Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Carol Pizzamom posted:

the combat feels like a downgrade from gw1 (other than the removal of 2.5d) and the story and artstyle don't grab me as much

the rest of it is likely nostalgia bullshit since i was really, really young for GW1

I'm gonna guess everything except the artstyle is just nostalgia. GW1 had a tab target combat system, both of them are pretty floaty movementwise so no change there, and GW1 had an okay story until you leave the shiverpeaks. It gets really weird really fast after that in GW1. GW2 isn't better at all, but they're both pretty bad.

Art style, though, yeah. Babyface human women is still just really weird to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Are you all forgetting the play in Nightfall where Anet lampoons its own terrible GW1 story

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/All%27s_Well_That_Ends_Well

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I'm gonna guess everything except the artstyle is just nostalgia. GW1 had a tab target combat system, both of them are pretty floaty movementwise so no change there, and GW1 had an okay story until you leave the shiverpeaks. It gets really weird really fast after that in GW1. GW2 isn't better at all, but they're both pretty bad.

Art style, though, yeah. Babyface human women is still just really weird to me.

I liked the multiclassing and team composition. I picked it up more recently to finish the story with the expansion packs and they more or less save thes tory and wrap stuff up although the premise is a bit cliche, it's done fairly well. There's something about just the environments and music in that game, though, they all look very unique and you can tell some very artistic people worked on the aesthetic. With the exception of one or two zones in GW2 I never got htat, it was just really dumb poo poo like lol ussr moles or whatever fantasy cliches. Things like the weird swamps and desert zones in GW1 had an aesthetic that looked like nothing else for some reason.

I also have a lot of fond memories of being a runner, which is something that didn't quite exist the same after the first expansion, where people would pay you to run through the shiverpeaks across areas that didn't even have much of a reason to exist

• Locked thread