Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

literally hieroglyphs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i'll take anal bum cover for 7000

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I'm 24 and nobody I know my age reads cursive well, it's already dead because it's stupid

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Pencil.

Marks on lumber and drywall real good.

Feels strangely good to chew on.

Sinks into cork-board office ceilings with astonishing effectiveness if your underhand toss is practiced enough.

Bounces off eraser end satisfyingly up to 15,000 times in a single depressed afternoon.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Cursive is easy to read but I'd say like half of my cursive alphabet is just the print letter with a squiggly line attached to it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
is there still a 1000 page fountain pen thread in a/t? voted gayest thread on forums

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

RideTheSpiral posted:

is there still a 1000 page fountain pen thread in a/t? voted gayest thread on forums

lmbo

recoverytrouble
Jan 28, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

If you have kids, does it freak you out that they won't be able to read cursive at conversational speeds?
Because it seems like that's kinda a big deal.

I mean, in terms of understanding the language it isn't, but like you take them to a museum and they can't read Lincoln's handwriting as 'english', that seems like a general loss.

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I'm 24 and nobody I know my age reads cursive well, it's already dead because it's stupid

lol ancient Rome had higher literacy rates then most of the deep south.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Pencil owns.
When is out you can use a knife to make it sharper again.
Tough my teacher when i was in high school didn't appreciated it.

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Cursive is really useful if you need to write a lot, like taking notes etc.
It's much faster once you know it

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
its always funny to americans write because they are grown adults but they write like literal idiot babies

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

cursive is dumb because it takes effort to decipher other people's handwriting

your dumb rear end ideas are poorly written enough without adding that into the mix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

RattiRatto posted:

Cursive is really useful if you need to write a lot, like taking notes etc.
It's much faster once you know it

Yeah, I like how people are really proud of being able to swype 40 words a minute when with shorthand and cursive you can seriously take down the equivalent of 200-300 wpms. AND they're the words you intended to write, not the ones an algorithm mis-guesses for you.

I once got three business emails in a row that kept auto-correcting some word (I still don't know what) as "Inuit". Then the guy would correct it, "haha stupid autocorrect I meant inuit not inuit". In the end I could only assume he wanted the report to be decidedly un- native arctic peoples.

• Locked thread