Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

yo, i'm p.rift and i'm here to say:
if you like fracking, you are dumb and gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I enjoy passing the costs of my excess onto future generations. fuckem, thats my motto

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Wicker Man posted:

Why is it bad? I thought it was just mixing some sand into water then shooting that water through a hi powered hose or some poo poo.

here i found a 5 year old to draw tihs for you

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
I doubt a 5 year old drew that tbh

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
The part I don't hear anyone talking about, is the fact that with this new tech, the western hemisphere no longer needs the eastern hemisphere for its energy needs.

So the USA should start pulling out of the middle east, and the east in general, saving time money and lives. They should be happy about that over there, since they hate us anyway.

We should gradually cut off all contact, all trade. Again, they hate (inc Europe) USA influence and should be happy about that.

Why is no one pushing this?

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Wicker Man posted:

Why is it bad? I thought it was just mixing some sand into water then shooting that water through a hi powered hose or some poo poo.

it's sand + water + a concoction of chemicals which might* be extremely dangerous. the exact mixture and amount of chemicals isn't known, because they're considered trade secrets

the biggest issue with fracking fluid isn't that it gets injected directly into the water table, because that's not what happens. fracking takes place well below the water table, and a good chunk (not all) is recollected in the process. however, disposing of the recollected fluid basically involves digging a big ditch and dumping it in, which is all sorts of lol

this isn't to say there's no possibility of fluid that's left behind below the water table to somehow cause issues down the line, but the major concern with frack fluid is the disposal of excess

in other words lol fracking is bad

*definitely. they are definitely dangerous hahaha

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
That was obviously drawn by notorious libtard and closet nazi Robert Reich.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
The earth deserves if for being a soft faggy bitch IMO

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

ProperCoochie posted:

The earth deserves if for being a soft faggy bitch IMO

imagine a planet so beta a bunch a 5 foot tall fleshy lamewads could kill it

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
The planet's ecosystem is only temporary, but money is forever.
HTH

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
We store our nuclear waste underground, yet complain when companies somehow got hold of irradiated chemicals to use for fracking stuff that is underground. Why the double standard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't give a frack

• Locked thread