Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

After last year's successful tournament, I'm back this year for the 2014-2015 Gif of the Year thread. This year, however, nominations will be up to you, the people.

Gifs are eligible to be Gif of the Year if they were made between last Wrestlemania and the week before the current Wrestlemania. This does not necessarily mean the subjects of the gif had to occur within that time period. Any wrestling related gifs can be nominated, from WWE to NJPW to the Backyard to a bouncer German suplexing a drunk guy.. They can be awesome spots, funny moments, fond memories or TNA. Sixty-four gifs will enter, but one will be champion of PSP.

Last year's winner achieved heights that may never be reached again, resulting in its own subreddit and a spot on national television: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28vfwz_vince-mcmahon-gif-on-comedy-central_fun

Nominations are open from now until the day of Wrestlemania.

Allow me to kick off the thread by revealing one of this year's non-wrestling wrestling gif entrants:
Antonio Brown's Curb Stomp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Courtesy of Awful Jack. King BW is the greatest backyard wrestler of all time.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

So that's where Heath Slater's been.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum
Cutting it down to just 6 was pretty hard. Sorry Bob Backlund and Stardust.

There's possibly a better version of this moment somewhere.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Almost forgot this one

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Gonna put in a few Wrestling Isn't Wrestling gifs from imgur.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

Gonna put in a few Wrestling Isn't Wrestling gifs from imgur.

how did you not include the best one

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

IcePhoenix posted:

Can't nominate everything, I must have forgot it.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

i nominate this. the only way it could be improved is if someone made a webm of it and when the illuminati symbol shows up the ascension's music starts (hint hint)

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Okada from the Japanese version of the music video for Happy:

Shinsuke from some ad:

Sadly Rainmaker's robot dinosaur & giant sword entrance doesn't qualify since it's from February

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
To go with Okada, here's Nakamura in the Happy video

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
My nominations:

Gotta include the end of the Streak.

More later maybe!

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 19, 2015

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lesnar doing the Undertaker sit up was one of the most powerful and frightening things I saw last year

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

solid gif encapsulating a major moment from 2014 but imo the reversed one where brock is celebrating and then decides to take a nap is better

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Is brock wearing MMA shorts with faux sponsors on it? That's a good look and smart. Makes him look scary and serious and like an outsider.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Is brock wearing MMA shorts with faux sponsors on it? That's a good look and smart. Makes him look scary and serious and like an outsider.

he actually has a jimmy johnny sponsorship

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He actually still has his Jimmy Johns sponsorship

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
That's cool...

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

IcePhoenix posted:

This is bugging the hell out of me -- I see CM Punk, but who is the other person that Girl Cena is fighting off? Edge?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Sheamus

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Benne posted:

This is bugging the hell out of me -- I see CM Punk, but who is the other person that Girl Cena is fighting off? Edge?

Sheamus

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Welp, shows you how much I was watching at that time :v:

They missed a big opportunity with no Girl Edge spearing herself into tables while Girl Cena shrugged and laughed.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Man I wish I had not poo poo Internet so I could actually view these threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

oatgan posted:

solid gif encapsulating a major moment from 2014 but imo the reversed one where brock is celebrating and then decides to take a nap is better

Nominating this.

And this.

Also this.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 25, 2015

• Locked thread