Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
When Hunt Bros first came out they were ok enough for the price. Everything on it with, extra cheese was good drunk food. They used to pour those toppings on until it was a giant mound. Crust was gross but crust is usually the pizza's weak point anyway. Now it's crap with a handful of toppings, not even worth thinking about ordering. I worked at Dominos just out of high school. Fresh from the oven their pizza was great. Take five steps away and it turned into poo poo as soon as a mild breeze started cooling it off.

Saddest thing I ever saw was Taco Bell in Newfoundland. Nothing but plain tacos/burritos. Who the hell wants that? Meximelts and Baja Chalupas are where it's at, if you're craving lovely psuedo mexican food at 2am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Betacord posted:

Dominos UK has an absolutely crazy pricing policy, where I am a 12-inch with some kind of ordinary topping comes to £14.99 ($22). Or down the road I can get three 12-inch pizzas for £12.99. And it tastes the same (completely average fast food pizza). Actually the cheap place is slightly better as they put more toppings on.

They get away with it because the only other option is often a kebab shop pizza and they are always unedible.

Which is reminding me of the other day when a thread of mine got a donner meat calzone and I nearly threw up looking at it.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

a large trout posted:

i didn't realize sbarro was still a thing since malls aren't a thing anymore

If you've ever wondered what it would be like to vomit while driving a car, find a Sbarro near a highway.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

red19fire posted:

If you've ever wondered what it would be like to vomit while driving a car, find a Sbarro near a highway.

nah I vomit in my car all the time

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Betacord posted:

Dominos UK has an absolutely crazy pricing policy, where I am a 12-inch with some kind of ordinary topping comes to £14.99 ($22). Or down the road I can get three 12-inch pizzas for £12.99. And it tastes the same (completely average fast food pizza). Actually the cheap place is slightly better as they put more toppings on.

Here in Ireland they make their money as being the only place doing deliveries til 5am on weekends when most shut at 2am.

A Great Beard
Jan 31, 2007

i am wearing 3D glasses so your applebottom pops out at me.
ca has the worst pizza i've had in any state because everyone here is allergic to gluten and quality goods

the domino's near me is less than 3 miles from my house but takes 2 hours to deliver because the cooks also do deliveries at the same time

i tried just picking up a pizza after calling it in one time and i waited at an empty bulletproof glassed counter for 35 minutes before some bitch showed back up from a delivery and started my pizza

they are trying their best though i truly believe it

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
If you slip your local dominos manager a hundo, he or she will look the other way while you crawl into one of the ovens and experience what hell must be like.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
if you're allergic to gluten how about you just kill yourself instead of inconveniencing everybody else tia

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

was gonna get some za today but i remembered im going to the winking lizard tonight

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

thankfully the winking lizard has za :twisted:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
detroit style pizza owns

vaguely curious about that lil caesar's bacon crust pizza, i really liked their square pizza in the 90s as a kid

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

ashgromnies posted:

detroit style pizza owns

Truth.

Currently trying to think of a reason to drive to the other side of town so I can swing by Jets and get me a proper 'za.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

mysterious frankie posted:

If you slip your local dominos manager a hundo, he or she will look the other way while you crawl into one of the ovens and experience what hell must be like.

It's a pretty accurate experience too, since hell smells a lot like pepperoni.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Business Gorillas posted:

thankfully the winking lizard has za :twisted:

*hastily googles "winking lizard locations"*
*breathes a sigh in relief that the liz is in multiple cities*

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ashgromnies posted:

detroit style pizza owns

vaguely curious about that lil caesar's bacon crust pizza, i really liked their square pizza in the 90s as a kid

Funny thing is Domino's and Little Caesar's both started in SE Michigan, so they pretend they are what "Detroit-Style" is, when their pizza doesn't even come close. Also, there's still a few stores around that pretend to be family-owned pizzarias in their franchises because of that too, when they're just the same mediocre stuff. I actually used to live down the street from the property that was the first Domino's, and it's changed hands several times since. There was a show I once saw not too long ago where a guy went around trying to figure out restaurants' secret recipes, and for historical cuteness he went and borrowed the equipment of the small time little failing pizza place that was there at the time (before that it was a pretty good Mexican place) from the obviously confused and embarrassed owners who didn't speak English as a first language, while he was trying to figure out the post-2011 Domino's recipe.

(Also, holy poo poo, that crazy Noid guy story is true!)

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Dominos is great because they take meal plan dollars from my university.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you don't get Papa John's pizza

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Volume posted:

lol if you don't "get" Papa John's pizza

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Volume posted:

lol if you don't get Papa John's pizza

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

pickles on a pizza!! delicious

cams
Mar 28, 2003

used to work at a mall with a sbarros, one day my buddy was all "yo i know the girl workin at sbarros she gave me some free pizza" so i said "what a loving oval office"

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

That looks like loving vomit.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I'm not sure that's actually a pizza.

Pretty sure it's ring of dough surrounding a portal to the Vomit Dimension.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

eating a greazy cheezers bacon wraped pizza right now, its kind of disspaointing. at double the cost i would prefer the sodium hellscape pretzel pizza

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

this reminds me that a friend and his friend, visiting from sweden or w/e, came over and I ordered a meatlover's 'za. the swedish dude was so appalled and confused.

"dude what is this? are you friends with the manager or something how is there all this meat on the pizza? where's the cheese?"

"It's underneath the meat"

"what the gently caress dude there's like 5 animals on this pizza, is this legal?"

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

Swedish pizza is the goddamn worst.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I feel bad for Scandinavians sometimes good cheap things mystify them. "How is this not 500 kronar theres two types of meat and holy gently caress FOUR types of cheese on this pizza!!!?!??!?!"
I feel like they'd riot if all of them knew on a visceral level how good you can live so cheaply,

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I feel bad for Scandinavians sometimes good cheap things mystify them. "How is this not 500 kronar theres two types of meat and holy gently caress FOUR types of cheese on this pizza!!!?!??!?!"
I feel like they'd riot if all of them knew on a visceral level how good you can live so cheaply,

I could probably get over getting one meat on my pizza if I weren't hosed in the rear end over healthcare and benefits.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

TEAYCHES posted:

I could probably get over getting one meat on my pizza if I weren't hosed in the rear end over healthcare and benefits.

try glancing at their cost of living that includes things like healthcare and benefits, they're still getting royally hosed.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if any fast food place offered to save me $.10-.50 by throwing all of my food into a bag without wrapping it or putting it in a box of any kind, i'd take that offer in a heartbeat

just a bag of loose burgers and fries

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 250 days!)

pizza hut makes me sick i have a personal pan from 2009 with only a little vomit and a never opened mountain dew of the era - $500 + shipping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

milkingmycow posted:

I have a classic 2011 Domino's pizza for sale. $1200 OBO.

okay but if it isn't here in 30 minutes I'll loving kill u

• Locked thread