Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

seiferguy posted:

lol I remember how everyone thought the Irvin pick was batshit. To his credit, he's been a pretty good player, maybe not 1st round quality, but overall I've enjoyed him as a player.

So proud to be a part of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Irvin is a fine player

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

This thread has been dead since the end of March but the draft is coming up in two weeks and I was thinking back about how bad some of Jacksonville's drafts were, so when I was bored I decided to give myself more brain damage by looking up the Jaguars 2012 draft.
code:
Rd	Pick	Ovr	Name			Pos		School		My Grade	Reasoning
1	5	5	Justin Blackmon		Wide Receiver	Oklahoma State	D-	He has been talented when on the field but he has only been on the field for 4 games in the past two years.
2	6	38	Andre Branch		Defensive End	Clemson		D	He is not a starter and has 10 sacks in 3 years.  You do not draft a backup DE with the draft's 38th pick.
3	7	70	Bryan Anger		Punter		California	F-	Gene Harris drafted a punter in the third round and he isnt even that great.
5	7	142	Brandon Marshall	Linebacker	Nevada		D	No longer on the team; backup on Denver
6	6	176	Mike Harris		Cornerback	Florida State	F	No longer on the team; backup on the Giants
7	21	228	Jeris Pendleton		Defensive 	Tackle	Ashland	F	No longer on the team (on Indy), has zero stats
tl;dr gently caress Gene Harris, this draft rivals the Raiders and Browns. We could have drafted Anger in the 5th but nooooo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Apr 15, 2015

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The Bruce Irvin draft gif was mostly people trying to force a new draft reaction.gif. Irvin wasn't the worst pick it's just that nobody knew him when he was picked.

The Weeden gif was a little more sincere. Both gifs made mods pretty much say stop forcing it the next year.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 15, 2015

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I liked when Bruce Irvin got ejected from the Super Bowl for being a bigger child than a literal manchild.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Man I was way too high on Weeden. If it's worth anything Weeden did go up against a bunch of top tier QBs that year and looked like he outplayed all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ I almost forgot about the 2012 draft, then you had to pull some thread necromancy.

• Locked thread