Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

spacemang_spliff posted:

If you're serious, check out Lawrence. If you have money, go see a KU basketball game. If not go see a local band at downtown.

Lawrence is the least Kansas town in Kansas; it's a good town

Lawrence is nice, except I have a friend who got roofied at the Replay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Step 1. Implement lovely regressive policies that lead to more inequality
Step 2. Win more votes because inequality leads to Republicans winning
Step 3. ???

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Iron Crowned posted:

Lawrence is nice, except I have a friend who got roofied at the Replay.

yeah that sounds like the Replay.

never leave your drink alone there. or eat there (they had a grill out on St Patrick's day one year and gave me a rare burger lol)

the bottleneck is 100x better. better sound and not nearly as rapey

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

KaptainKrunk posted:

Step 1. Implement lovely regressive policies that lead to more inequality
Step 2. Win more votes because inequality leads to Republicans winning
Step 3. ???

What you're looking for is 'total systemic collapse'

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
On the plus side we'll be seasoned road warriors by the time the rest of the country gets around to collapsing.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
america is a diseased hellhole full of unmedicated mental patients being egged on by nutbags in the media

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Top City Homo posted:

america is a diseased hellhole full of unmedicated mental patients being egged on by nutbags in the media

mental health in this country is absolutely abysmal. poor and indigent people with mental illness are essentially doomed.

but that's a different thread

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

spacemang_spliff posted:

mental health in this country is absolutely abysmal. poor and indigent people with mental illness are essentially doomed.

they happen to be elected into office

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Top City Homo posted:

they happen to be elected into office

nah most of the crazy people I've met are cool and harmless and not evil.

Walker was just born out of Satan's rear end (he's the afterbirth from W's birthing)

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

spacemang_spliff posted:

GOP's really cashing in on that. My dad self-medicates with the right-wing outrage machine as much as he does with $15,000/year of cigarettes and whiskey. He just drinks amd chain smokes in front of Fox News all day while poking around right wing internet sites.

So basically I'm not getting any inheritance because psychologists are for pussies or something.

Thanks, Reagan!

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Accretionist posted:

GOP's really cashing in on that. My dad self-medicates with the right-wing outrage machine as much as he does with $15,000/year of cigarettes and whiskey. He just drinks amd chain smokes in front of Fox News all day while poking around right wing internet sites.

So basically I'm not getting any inheritance because psychologists are for pussies or something.

Thanks, Reagan!

Have you considered pulling yur self up bi-yur bootstraps?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Wulfolme posted:

When your most realistic goal is losing the next 4 elections because after that you'll have enough of a voting base to have a real shot at the 5th, it's understandable that no one wants to burn the time and money it would take to even try.

At the same time, to the electorate it's more important to say 'No!' to the party of atheists and abortions than it is to have the toilets keep flushing and have someone there to answer when you call 911.

City of Tampa posted:

That's just it though; if the Democrats were the party of atheists and abortions they would give people a reason to vote for them.

Currently in a lot of red states the Democratic Party is the party of Republican economic policies plus token support for some social issues, when it is politically expedient.

And in my experience there are almost certainly progressive candidates that are willing to try to get the message out and run; they just don't have a party apparatus that is friendly to them.

This is what happens when the "no LF poo poo allowed" rule is silently agreed on by both political parties.

The lack of a real solid moral grounding and Marxist analysis critiquing capitalism will make the democrats nothing more than the gay friendly party ineffectual social pandering with plutocratic economics while republicans are the xenophobic Bible Belt party with plutocratic economics

democrats are worthless and in the long run are just giving republicans more reactionary fuel to push the country further to the right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I certainly hope everyone in this thread has read or watched "What's the Matter with Kansas?" by Thomas Frank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0dVBovsdZM

The classist, condescending, anti-religious attitude by bougie liberals has been their undoing.

• Locked thread