Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

there's no middle class.
you're all poor, and a few months away from losing everything in your life.

sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

We are a savage nation.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
How is 75k not middle class? Maybe you should give up on trying to live in the bay area, that's plenty of money pretty much anywhere that isn't a rapidly gentrifying city. Hell even 20-30 is pretty livable if you can get health insurance through your employer though kids/dependent spouse would be rough.

I always just shake my head when I see 75-150 households swimming in debt because they have 2+ car payments, a mortgage on a house that has several rooms they don't even use for "special occasions", and Max out their credit cards every Christmas. Yeah maybe your income would go a bit farther if 50% of the money you spent wasn't going to interest payments.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Hell even 20-30 is pretty livable if you can get health insurance through your employer though kids/dependent spouse would be rough.

gently caress, I'm ecstatic when I can get more than 20k in a year, and benefits are a unicorn. Fancy talk about healthcare, spouses and caviar, Mr. Rockafeller.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Orkin Mang posted:

even with the gadget poo poo i still dont know where these peoples monies go for them to be always so broke

Enormous mortgage.
Enormous payments on a shiny, high spec hire-purchase car that they don't actually need.
Expensive holidays.
Buying stupid crap on credit cards.

You know, a few tens of thousands here, a few tens of thousands there... pretty soon, you're talking real money.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Idiot Kicker posted:

zephyrwinds charter school is just a... better environment... for mckailah

this is the whitest post i've ever seen

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
if you have children you probably have to face the increasingly likely fact that they are not moving out at 18

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

Enormous mortgage.
Enormous payments on a shiny, high spec hire-purchase car that they don't actually need.
Expensive holidays.
Buying stupid crap on credit cards.

You know, a few tens of thousands here, a few tens of thousands there... pretty soon, you're talking real money.

Let's not forget student loans and incompetence: asking a 19 year old kid who thinks journalism is a real thing (read: an idiot) to go into 100k of debt before they're 25 starts a chain reaction. Decades of minimum payments on that debt set the person up with atrocious borrowing habits that banks and pay-services like and foster. Pretty soon you're making loan payments with your paycheck and paying for groceries (read: pop and junk food) with a credit card. Every tax refund is seen as a little lottery win and immediately spent pointlessly, nothing is ever saved, and suddenly anything less than six figures a year seems impossible to live off of.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
fag

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

gently caress off

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

gently caress off

Uh oh, I've offended the native reliance on candy-drink. A strange ritual of short insults begins...

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Tsinava posted:

if you have children you probably have to face the increasingly likely fact that they are not moving out at 18

Which is why you boot them out. My buddy's mom remarried and his stepdad cashed in his college fund for a new roof and kicked his rear end out once he finished high school. :boomers:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

would love 75k a year that'd be the poo poo

:(

I don't know anyone who moved out at 18

my girlfriend's aunt had her rich mom pay for half her house and now she can't stop spending her husbands money so she is trying to charge her own mother rent

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Mar 17, 2015

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

the font they used for the top and bottom is called "Hobo STD"

heh an std from a hobo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Maybe if they didn't start at minimum wage and got an industry average wage. Maybe.

• Locked thread