Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Yes this is a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

I was laid off a while back and did extra work while looking for a new job. I am in episode 7 as one of the Under Armour executives. The whole cast and crew were really friendly, so I wish good things for this show. I watched the pilot and liked it, I just have so many drat shows going on, I plan to get back to this soon.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

York_M_Chan posted:

I was laid off a while back and did extra work while looking for a new job. I am in episode 7 as one of the Under Armour executives. The whole cast and crew were really friendly, so I wish good things for this show. I watched the pilot and liked it, I just have so many drat shows going on, I plan to get back to this soon.

That's pretty awesome. I haven't seen the most latest episode but all the ones before, I'm still enjoying the poo poo out of this show, but to be fair, it's no Daredevil.

Episode 4 is still amazing tho. gently caress y'all.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rhyno posted:

This was dreadful. I can't imagine how terrible the FX pilot had to have been for this to be what came next.

It might well have been better. FX's standards are probably a tad higher.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

York_M_Chan posted:

I have 1 question

Is Michelle Forbes a total MILF in real life?

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Absolutely. She wasn't caked in makeup or lit just right to make her look hot or young. She is a natural beauty. I only know her from BSG and Orphan Black and never connected that it was her until after. She was actually at the wardrobe office at the same time I was getting fit. She was nice as well.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

York_M_Chan posted:

Absolutely. She wasn't caked in makeup or lit just right to make her look hot or young. She is a natural beauty. I only know her from BSG and Orphan Black and never connected that it was her until after. She was actually at the wardrobe office at the same time I was getting fit. She was nice as well.

Jeezus, how did I not know that was the same woman either? The cast of this show is surprisingly good, but gently caress, I just can't get into a rhythm with it. I like the slow, talky stuff (and normally I'm the first person to sort of roll my eyes and scream "get on with the cool poo poo already!" with most shows like this, but this one has stuff that you can get into, but ironically every time there's any actual demonstration of powers, it all tumbles into stupid.

I do understand what they were going for with the latest episode, but what should have been a really amazing, triumphant show of Christian getting his powers back was so HORRENDOUSLY hokey and poor that it killed all the momentum building up to that moment. Since, it's just felt incredibly weak. This show is basically saving all the actual powers bits with people that clearly give a poo poo about the characters and the world, but the effects just can't keep up. It's honestly hurting the whole show.

All that said, the show knows how to tease events for the next episode, but if they're on the same level of Calista has powers! But gently caress knows what they are! poo poo, than this show needs to actually pay off on their cliffhangers. Booooo, show, boooooooo.

[edit]for more Powers-like unnecessary cussing.

SamBishop fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 15, 2015

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

I know nobody is still following this thread, but that was a pretty decent penultimate episode. If any of you guys are still following the show, some pretty major poo poo went down, and (not at all a spoiler) Wolfe is out, which means bad things will probably happen, given that Sway was based on Wolfe's blood and he can just straight-up rip it from folks.

I really do want this show to have an actual budget (the Sony leaks actually show how much each episode is supposed to have had, though of course that's old), and it's obvious everyone on the show wants it to be good, but this last episode might end up being way more Alphas than I'd thought: it might portend this show to be decent if they can just get some real SFX people to work on the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've sat through 6 episodes now and I still fail to see anything "good" about it. Oh well, can't stop now.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm still watching this thing, and I think it's pretty drat cool still. FX aren't everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Error 404 posted:

I'm still watching this thing, and I think it's pretty drat cool still. FX aren't everything.

No but when you add poor casting (Deena, Calista), bad acting (everyone except Michelle Forbes), lack of compelling stories, absolutely dreadful costuming and the most amazing disconnect from source material in any comic adaptation in recent history it certainly adds up to some pretty lovely television. Having Daredevil debut and be everything a comic book show should be isn't helping either.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

No but when you add poor casting (Deena, Calista), bad acting (everyone except Michelle Forbes), lack of compelling stories, absolutely dreadful costuming and the most amazing disconnect from source material in any comic adaptation in recent history it certainly adds up to some pretty lovely television. Having Daredevil debut and be everything a comic book show should be isn't helping either.

Cool.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So holy poo poo, the finale was great!
I'm really hoping for a season 2.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The advertisements for the show they're printing in comics calls it "the most watched show on the Playstation network."

Are there other shows on PSN?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Rhyno posted:

The advertisements for the show they're printing in comics calls it "the most watched show on the Playstation network."

Are there other shows on PSN?

Does the Tester count?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2qZGYF46fs

I had a lot of fun with this show. It wasnt great. It wasnt even good, but it was just a hell of a lot of fun. Never could have guessed this would have been the TV event of the spring for me, but I was hooked from the very first scene when Christians illusion of Wolfe was asking him "How does it feel... How does it feel to be... POWERLESS" just to have the camera pan up and Blue Monday starts playing.

Also Johnny Royales little dance when he comes back to his club was insane. The pop up video sound effect he made every time he went anywhere was incredible.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Meme Emulator posted:

I had a lot of fun with this show. It wasnt great. It wasnt even good, but it was just a hell of a lot of fun.

This sums up my feelings pretty well. It's got lots of flaws, but I genuinely really enjoyed the story they're telling here.

I seriously hope they make more.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Error 404 posted:

This sums up my feelings pretty well. It's got lots of flaws, but I genuinely really enjoyed the story they're telling here.

I seriously hope they make more.

Heres a quick collection of my greatest hits:

'How does it feel'
http://a.pomf.se/mgjdmv.webm

Johnnnnnyyyyy Royalleeeee!
http://a.pomf.se/bargey.webm

The Most Insane 5 Minutes Of Any Television Show Ever
http://a.pomf.se/bmudco.webm

Royalle chokes Christian
http://a.pomf.se/lpqnyn.webm

Fuuucckkk Youuuuuu
http://a.pomf.se/uazmps.webm

All im missing is one of those Wolfe blood fountains.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zora's purple lantern powers are pretty poo poo. The flying scenes is pretty piss weak, any time Retro Girl is flying it just makes me laugh.

I still have no idea what Calista's power is, was it clear?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't think anything about Calista is clear. I watched all 10 episodes of this and I'm still sitting here trying to sort out the overall plot. It's like somebody read the comics and then got incredibly drunk and tried to retell the story from memory.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

I don't think anything about Calista is clear. I watched all 10 episodes of this and I'm still sitting here trying to sort out the overall plot. It's like somebody read the comics and then got incredibly drunk and tried to retell the story from memory.

Personally I have it narrowed down to two possibilities.
A. She's now Wulfe-lite, but instead of eating everyone, she just ate Retrogirl and has her powers.

B. Wulfe gave her Walker's powers as a gift and final gently caress you to Walker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's probably B.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Look Daredevil came out and blew my loving mind. It obviously sits at the very top of the comic book TV show world. but I like this show because it explores the impact of superpowered individuals on our culture in a way that other superhero stories don't. Yeah, the big boys touch on some of the obvious stuff like anti-power legislation, but for the most part the hundred little things that would change are ignored by the likes of Marvel. Like if people just started getting superpowers there would absolutely be PR people and lame rear end costumes and all the other things in this show. Everything on TV right now in this genre assumes anybody with powers is absolutely good and fully capable of handling the mindfuck of finding out something like that about yourself while in this show any dumbass can evolve a power and even the good guys seem to have some major PTSD issues .

What I am saying is I was really loving high the other day and I thought that if Thor from the comics actually appeared in our world there would probably be a resurgence in the Norse religion and why hasn't Marvel explored that? This show scratches that itch. Who cares that the CGI sucks?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

D-Pad posted:

Look Daredevil came out and blew my loving mind. It obviously sits at the very top of the comic book TV show world. but I like this show because it explores the impact of superpowered individuals on our culture in a way that other superhero stories don't. Yeah, the big boys touch on some of the obvious stuff like anti-power legislation, but for the most part the hundred little things that would change are ignored by the likes of Marvel. Like if people just started getting superpowers there would absolutely be PR people and lame rear end costumes and all the other things in this show. Everything on TV right now in this genre assumes anybody with powers is absolutely good and fully capable of handling the mindfuck of finding out something like that about yourself while in this show any dumbass can evolve a power and even the good guys seem to have some major PTSD issues .

What I am saying is I was really loving high the other day and I thought that if Thor from the comics actually appeared in our world there would probably be a resurgence in the Norse religion and why hasn't Marvel explored that? This show scratches that itch. Who cares that the CGI sucks?

:agreed:
Just because X is better than Y sure as poo poo doesn't mean Y is bad. Definitely scratches that itch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

D-Pad posted:

Marvel has. Numerous times. This show still sucks.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This show still isn't longer than all the cutscenes in MGS4. Disappointment.

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

I watched them all in the hopes that PSN will continue doing the original programming thing and eventually put out a good show.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

This show still isn't longer than all the cutscenes in MGS4. Disappointment.

Give it time, apparently someone gave them a second series.

I spose I should watch the last few episodes then.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good God the first 3 episode are just rubbish, confusing, aimless. I hate or dislike just about every character and I wish Calista the worst of deaths. Walker is like the only character I actually like with Deena and Johnny being pretty neutral on. Johnny you gently caress up.

It finally gets decent with episode 4. Its ok from then on out with every scene with Calista making a crater full of poo poo. The effects remain pretty poo poo throughout looking very 90's.

Hahaha gently caress you Zora.

The one really stand out thing about this show is that it doesn't shy away from mass causality events or getting bloody.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BSam posted:

Give it time, apparently someone gave them a second series.

I spose I should watch the last few episodes then.

Wait, this got renewed?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

Wait, this got renewed?

Yes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's the highest rated Playstation Original show in history

Adbot