Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Finding the actual news in the hundreds of fluff articles on Kotaku or Polygon is kind of daunting. If there was a game news site only about actually interesting news on upcoming games, it could update only once a month and be a magazine. Ah the good ol' days.

Where do you get your game news? Just looking to know about games coming out, games announced, big updates on upcoming games, screenshots, etc. If they have less unrelated random articles that's cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Most sites have one or two staff members who churn out click-bait nonsense so sadly you kinda have to remember who they are and avoid/block those articles.

Eurogamer has been like a rock over the years. I get most of my news there. Check them out!

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Don't go to Gamespot all they have are lovely click bait articles. Giant Bomb just has links to their horrible podcasts and terrible videos. I don't know what the gently caress a Kotaku is. IGN is a pile of garbage. I don't know where to get news, check twitter or whatever.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Blue's News.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
giantbomb and gamespot op

Lukavi
Aug 23, 2006
Place your bets now
I enjoyed joystiq quite a bit for whipping through to see what was going on recently. To bad they got shut down by AOL/parent company. I think they got bought and moved but haven't checked them out since so no idea about quality.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Lukavi posted:

I enjoyed joystiq quite a bit for whipping through to see what was going on recently. To bad they got shut down by AOL/parent company. I think they got bought and moved but haven't checked them out since so no idea about quality.
That used to be my go-to site too.

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Blue's been doing gaming news without a bunch of nonsense for twenty years. Maybe all the whippersnappers are too young to know about the site.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

/v/

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Neogaf. A lot of it is total garbage but you can't really top thousands of attention-desperate idiots scouring every news site looking for content and megathreads are all shoved into a sub-forum, so the main section has a huge amount of headlines. The fluff is relentless but since it can't expand past a thread title it's really easy to skim.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I used to look at VG24/7 for that. It was purely news and no reviews or editorial or whatever from what I saw, and they had staff around the world so they really did update at all times of the day.

Glancing at it now, it looks like there's a bit more non-news stuff and it got more social networky and lame, but it still seems mostly the same.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Zachack posted:

Neogaf. A lot of it is total garbage but you can't really top thousands of attention-desperate idiots scouring every news site looking for content and megathreads are all shoved into a sub-forum, so the main section has a huge amount of headlines. The fluff is relentless but since it can't expand past a thread title it's really easy to skim.

You can also skip having to skim through the fluff with http://www.twitter.com/neogafnewthread

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Bouquet posted:

Blue's been doing gaming news without a bunch of nonsense for twenty years. Maybe all the whippersnappers are too young to know about the site.

I didn't think this even still existed.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Seconding Neogaf. The threads themselves devolve into gif posts and memes, but the threads link you to articles. It's a nice centralized location for the latest news. There's lots of industry folks that post there too. I know Kotaku is mostly trash, but don't they have a "Kotaku Core" which leaves out a lot of the fluff?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah just check the front page of Neogaf. Click the ones that interest you and they'll always link an article or put the screenshots etc in the OP. Just do yourself a favour and don't read past the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
daily byte on youtube

• Locked thread