Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
How did that work exactly, we should do it properly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I could have sworn it was GBS because I don't post elsewhere.

The rules were you find a really, really obsurely geeky wikipedia page and make a small edit that only someone REALLY loving geeky would clue-in on and see how long it lasted.

For example, and mine lasted over 3 months, I went to the page for "< and >" signs and under "uses" I said it's used to communicate in thought-speak as an Animorphs reference.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Justin Godscock posted:

The rules were you find a really, really obsurely geeky wikipedia page and make a small edit that only someone REALLY loving geeky would clue-in on and see how long it lasted.

For example, and mine lasted over 3 months, I went to the page for "< and >" signs and under "uses" I said it's used to communicate in thought-speak as an Animorphs reference.
that's loving hilarious, I think you really get it now. Do this, OP. be the virgin you were born to be.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
did someone say vandalism. :getin:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
it ended with a goon dying iirc

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

that's how everything ends.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
so many goons left tho

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
My wikipedia vandalism is pushing 8 years now and has been cited in other articles, come at me.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

we got plenty to spare, let's do this

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

My wikipedia vandalism is pushing 8 years now and has been cited in other articles, come at me.
that's nothing, i made an entire fake article and millions of people still believe it

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Stuntman posted:

that's nothing, i made an entire fake article and millions of people still believe it

I laughed thinking this would be the holocaust then I clicked it and wasnt disappointed

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Justin Godscock posted:

Both GBS and FYAD took part in wikigroaning but FYAD was definitely more involved

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

actually it was a wikipedia admin who killed himself over it, cumulus clouds aka cum clouds, I don't think he was ever a goon
http://www.issaquahpress.com/2009/01/05/clayton-taylor-olney/
he was such an aspie that he had the local news and ACLU poo poo all over a local hardware store for hanging a rope hanging from the ceiling to indicate where the rope aisle is because racism.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I used to try to find the most obscure country music pages I possibly could and add into the track listings stuff like "drat I Hate Niggers 4:24" and sometimes that poo poo would last for months.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

HEY VAPER posted:

actually it was a wikipedia admin who killed himself over it, cumulus clouds aka cum clouds, I don't think he was ever a goon
http://www.issaquahpress.com/2009/01/05/clayton-taylor-olney/
he was such an aspie that he had the local news and ACLU poo poo all over a local hardware store for hanging a rope hanging from the ceiling to indicate where the rope aisle is because racism.

this was fyad poster Ty Peppar, fuckin reregs cant keep their SA history straight

e: for fucks sake, barnacle jim is one of the commentors on that news page

Pivotal Lever fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 17, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Pretty sure this is him http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=42894

e: "Fyador Adcock"

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Some say his killer still walks these very forums

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Crash_N_Burn posted:

:stonkhat:

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Crash_N_Burn posted:

anne frank fanfic posted:

I killed him

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Pivotal Lever posted:

this was fyad poster Ty Peppar, fuckin reregs cant keep their SA history straight

e: for fucks sake, barnacle jim is one of the commentors on that news page

Wait so cum clouds was actually Ty Pepar? I thought so too but some goon adamantly said I was wrong the last time it was brought up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Cumulus_Clouds

I actually met him once or twice in Real Life™ and he was an aspie to the highest degree.

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2210

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

fyad was truly ruthless back then

Quirk
Oct 11, 2004

You might surprise yourself.
back in school I was reading about festers quest and it said there was an easter egg that would take you to a playground where uncle fester would just stare at the children. the same hour I found the thread in fyad and had to stifle laughter for five minutes and people wanting to know what was so funny I said it was ebaums world

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
ok, so let's do this then, time to thin the herd.

idk what the rules are though or how to track it. PM me your change I suppose? Then how do we pick a winner, I think we need points for items that

last til some arbitrary date (one month from now?)
get quoted in articles or on legit sites
encourage wiki discussion

anything else?

e: or I could just post the changes whene the contest is over and gbs can vote on the best one

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
idk what this thread is about but I slowly added crap to an article over a year and now when people try to remove my poo poo it gets reverted by bots or admins or other spergs idk

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
How do u even add stuff to wikipedia i thought only nerds wrote stuff on it??

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

roymorrison posted:

You have to murder a sperg and consume his essence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

roymorrison posted:

you click "edit"

its THAT EASY

• Locked thread