Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justinen
Mar 17, 2009
I was at an estate sale the other day and I purchased this interesting unopened edition of monopoly. It is called Banffopoly and it is based on Banff park and surrounding business. I can't seem to find any info about it so far; google search results were lacking and there was nothing on eBay. Is it safe for me to open up and play something like this or should I try and find it a home with a collector?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Justinen posted:

I was at an estate sale the other day and I purchased this interesting unopened edition of monopoly. It is called Banffopoly and it is based on Banff park and surrounding business. I can't seem to find any info about it so far; google search results were lacking and there was nothing on eBay. Is it safe for me to open up and play something like this or should I try and find it a home with a collector?

It's never safe to play Monopoly, and it's probably a custom print job because that guy loved the world's third national park so much. So, anyways, I would see if Banff has a museum that would accept it and get it off the streets.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.
It was apparently made by a company called Custom Games & Packaging Ltd in conjunction with a few other Canada-themed Monopoly versions. Partial picture of it here.

There are only two listings for it online. One in an estate sale (your copy, I would assume) for 5 bucks and one from a Arizona classified listing asking for 55 and advertising it as "RARE SEALED CANADA JAPAN". Given that there's almost nothing else online about it, unless you can scam some sucker into paying you a lot for it, you're probably safe opening it and then immediately discarding it, because seriously, don't play Monopoly.

Tulul fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 22, 2015

Dec 26, 2012

It's extremely unsafe to open. You will likely die. Good luck.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

It's extremely unsafe to open. You will likely die. Good luck.
You'll die in seven days, which means you wouldn't even have time to finish a game of Monopoly.

• Locked thread