Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
I moved from the burbs into the city to be 1) closer to all of the good bars, 2) less traffic for work/school. The culture poo poo is neat and all, but I mostly moved to be close to cool bars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lolling at all the cliches in this thread like "cool bars"

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

The suburbs in America are at the root of tons of our current and longstanding policy problems, from failing public schools, to bankrupt local governments, to chronic state government deficits, and even the federal deficit. Our massive unfunded infrastructure liability is mostly due to building highways and bridges in the middle of loving nowhere so shithead white people can live in generic, poorly constructed tract houses in massive parking lots. The suburbs contribute well over 50% of our carbon emissions, while containing less than 50% of the population, which helps drive climate change. The suburbs are a net drag on economic mobility, and the suburban race to the bottom to draw businesses out of the central cities is a huge drag on efficiency.

Not to mention they are loving awful places to live, and full of awful people.

Sorry we're not living up to your required efficiency. You know what would be even more efficient than your 1500 sq ft house in the city? Living in a giant high rise with an average of 100k people per square mile like NYC 130 years ago. Even better, you and the rest of the sardines could subsist on a protein/carb slurry delivered via tube to each 100sq ft assigned quarters. I mean, what more do you need than that, you fat greedy American?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Pauline Kael posted:

Sorry we're not living up to your required efficiency. You know what would be even more efficient than your 1500 sq ft house in the city? Living in a giant high rise with an average of 100k people per square mile like NYC 130 years ago. Even better, you and the rest of the sardines could subsist on a protein/carb slurry delivered via tube to each 100sq ft assigned quarters. I mean, what more do you need than that, you fat greedy American?

lmbo

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Pauline Kael posted:

read this dudes post history in this thread, he mad :laugh:

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

You should definitely whine some more about how suburbs consume too many resources for your liking, and how only you have the answer.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

d0s posted:

read this dudes post history in this thread, he mad :laugh:

Thanks for contributing. You are a very good poster.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Pauline Kael posted:

You should definitely whine some more about how suburbs consume too many resources for your liking, and how only you have the answer.

you're retarded

Dengue_Fever
Sep 21, 2011

Gtfo of here with that tripe, republicunt mouthpiece anti-culture pro business dick sucking waste of paper and digital data.

Dengue_Fever
Sep 21, 2011

Pauline Kael posted:

Wtf? You make me think that beating quotas for people with an IQ less than a hundred might be a sound idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Dengue_Fever posted:

Gtfo of here with that tripe, republicunt mouthpiece anti-culture pro business dick sucking waste of paper and digital data.

bingo!!!!

• Locked thread