Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

this thing tastes like poo poo and not at all like chocolate, WTF are you selling, LINDT? This sure as gently caress ain't choc!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

F CK

Rad ROM Max
Mar 10, 2011

by XyloJW
here's a life hack: dont chew on it or the tannins come out and give it a bitter taste. you're supposed to let it melt in your mouth slowly without chewing

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

nice. livin that 90% chocolate life.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I once saw a guy around here who paid like $400 for a burger and fries at the airport. he is dead. good luck shitass

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
the other 10% is poop

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
If you eat and enjoy anything under 72% real coco, then you're basically human garbage.

First time I tried a Hershey's chocolate bar I threw it out because I was sure it somehow spoiled or got contaminated. A few years later I tried another and realized they are supposed to taste like puke.

Police Academy III
Nov 4, 2011

dad gay. so what posted:

I once saw a guy around here who paid like $400 for a burger and fries at the airport. he is dead. good luck shitass

i guess if he's dead then he probably didn't mind paying that much for a burger. like if i was going to die in the next 20 minutes and i was stuck in an airport and there was a halfway decent burger to be had for $400 then i'd def blow my money on that since there's probably no hookers at the airport

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Eat it with a bit of candied ginger. It evens out the taste nicely

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Police Academy III posted:

i guess if he's dead then he probably didn't mind paying that much for a burger. like if i was going to die in the next 20 minutes and i was stuck in an airport and there was a halfway decent burger to be had for $400 then i'd def blow my money on that since there's probably no hookers at the airport

It's a really bad burger, but everyone who bought it says it's good because who wants to admit they spent $400 on a lovely burger

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

you might as well mainline baking cocoa at that point op

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am still miffed coconut gets a bad rap.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Did you try putting ketchup on it you loving child?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
that chocolate is made with child slave labor, op. maybe try to appreciate their sacrifice a little more next time you monster

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Noir puissant

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

a hole-y ghost posted:

Noir puissant

Haha this guy called you a French pussy, OP. Whatcha got to say about that?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Blistex posted:

If you eat and enjoy anything under 72% real coco, then you're basically human garbage.

First time I tried a Hershey's chocolate bar I threw it out because I was sure it somehow spoiled or got contaminated. A few years later I tried another and realized they are supposed to taste like puke.

It wasn't just you, it's just your taste hasn't been hosed up since childhood so you actually noticed it:

quote:

The process is a trade secret, but experts speculate that the milk is partially lipolyzed, producing butyric acid, which stabilizes the milk from further fermentation. This compound gives the product a particular sour, "tangy" taste, to which the US public has become accustomed, to the point that other manufacturers often add butyric acid to their milk chocolates.[1]

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP
if you get like little chips of it of pure cocoa and sprinkle it on poo poo (eg berries) its good, but if you try to eat it on its own it tastes like wood. thats just life, amigos

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Most commercial chocolate sold here in North America tastes like granulated sugar mixed with coco powder sintered into a bar-like shape. European chocolate is far more savory for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Maybe you should have bought babby chocolate or have just eaten sugar, I dunno.

Protip for those who like dark chocolate: Cost Plus sells a 99% cacao bar which is pretty awesome.

• Locked thread