Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
how can you give chrysler a fair shake unless you own the 200, you can't tell me it's a bad car until you own one and have driven it long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Wild EEPROM posted:

how can you give chrysler a fair shake unless you own the 200, you can't tell me it's a bad car until you own one and have driven it long term.

your trip in purgatory is going to be driving a chrysler 200

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

MrChips posted:

Any company that makes something as irredeemably terrible as the:

• PT Cruiser
  • Sebring/Avenger
  • Jeep Commander
  • Jeep Compass
  • Jeep Liberty
  • Dodge Caliber
  • Dodge Nitro
  • Plymouth Prowler

Deserves to be shamed mercilessly. Even for the rest of their products, the best that can be said for them is, "well, at least they're not the worst in their class!"

This is from the first page but what don't you like about the Commander? It was just a slightly longer Grand Cherokee, otherwise mechanically identical? Yet the GC isn't on your list. :confused:

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

Wild EEPROM posted:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Just a reminder that year to date Chrysler 200 is the 5th ranked midsized car after Camry, Altima, Accord and Fusion, outselling Mazda6, Passat, Legacy, Sonata, Optima and Malibu (impressive given GM's much larger dealer network). In Canada it is 3rd behind Camry, Sonata and Fusion.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Cornholio, I know the charger sounds nice and all, but the visibility will become a problem long term. The acceleration is pretty neat when it's new, but it only does it in a straight line and that gets old quick. It handles like a barge and drinks gas at a heavy rate. I think I managed 17 combined mpg when I had mine. Also it's impossible to know where the corners of the thing are because you can't see poo poo. It also had a nasty habit of scraping on even slightly crowned roads and entryways. It's a gangster looking car, but honestly I don't get the whole american muscle thing. I wish that engine was in something less fat. I guess what I'm trying to say is that engine in something the size and weight of a corvette would be a better use of everyone's time.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Phone posted:

HEY MAN, YOU'RE NOT GIVING CHRYSLER A FAIR SHAKE. YOU'RE JUST ONE OF THOSE PARROTS PARROTING PARROT THINGS, DUDE.

No, you're right.

You know what, in all fairness, my dad has an early 90's dodge caravan he's between using as a work truck for over twenty years now.

By which I mean it's basically covered tool storage in the driveway because it hardly ever moves due to poo poo constantly breaking. It's not even 70k on the odometer because everything from the fuel pump, to the steering, to the transmission, has cut out in the middle of driving at one point or another. One time he even tried to take it to the junkyard, but it didn't even make it out of the driveway before it stalled out from the fuel pump giving up the ghost.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Throatwarbler posted:

This is from the first page but what don't you like about the Commander? It was just a slightly longer Grand Cherokee, otherwise mechanically identical? Yet the GC isn't on your list. :confused:

The commander just didn't sell that well. To bad, because it actually was a good looking SUV, being big and boxy, almost like an evolution of the XJ.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

BrokenKnucklez posted:

The commander just didn't sell that well. To bad, because it actually was a good looking SUV, being big and boxy, almost like an evolution of the XJ.

Always looked too tall and ready to rollover to me, kind of like an old Disco

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I thought about a v8 chrysler but this thread has got me looking at gray market cop caprices, new ones. Like a chevy ss or G8, but cheap and column shifter so I have room for more drink holders.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wild EEPROM posted:

Its a bad car.

Throatwarbler posted:

Just a reminder that year to date Chrysler 200 is the 5th ranked midsized car after Camry, Altima, Accord and Fusion, outselling Mazda6, Passat, Legacy, Sonata, Optima and Malibu (impressive given GM's much larger dealer network). In Canada it is 3rd behind Camry, Sonata and Fusion.

People buy poo poo all the time.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

It really just was an upsized XJ, but the problem was they tried too hard to make it a Land Rover, including an interior that would make me want to avoid dirt for the rest of my life.
They wanted to make a new XJ, but the problem was they wanted it to be luxurious too and forgot the utilitarian feel that made the XJ what it was.
You could argue that the Dodge Nitro was an attempt to follow up the XJ as well, albeit a poor attempt at that.

Taco Box posted:

Cornholio, I know the charger sounds nice and all, but the visibility will become a problem long term. The acceleration is pretty neat when it's new, but it only does it in a straight line and that gets old quick. It handles like a barge and drinks gas at a heavy rate. I think I managed 17 combined mpg when I had mine. Also it's impossible to know where the corners of the thing are because you can't see poo poo. It also had a nasty habit of scraping on even slightly crowned roads and entryways. It's a gangster looking car, but honestly I don't get the whole american muscle thing. I wish that engine was in something less fat. I guess what I'm trying to say is that engine in something the size and weight of a corvette would be a better use of everyone's time.

"I WANT TO GO FAST IN A STRAIGHT LINE, gently caress THE CORNERING!" *Proceeds to slam into a tree*

The people who want the Charger are the guys who show up at the drag strip all the time to run off against Corvettes and Mustangs.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Mar 30, 2015

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

blk posted:

Always looked too tall and ready to rollover to me, kind of like an old Disco

CommieGIR posted:

It really just was an upsized XJ, but the problem was they tried too hard to make it a Land Rover, including an interior that would make me want to avoid dirt for the rest of my life.
They wanted to make a new XJ, but the problem was they wanted it to be luxurious too and forgot the utilitarian feel that made the XJ what it was.
You could argue that the Dodge Nitro was an attempt to follow up the XJ as well, albeit a poor attempt at that.

The Nitro was loving awful. Yeah the interior was pretty fancy, and I think they were trying for the upscale market, but this was also birthed at a time when luxury large SUVs were in vogue, so I get what they were trying to do.

But the interior on a LR3 is still by far much better in terms of fit and finish.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Taco Box posted:

Cornholio, I know the chargerchallenger sounds nice and all, but the visibility will become a problem long term. The acceleration is pretty neat when it's new, but it only does it in a straight line and that gets old quick. It handles like a barge and drinks gas at a heavy rate. I think I managed 17 combined mpg when I had mine. Also it's impossible to know where the corners of the thing are because you can't see poo poo. It also had a nasty habit of scraping on even slightly crowned roads and entryways. It's a gangster looking car, but honestly I don't get the whole american muscle thing. I wish that engine was in something less fat. I guess what I'm trying to say is that engine in something the size and weight of a corvette would be a better use of everyone's time.

I like the size though, I looked at a Mustang over the weekend and it won't work unless I saw the legs off of my kids.

Fuel economy appears to be on par with my 540, and handling felt fine.

I'm looking more for a GT car than a sports car, and it felt great for a GT car. Everything else is either considerably more expensive or more useless.

I mean, if you admit you don't "get" the American muscle thing, of course you're not gonna like it. Though it really isn't that different than a budget version of an M5 or E65 AMG, just less power and less money. Those are fat cars with a lot of horsepower as well.

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Mar 30, 2015

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I test drove a couple of magnums way back when, one was a srt-8. Huge ungainly car with terrible sight lines. Go like hell though.

I will say the Dodge Ram 5500 is a much better truck than the F-550 or whatever the equivalent Chevy was, I forget. That thing rode like a covered wagon, worst ever. Guess that's why they quit making it, at least for uplift conversions anyway.

The Dodge/Cummins is suh-weet as a work truck.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

angryrobots posted:

This. The only truck I'd buy is one with a Cummins in it, its really Dodge's only saving grace right now, until the Nissan/Toyota Cummins trucks come out.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

angryrobots posted:

I test drove a couple of magnums way back when, one was a srt-8. Huge ungainly car with terrible sight lines. Go like hell though.

I will say the Dodge Ram 5500 is a much better truck than the F-550 or whatever the equivalent Chevy was, I forget. That thing rode like a covered wagon, worst ever. Guess that's why they quit making it, at least for uplift conversions anyway.

The only thing chevrolet made in that area was the 4500/5500/6500 series medium duty trucks. Which they quit making, even though you still see tons of them out running around.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

Better sales = better car

It's cool guys, the 200 is actually a good car! We're all dumb apparently.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

leica posted:

That just further proves that Texas is the best state since we all drive F-150s :colbert:

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

CornHolio posted:

Though it really isn't that different than a budget version of an M5 or E65 AMG, just less power and less money. Those are fat cars with a lot of horsepower as well.

:what:

Wild EEPROM posted:

how can you give chrysler a fair shake unless you bone the 200, you can't tell me it's a bad car until you bone one and have dated it long term.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 30, 2015

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

blugu64 posted:

That just further proves that Texas is the best state since we all drive F-150s :colbert:

what other state gets its own editions of trucks!

:smithicide:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

go3 posted:

Nevada? I think I remember seeing some gm truck with big "Nevada" badges on it.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

go3 posted:

:suicide:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I'll take two please.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

CommieGIR posted:

Like I said, no offense ;)

Honestly the spoiler isn't bad looking, but having had three different 1500 Rams in my life, I have a horrible taste in my mouth from that vehicle. Every time I see one, I get kinda a sick feeling. I still have a 1999 Dodge 1500 that is strictly for engine/transmission pulls, and its a dog.

lol none taken

the spoiler makes a bit more sense when you measure from the bottom of the stripe to the top of the spoiler and realize it's the same length as the Charger Daytona's wing

CommieGIR posted:

The people who want the Charger are the guys who show up at the drag strip all the time to run off against Corvettes and Mustangs.

they're really great for long stretches of interstate, too, but there's not much of that in the US so kinda pointless IMO

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 30, 2015

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

leica posted:

It's cool guys, the 200 is actually a good car! We're all dumb apparently.

Not understanding that other car buyers may have different priorities than you do is pretty dumb, does that describe you?

It's somewhat amusing that otherwise smart people here constantly rage about cars being worst thing in the world because they aren't Miatas or Corvettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

• Locked thread