Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
more like FAILdows get it
Nov 19, 2007

punch a friend in the butt

Dee Ehm posted:

code:
Singularity Solidarity Society
1. Aethrus
2. Worldfamousw
3. UncommonGray
4. Mattybee
5. dirtygrass
Still need two more cooldudes for the team. Coolness is optional, honestly.

Pomale posted:

I'll take a spot if there's still one available, and I have a huge deficit of coolness so I'm glad that's being waived. Webtiles name is dirtygrass.

Still haven't been accepted into this clan and I'd really like to get in some plays as soon as the tournament starts, so if anyone has any open spaces in their clan I'd be happy to join! You can count on me for at least a few wins, probably no 15-rune though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Keep in mind that you can still play even without being in a clan. Plus, you're not even locked into a clan until the 14th.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Got a strong Human Fighter of TSO with five runes and staring down the barrel of Tomb, Pan, and the Hells. Should I brand my +9 eveningstar of flame, or grab this +4 demon whip, use my two enchant weapon on it, and use a +6 sacred scourge? The eveningstar has more base damage but the scourge gets almost half again as many attacks.

Edit: I have Str 25 Dex 14 though I'm not sure how much difference that makes. The eveningstar is weighted way more strongly for strength.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Where can you see the clan ladder?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

Can I be team Ogrecoming Adversity for another tourney as MrDespairSA? Gotta keep that trend going.

I think you're the last slot. Post an updated list from my quote where I took the #5 slot and I think we're full up!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Zarick posted:

Got a strong Human Fighter of TSO with five runes and staring down the barrel of Tomb, Pan, and the Hells. Should I brand my +9 eveningstar of flame, or grab this +4 demon whip, use my two enchant weapon on it, and use a +6 sacred scourge? The eveningstar has more base damage but the scourge gets almost half again as many attacks.

Edit: I have Str 25 Dex 14 though I'm not sure how much difference that makes. The eveningstar is weighted way more strongly for strength.

We tend to recommend base damage > all (it has an easier time penetrating AC of enemies) but you aren't going to be hugely penalized for going scourge over eveningstar. Do what you want, whether that's being 'optimal' or taking a more flavourful route.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Scourge is definitely better than eveningstar despite the lower base damage (demon whips are often better but not always).

The other reason to bless the dwhip is that you will have a backup weapon for non-unholies - you can't use the demon whip with TSO if you bless the eveningstar.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Captain Monkey posted:

I think you're the last slot. Post an updated list from my quote where I took the #5 slot and I think we're full up!

Aw poo poo, I didn't actually quote the team list when I declared my interest. Whoops.

more like FAILdows get it
Nov 19, 2007

punch a friend in the butt

C7ty1 posted:

Keep in mind that you can still play even without being in a clan. Plus, you're not even locked into a clan until the 14th.

Well I know I can play but I wanted my games to be registered under a clan. I've never actually played in a tournament before so I might be confusing some of the details.

Unimpressed posted:

Where can you see the clan ladder?

http://dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.17/teams.html

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Captain Monkey posted:

code:
1: IT'S ME, DIPLOMAT, I'M THE OGRE BOSS HELL YEAH
2: FHQWHGADS, THE OGRE UNDERBOSS
3: A OGRE CALLED HUIREN
4: STORYTIMESA!
5: friendlybee, the kindest and least capitalized ogre
6: MrDespairSA, the Ogre that keeps doing this because he hates winning but loves smashing things. 

Glagha posted:

Aw poo poo, I didn't actually quote the team list when I declared my interest. Whoops.

I'd give up my slot, but this will be the 3rd or 4th tourney on the all ogre team, and I can't pass that up.

e. Unrelated, my current trunk VSBe

code:
 Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.18-a0-33-g9e10395 (webtiles) character file.

MrDespairSA the Slicer (Vine Stalker Berserker)    Turns: 12948, Time: 00:31:29

Health: 72/72      AC: 19    Str: 23    XL:     13   Next: 26%
Magic:  12/12      EV: 17    Int:  7    God:    Trog [******]
Gold:   89         SH:  6    Dex: 23    Spells: 0 memorised, 12 levels left

rFire  + . .     SeeInvis .     a - +7 quick blade "Sudghiypn" {venom, *Rage +Fly rF+ rN+}
rCold  + + .     Rnd*Rage +     E - +4 leather armour of Filth {rPois Regen+}
rNeg   + . .     SustAt   .     Y - +0 buckler
rPois  +         Gourm    .     U - +1 helmet
rElec  .         Spirit   +     B - +0 cloak
rCorr  .         Warding  .     V - +3 pair of gauntlets of War {Slay+5}
rMut   .         Stasis   .     x - +0 pair of boots
MR     +....                    (no amulet)
Stlth  ++........               c - +5 ring of dexterity
                                X - ring "Codis" {rC+ Str+2}

@: somewhat resistant to hostile enchantments, unstealthy
A: fangs 3, talons 1, iridescent scales 1, cold resistance 1, deformed body, low
mp 1, regeneration 3, magic shield, antimagic bite, no device heal 3, rot
immunity
a: Berserk, Trog's Hand, Brothers in Arms, Burn Spellbooks, Renounce Religion,
Evoke Flight
so good.

e2. I've fallen through like, 6 shafts though, what the gently caress why are there so many shafts this game.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Nov 5, 2015

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Zarick posted:

I would probably prefer the eveningstar but it doesn't actually matter which you pick, they're both more than good enough

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Mr. Despair posted:

I'd give up my slot, but this will be the 3rd or 4th tourney on the all ogre team, and I can't pass that up.

Y'know what, that's actually fine. I'll start another ogre team, Team Ogreflow if there's any other ogre wannabes like me. Not until It home from work though.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I will add people to the RCfile later tonight!! Anyone left over should definitely start up Maximum Ogredrive because having two ogre clans went great last time!! :arghfist::byodood:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Angry Diplomat posted:

I will add people to the RCfile later tonight!! Anyone left over should definitely start up Maximum Ogredrive because having two ogre clans went great last time!! :arghfist::byodood:

Aw poo poo that's a way better name

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Are you sick and tired of devs running this amazing game into the ground? Taking everything good and pure out of it? Replacing it with cheap immigrant content?

TAKE A STAND.

GOZAG-TRUMP 2016- MAKING CRAWL GREAT AGAIN

1. Ramc
2. bh
3. DocEon
4. Jazzimus Prime
5. skasion
6. Captain Monkey

The yoougest, most luxurious runes. An amazing, beautiful clan. Gold plated hammers. Platinum ankhuses.

And we are paying for it ourselves.

Jazzimus if you want in this year a spot is reserved for you! Welcome aboard!

Ramc fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 6, 2015

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Ramc posted:

Jazzimus if you want in this year a spot is reserved for you!

Sure, I'm in. I start a new work contract on Nov 16th, but I should still be able to get at least a couple of wins in before then.

EDIT: Also, my next win will be #50! Halfway to the century mark! :black101:

Jazzimus Prime fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 6, 2015

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Sure, I'm in. I start a new work contract on Nov 16th, but I should still be able to get at least a couple of wins in before then.

EDIT: Also, my next win will be #50! Halfway to the century mark! :black101:

Welcome aboard :black101:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
If that other ogre guy wants my slot, and the gozag trump team wants me, I really love everything about that team.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Ramc posted:

Are you sick and tired of devs running this amazing game into the ground? Taking everything good and pure out of it? Replacing it with cheap immigrant content?

TAKE A STAND.

1. Ramc
2. bh
3. DocEon
4. Jazzimus Prime
5. skasion

The yoougest, most luxurious runes. An amazing, beautiful clan. Gold plated hammers. Platinum ankhuses.

Seems like a good excuse for me to learn to Gozag.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Captain Monkey posted:

If that other ogre guy wants my slot, and the gozag trump team wants me, I really love everything about that team.

Sure. What is your name on Crawl?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ramc posted:

Sure. What is your name on Crawl?

friendlybee

Thanks!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ramc posted:

TAKE A STAND.

1. Ramc
2. bh
3. DocEon
4. Jazzimus Prime
5. skasion
6. Captain Monkey

Should've been an edit not a post, sorry.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Humans Among Us posted:

Lolled at this team name :xd:
in as braks

WereVolvo posted:

In as WereVolvo. Cannot guarantee complete avoidance of astoundingly stupid splats, but I'm probably good for a win or two.

Ugly John posted:

I'll hop in (uglyjohn on CSZO). I should be good for at least one win and a bunch of attempts at a 15.

The three of you aren't showing up as registered yet. Make sure you all have

# TEAMCAPTAIN NotMyLeg

as the first line in your 0.17 rcfile. If you already do, let me know so I can see if it's a problem with my rcfile.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

http://crawl.berotato.org/crawl/morgue/zarick13/morgue-zarick13-20151106-010957.txt

Figures I'd get my first 15 rune win the day before the tournament.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yo wannabe ogres who, like me, missed out on the true ogre experience, I started a second ogre team. Maximum Ogredrive

Drill is the same, put
# TEAMCAPTAIN Glagha
at the very top of your rcfile and never be not throwing large rocks.

Edit: Don't actually do this I'm not doing this team I'm on the other ogre team this is all very confusing!

Glagha fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 6, 2015

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Ramc posted:

1. Ramc
2. bh
3. DocEon
4. Jazzimus Prime
5. skasion
6. Captain Monkey (friendlybee)

OKAY TEAM! Tomorrow I want you to go out there and be WINNERS.

I have it on good authority that if we succeed that the devs will re-implement hammers, Singularity, Stalkers, Sludge Elves and Mountain Dwarves, and then will build a wall (they will pay for it) around the code so they can't be removed later.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

code:
1: IT'S ME, DIPLOMAT, I'M THE OGRE BOSS HELL YEAH
2: FHQWHGADS, THE OGRE UNDERBOSS
3: A OGRE CALLED HUIREN
4: STORYTIMESA!
5: GLAGHA, WHO I WAS ORIGINALLY GOING TO PUT IN INSTEAD OF FRIENDLYBEE BUT I GOT CONFUSED BUT THEN FRIENDLYBEE WENT AWAY SOMEWHERE SO NOW IT'S GLAGHA THE END WELCOME GLAGHA
6: MRDESPAIRSA WHO I REMEMBER AS A REALLY GOOD OGRE WHO DIES A BUNCH BUT IS LOUD AND BRAVE. WELCOME BACK GOOD OGRE
Ok!! I added you all to the RCfile! Remember to add me as your teamcaptain! Let's go throw some rocks and DIE LOUDLY

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

So "she told me she was 0.18" isn't going to work since the decimal point is lost in the clan name. So I need an emergency name. Anyone?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Stoat posted:

So "she told me she was 0.18" isn't going to work since the decimal point is lost in the clan name. So I need an emergency name. Anyone?

I am pretty sure MAXIMUM OGREDRIVE is still available!! :haw:

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Stoat posted:

she told me she was 0_18

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

FireSight posted:

she told me she was 0_18

I think someone said it just parses underscores as spaces. You could do 0-18, but that looks weird.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
she told me she was 0 point 18

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Not My Leg posted:

I think someone said it just parses underscores as spaces. You could do 0-18, but that looks weird.

It does. Lack of punctuation is why I had to change my team name from It's Not Our Vault, too.

Feature request: tournament punctuation

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Not My Leg posted:

The three of you aren't showing up as registered yet. Make sure you all have

# TEAMCAPTAIN NotMyLeg

as the first line in your 0.17 rcfile. If you already do, let me know so I can see if it's a problem with my rcfile.

did you make my name lower case braks ??

i just put it in all my rc files, maybe bit of server discrepancy

heard u like girls fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 6, 2015

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Humans Among Us posted:

did you make my name lower case braks ??

i just put it in all my rc files, maybe bit of server discrepancy

Whatever you did worked. You're showing up now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
0.17 thread is up.

• Locked thread