Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I started a fake dating profile about a year ago, just to see what it's like to be someone people don't find repulsive. I made up a decent, attractive guy. As soon as the messages started rolling in, I got really depressed and stopped using the account for a few months. It was just too eye-opening, seeing what other people experience.

I did eventually get back on the account and saw a recent message from a cute girl who never would've given me a second glance in real life. She was easy to talk to, has had issues with anxiety and depression in the past, and seemed like she liked me as well.
We started texting soon after and she sent me a few pics but I haven't sent anything back for obvious reasons. I just tell her my phone camera is busted. It's been about five months now. We tried a phone call once but I chickened out and said my reception where I live is really bad. But we text every day, and it's the only thing I look forward to all day.

I know it can't last. I can't hide forever, but our relationship is the highlight of my miserable life. Just knowing some other human out there thinks about me and cares (even if it's not my face she sees) has changed how I feel about my existence. I know I'm a poo poo person for lying to her like this. I know I don't deserve to be with her. I know that I'll probably kill myself when I do lose her because I won't have any reason left to be here. But for now I just want my fantasy.

http://np.reddit.com/r/ForeverAlone/comments/2zrvqv/im_catfishing_someone_and_lifes_never_been_better/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
And that is why online dating is for suckers

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

This is why I just laugh whenever I hear people giving the whole "You're FA because of your horrible personalities!" spiel. I know for a fact women wouldn't have a single problem with my personality if I was hot.

The new face and body are pretty much 100% why those women messaged me. Granted, I do lie a lot to her about what I do, my interests, etc. Obviously I'm not going to say I game, fap, and reddit all day. I just make poo poo up to sound more interesting and no one really questions it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

This is why I just laugh whenever I hear people giving the whole "You're FA because of your horrible personalities!" spiel. I know for a fact women wouldn't have a single problem with my personality if I was hot.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Sorry for my english but i really want to share a story it's about a friend (girl) who met a guy at internet, they shared a lot of their time texting/playing/skype call and thing like that, and he send her photos of a really cute boy, after a 1-2 years they met (she went to his city) and she realise that the cute boy wasnt no true (i'm not sure about all detail), but at the end she forgave him and they start to live together.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

TEAYCHES posted:

Frog Act posted:

The new face and body are pretty much 100% why those women messaged me. Granted, I do lie a lot to her about what I do, my interests, etc. Obviously I'm not going to say I game, fap, and reddit all day. I just make poo poo up to sound more interesting and no one really questions it.

No personality plays into it. If he were straight-up honest with everything but how he looks, they'd stop replying after the first couple messages.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

did anyone watch talhotblond

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Feminition posted:

did anyone watch talhotblond

Did anyone watch you performing as a cute bear at your kindergarten play? No, because your parents hate you and the other parents thought you were such a human being child that they didn't even bother showing up. All the other kids cried that night because their parents didn't show up, you're lucky they were too young and stupid to realize it was your bitch rear end that caused them such misery.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

How hard is it to do this? Should I start?

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

JebanyPedal posted:

Did anyone watch you performing as a cute bear at your kindergarten play? No, because your parents hate you and the other parents thought you were such a human being child that they didn't even bother showing up. All the other kids cried that night because their parents didn't show up, you're lucky they were too young and stupid to realize it was your bitch rear end that caused them such misery.

no but i played one of the toy soldiers in the nutcracker and my rear end got shot and another little girl dragged my lifeless corpse offstage

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
I told the pizza delivery guy I was a hot girl but he just stared at me for a second and then walked away

catfishing is hard

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Inevitable posted:

I told the pizza delivery guy I was a hot girl but he just stared at me for a second and then walked away

catfishing is hard

Did you have to pay for the pizza

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

yeah :(

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

i bet he offered to blow the pizza guy and then he had to pay double

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
The last episode of catfish the guy ended up being exactly who he said he was he was just shy

Riveting stuff

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

shiksa posted:

Sorry for my english but i really want to share a story it's about a friend (girl) who met a guy at internet, they shared a lot of their time texting/playing/skype call and thing like that, and he send her photos of a really cute boy, after a 1-2 years they met (she went to his city) and she realise that the cute boy wasnt no true (i'm not sure about all detail), but at the end she forgave him and they start to live together.

this happened to me except when i went to meet them it turned into hostel. im dead now

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
op just come clean and say something like "i know i screwed up and youll probably never date me but can we still keep txting each other at least because youre really awesome blah blah"

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I can't believe nobody has made a romantic comedy with this premise. Adam Sandler makes a fake dating profile and a hot chick is interested in him. They meet, but he has to get into hilarious shenanigans so she won't see he's lying, so he pretends he was burned and wears toilet paper over his head because you don't use toilet paper for burns LOL.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Isn't that Cyrano De Bergerac except with burns

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
You don't have to be hot to get a date just not the bottom of the barrel, but I'm guessing that guy/girl weighs as much as 5 normal people, smells awful, and has no self esteem, and they clearly have some huge emotional/mental issues, and their day consists of masturbation, video games, and reddit... the only thing worse than that would to be a goon.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
The funny thing is there is like an 80% chance her pictures are a year or two old any she has put on 100(s) pounds since. There is also like a 10% chance it is a dude doing the same thing as you but using a girl profile. Really who would text for months without meeting but a fake.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What pictures did he use for the fake profile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

a buddy catfished someone with my pictures and then confessed everything to me and so i had to go out and have sex with the person because bros before hos

• Locked thread