Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Read
Dec 21, 2010

Maybe he's not just cured, but inoculated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Also most of the other zombies probably hate him for turning them/making them pay for brains. They'd just eat him instead.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Read posted:

Maybe he's not just cured, but inoculated.

Exactly, we have no idea how any of this works. They don't get into the technobabble to heavily, because a zombie infection is nonsense and everyone knows it. Liv is a doctor who presumably does understand how the cure is supposed to work, and she wouldn't have wasted it on Blaine if she thought he'd be able to re-zombify.

Of course she began human trials after the cure had been tested on exactly two (2) rats, and 50% of them died, so lol. They have no idea what the side effects will be, other than a risk of sudden death. More fun in store for Major.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Angela Christine posted:

Exactly, we have no idea how any of this works. They don't get into the technobabble to heavily, because a zombie infection is nonsense and everyone knows it. Liv is a doctor who presumably does understand how the cure is supposed to work, and she wouldn't have wasted it on Blaine if she thought he'd be able to re-zombify.

Of course she began human trials after the cure had been tested on exactly two (2) rats, and 50% of them died, so lol. They have no idea what the side effects will be, other than a risk of sudden death. More fun in store for Major.

Also she only used half a dose on each of them. She didn't actually know if that would work, or any future consequences.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Oasx posted:

Also she only used half a dose on each of them. She didn't actually know if that would work, or any future consequences.

Ravi said it was maybe enough for two doses.

As for Blaine getting reinfected, that doesn't make sense. He'd been going along willingly with the attempts to find a cure and seemed genuinely interested in it. I could see him wanting to be human but still dealing in brains, though.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Blaine really seemed to be enjoying eating whatever that was while he was getting patched back up. I doubt he really wants to be a zombie again.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Polaron posted:

Blaine really seemed to be enjoying eating whatever that was while he was getting patched back up. I doubt he really wants to be a zombie again.
He may want to be able to create more zombies to enlarge his client base, or he might want to have a cure that he can sell to his zombie horde for an astronomical price (pun intended).

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Polaron posted:

Pretty sure that was a Hostess Fruit Pie, which everyone knows villians find IRRESISTIBLE!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Wa11y posted:

Pretty sure that was a Hostess Fruit Pie, which everyone knows villians find IRRESISTIBLE!

Seeing as this is based on a comic, that would be absolutely perfect.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Thomas has said that a large part of season 2 will be exploring Blaine and Major's side effects to the "Cure."

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Narcissus1916 posted:

Thomas has said that a large part of season 2 will be exploring Blaine and Major's side effects to the "Cure."
They are going to become superzombies who eat other zombies.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I have the sinking feeling that one of the side effects of the cure will be angst.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Forgall posted:

They are going to become superzombies who eat other zombies.

Turns them into vampires. On the plus side blood is easier to get than brains. On the downside . . . sooooo much angst and the constant threat of being mobbed by teenage girls if your secret ever gets out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Irish Joe posted:

I have the sinking feeling that one of the side effects of the cure will be angst.

Personally I'm hoping for an uncontrollable need to dance.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Angela Christine posted:

Turns them into vampires. On the plus side blood is easier to get than brains. On the downside . . . sooooo much angst and the constant threat of being mobbed by teenage girls if your secret ever gets out.
I smell a crossover!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rhyno posted:

I ain't watching no show about kiddie fiddlers. :colbert:

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Rhyno posted:

I would be down for a show about a plucky male revue vs a zombie apocalypse. I don't think this is going to be that show, though, alas.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Seriously, the cure for zombism should have some incredibly off the wall side effect, it's a show about zombies for gently caress's sake.

Major, how do you feel???

I'm addicted to deep fried carrots Liv!

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
He's alive and does not need brains, but does feel an overpowering urge to lurch after people, moaning.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Officially announced to return Tuesday, October 6 at 9 PM.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

Major already whines a lot, so it wouldn't be a noticeable side effect for him.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Season two promo : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1hACoKIXT4
The trend of Veronica Mars cameos continues, but we still need to see Kristen Bell and Jason Dohring.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I finally read the entire comic book series, thanks to my public library ordering all four trade paperbacks. I had only read the first one, years ago, and didn't like it much, despite Mike Allred's gorgeous art. I have to say it improved, but the show is still much better.

The comic dealt with zombies (the Liv Moore character is named Gwen Dylan), vampires, ghosts, were-creatures, an Egyptian mummy, a "Bride of Frankenstein" sort of creature, an ancient order of monster hunters, a team of government agent monsters led by a zombie cyborg lady, an alien who possesses people, and an invasion by a Lovecraftian Cthulhu stand-in.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

They've said that the show is going to deal with none of that and is going to remain zombies-only, so that's gotta be a step up right there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Honestly the comics was pretty bad. When the show was announced I wasn't very excited.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

OH MY GOD YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/05/izombie-robert-knepper-blaine-father-season-2

Blaine's dad is totally T-bag.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I'm just cheering for Peyton and Ravi this season.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is Peyton coming back? I forget what happened with her actress that caused the abrupt disappearance from the show.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

raditts posted:

Is Peyton coming back? I forget what happened with her actress that caused the abrupt disappearance from the show.

She had a pilot. But it didn't get picked up, so she'll have a big role in Season 2.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The new season starts tomorrow/tonight, it was just announced that the network has ordered scripts for five more episode, so that is some good news.
Anyone up for making a new thread?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Fun videos! The cast of iZombie making short videos to pay homage to... well, you should watch them all in this article, they're amazing and each 15 seconds long.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10...418bd683f000008

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Oasx posted:

The new season starts tomorrow/tonight, it was just announced that the network has ordered scripts for five more episode, so that is some good news.
Anyone up for making a new thread?

Yeah I can put something together. I'll post a link when I'm done.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I'm certainly not doing it, but I'll close this one when you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

The deed is done.

Lemme know if the OP lacks something.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745497

• Locked thread