Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Jastiger posted:

Exactly. Best thread has been posted for gnarlyhotep to vote 5 on. Even has a poll in it just the way he likes it.

You already disqualified it by voting on it yourself, genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

You already disqualified it by voting on it yourself, genius

Dammit I hit stop. I think I hit 1 when I was trying to click the little star to sub to it. Grrr :mad:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Mr. Hotep I feel like you should receive a hefty salary for what you must endure here :ohdear:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Luvcow posted:

Mr. Hotep I feel like you should receive a hefty salary for what you must endure here :ohdear:

he'd probably accept a picture of the guy in his av doing the worm. I'm jsut saying...

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I knew there would be some hiccup for this contest. Multiple winners? Oh I get it Gnarlys thread so Gnarlys rules.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jastiger posted:

Dammit I hit stop. I think I hit 1 when I was trying to click the little star to sub to it. Grrr :mad:

show some god damned click control. it's part of the game.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

what if the winners never realize they won, what then

e: it'd be sad to see the prizes go to waste

Pivotal Lever fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 23, 2015

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Pivotal Lever posted:

what if the winners never realize they won, what then

e: it'd be sad to see the prizes go to waste

well I PMed Chernabog, Darf doesn't have plat and Jamoke has PMs turned off. I'll leave this thread open until they've all posted here or the end of the week

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I nominate Duck and Cover.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Chernabog posted:

I nominate Duck and Cover.

cool! any particular post?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

fyodor posted:

show some god damned click control. it's part of the game.

I am, I am. I'm watching my thread get the poll votes but no votes for 5 :mad:. Go vote it 5!

Edit: Whoa a nomination!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Not in particular, he just always seems to be whining about something, especially in the game sub-forums.

Here's a fine example:

"duck and cover posted:

Hearthstone has the rudest community of any game I've ever played. While Dota/LOL.etc may have 20% of people bad mouthing one another each and every game, Hearthstone has something like 80% of people wasting time maxing out lethal. Making sure you have lethal and didn't miss potential damage is fine making GBS threads out your hand when you clearly have lethal and making sure to get the person to maximize that negative number is just a dick thing to do.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Chernabog posted:

Not in particular, he just always seems to be whining about something, especially in the game sub-forums.

Here's a fine example:

Done. May take a little while to be approved but it is in the queue. Congrats!

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

lol complaining about rudeness in a game where you can only interact with otherss tru a few canned phrases

duck and cover is a good one everything he touches turns into poo poo but shame you didnt chose to probate a gbser

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, but I don't really post enough in GBS to have someone else in mind. I didn't even know I was part of this contest.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Chernabog posted:

Yeah, but I don't really post enough in GBS to have someone else in mind. I didn't even know I was part of this contest.

join us :unsmigghh:

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...

YeahSo! posted:

Just howwwwww?? *sighs*

I popped in here and spotted Manlove a few posts up, there. I wondered if his palms were maybe beginning to sweat a bit by this stage, and searched for any hint of nervous air hovering amongst his words. Thinking, it's times like this that probies of the past may come back to haunt my poor li'l Franco.

Wondering what secrets their Rap Sheets might hold, I looked up the winners to see what dastardly infractions, real or imagined, they'd been sent up the river in the past for, and by whom.

First up was Jamoke.. *pauses with slack-jaw stare*.. clean record. Five years and not a whiff of trouble. My first thoughts were: how in the ever loving gently caress is that possible.. I can't go literally two weeks absolute maximum without some sort of bullshit or other going down; dude here has gone five loving years.. just how.. he must suck mean wicked cock like a champ or he flies under the radar so well that he's all but invisible. It was somewhat soul-destroying staring blankly at his equally blank Rap Sheet, trying to understand it, trying to fathom the impossible.

I decided that such pristine Leper pages must be few and far between, that it'd be a long while before I stumbled across a mint condition page kept clean for so long. The alternative was to realise that I'm a terrible, terrible person who should be locked up forever - and I wasn't having a bar of that. It was just a fluke, five years with no trouble would be practically unheard of. NEXT!

Pulling up Chernabog's page I was happy to see some entries.. there weren't many, three to be exact, but at least it was something! I was glad because I figured ol' Chernie here would reinforce that Jammy 5yr cleanskin was a fluke, a freak of nature, a ghost in the machine. Then the details hit me, and knocked the wind out of me - two crimes in 2008 and one in 2010. Again five fkn years with no trouble.. wtf?

I only read Leper's Colony, I don't check out random peoples Rap Sheets. I began to wonder if this was the norm, people go years with no trouble? Just how? I tried to reconcile it in my mind by telling myself that it's because I'm a normal person I can't go two weeks in here with no trouble; goons can last years 'coz they're goons, they're not normal, their goonish ways keep them safe out of trouble here, but in the real world they'd be hosed. I wasn't convincing enough though; I didn't buy it, there were too many holes. So, I decided that, against all odds, I must've stumbled upon two flukes here today. Ugh, whatever.. NEXT!

I tentatively looked up Darf. A skeleton/reaper type av - looks promising for a trouble-maker type, I thought. Saw his latest post was "Buster Hymen" - oh yeah, this guy is TROUBLE, I thought. This guy will bring it all back in line with reality, that other users too are getting probied/banned for stupid poo poo, it's not just me, he's gonna make it all okay. My fingers had a spring in there step as I clicked into his Rap Sheet page, annnnnnnd..  another cleanskin - four years, no trouble. Just how though! How do they do it? Howwwwww??

Lol I'm unable to compute this. No reflection at all on the threads, they're good, but were the results rigged to have the three most cleanest Rap Sheets present, for the longest amount of time, win the competition? Or, am I just a terrible, terrible person who should be locked up forever? I don't understand how people can go 4-5yrs with not so much as a six hour probie when the most retarded bullshit imagineable is commonplace on my Rap Sheets. Just how?! :negative:

And that concludes my tale of woe for today. Well done, winners.. clearly you are very, very good peaple (whereas I am not)! :D  

I choose this one to prob

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Darf posted:

Good choice.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Darf posted:

Oh thank god.

Sax Mortar
Aug 24, 2004

Darf posted:

Can I nominate this post as best post of the week?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Darf posted:

:golfclap:

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
One of our best threads was made by a guy that didn't even know the contest existed, and does care about GBS. Pathetic. I guess ralp was right, something awful mall. Not a town. We aren't forced into to our certain haunts and neighborhood. We are shoppers in the mall of something awful, entering every store that holds any interest for us. But us GBS regulars, we are stuck in the Medieval Weaponry store, honing our skills with out twin blades "irony" and "gay proclamation." This guy just waltzes in and shows us how it's done.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

greg sexyvibes posted:

One of our best threads was made by a guy that didn't even know the contest existed, and does care about GBS. Pathetic. I guess ralp was right, something awful mall. Not a town. We aren't forced into to our certain haunts and neighborhood. We are shoppers in the mall of something awful, entering every store that holds any interest for us. But us GBS regulars, we are stuck in the Medieval Weaponry store, honing our skills with out twin blades "irony" and "gay proclamation." This guy just waltzes in and shows us how it's done.

or it just proves that people who don't regularly post in GBS are better

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp

greg sexyvibes posted:

I like malls. They're very post-apocalyptic. The few people you see are likely to rob you, and the food is a Russian roulette of third world diseases.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Spanish Manlove posted:

There's always a few gems hidden amongst the angry posting

ChuckHead
Jun 24, 2004

2000 years Assholes.

Spanish Manlove posted:

So true

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Darf posted:

i hate words and support this post

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS

gnarlyhotep posted:

1st place winner is Jamoke - you get to probate somebody for a week!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Jamoke if you need a suggestion on who to probate, I nominate greg sexyvibes.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
just pick some brand new user and break them in with a week's probation

(lol there are no new users)

Jamoke
Feb 13, 2010

HAMDINGERS

gnarlyhotep posted:

Jamoke if you need a suggestion on who to probate, I nominate greg sexyvibes.

one finger on my nose, the other pointing at gnarlyhotep

greg sexyvibes posted:

Keeping it rizzle fo dayum strizzle my nizzle.

p.s. - Enjoy that vacation.

*vulture screech*

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
It's funny to watch Gnarly try to be funny and innovative with his contests and failing miserably.

greg sexyvibes
May 7, 2007
IF I EVER FIRST POST AGAIN SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO ME
drat you gnarlyhotep!

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp

Tony Homo posted:

It's funny to watch Gnarly try to be funny and innovative with his contests and failing miserably.

I'm really getting into it

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

greg sexyvibes posted:

drat you gnarlyhotep!

nothing personal bro

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I like the contest.

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp

a hole-y ghost posted:

I like the contest.

Me too

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
slaw dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Looks like we're done here, stay tuned for this week's winners on Sunday night!

• Locked thread