Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser
The quality is bad in this episode too.
I think there might be just something wrong with your set up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Calax posted:

Both one and two went there. But only with Tokugawa characters and Yukimura (and Kunoichi)... and Mushashi Miyamoto for some reason.

I don't know about the third game, but Samurai Warriors 4 has its two "Final" campaigns conclude with the Osaka campaign.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

TCat posted:

The quality is bad in this episode too.
I think there might be just something wrong with your set up.

Yeah, I kind of noticed as well. It might just be the raw video files though, so I'll try to make sure future ones would be better before I start recording.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

ShichiNoBushi posted:

Yeah, I kind of noticed as well. It might just be the raw video files though, so I'll try to make sure future ones would be better before I start recording.

Honestly considering the twitch chat you guys are having it...kind of looks like you ripped the video off of twitch or something because that's about how poo poo looks to me whenever I look at streams and want it to not run like complete garbage.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

TCat posted:

Honestly considering the twitch chat you guys are having it...kind of looks like you ripped the video off of twitch or something because that's about how poo poo looks to me whenever I look at streams and want it to not run like complete garbage.

Actually, the software I was using was specifically for the elgato game capture HD device I am using and was at the same time streaming and recording and had a built-in function to stream to Twitch. I'm not sure if the reduced quality was because I was simultaneously streaming and recording or if I just was recording with settings since it was on a different machine.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Episode 11: Mitsunari Red 3

Let's Play Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes. Hideaki got a request to join Ieyasu, and Mitsunari wants to kindly propose a different option.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Mehuyael posted:

Do you get to punch a bear at some point?

Just going back to the bear chat. If this was Basara 2 Heroes and you played as a particular character, one of their special attacks would summon a bear. Punching that was a big mistake because it was both invincible and ridiculously strong (max level would do a third of a boss' health, including guys like Tadakatsu and Yoshihiro). Also, when combined with the hawk special which would push enemies back, they were almost broken. Oh, and you could summon them at any time with no penalties or life drain or anything.

I know they're not playable in 3. They were in Utage, but I never played enough to see if they still have it.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Episode 12: Mitsunari Red 4

For some reason, Motochika wants to join us, so we'll have to work our way through his trap-filled pirate fortress.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I love this stupid game so much. :allears:

I've still got a ways to go on 100%ing everything, but it's always a blast whenever I come back to it.

Also, does anyone know who's in charge of character design for the series? I really like how distinctive everyone is. I'd be willing to bet you could recognize any character by their silhouette alone.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Apr 21, 2015

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

I love this stupid game so much. :allears:

I've still got a ways to go on 100%ing everything, but it's always a blast whenever I come back to it.

Also, does anyone know who's in charge of character design for the series? I really like how distinctive everyone is. I'd be willing to bet you could recognize any character by their silhouette alone.

The only information I can find is from the Sengoku Basara 4 entry on the fanwiki.
In the 4th game it's apparently done by the lead designer from the animes: Tooru Ookubo, but it used to be done by Makoto Tsuchibayashi...I THINK.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Episode 13: Mitsunari Red 5

Mitsunari goes after The Oracle Tsuruhime and her legion of Barrel Alchemists.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I can't stand Mitsunari, I'll be glad when he is dead again

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Episode 14: Mitsunari Red 6

Motonari wants to offer his services, but Mitsunari wants to make sure who's in charge. Also, we see a first in our playthrough.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Episode 15: Mitsunari Red 7

While launching an attack on Sorin Otomo, Mitsunari has to evade his vassal Muneshige who hounds his steps the whole way.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Mehuyael posted:

Do you get to punch a bear at some point?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

That doesn't count unless the Punisher does it in this particular game.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

Mehuyael posted:

That doesn't count unless the Punisher does it in this particular game.

Mitsunari is like the Punisher.
Only really lovely and with a dumb motivation that everyone questions.
...So more like Aiden Pierce from Watch_Dogs actually.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

TCat posted:

Mitsunari is like the Punisher.
Only really lovely and with a dumb motivation that everyone questions.
...So more like Aiden Pierce from Watch_Dogs actually.

He would be if the game was trying to identify him as a hero. The Punisher is a little better as an analogy except he's more angry-emo and uses a sword rather than a gun that shoots swords.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Episode 16: Mitsunari Red 8

After much planning and building his army, Mitsunari finally has his chance for revenge against Ieyasu. But he has to fight his way through others he has enticed over to his side first.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
All I can say about Mitsunari is that I always thought his face looked way too narrow.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, Mitsunari's whole arc just seems so empty. Going to places largely populated by weirdos and getting pretty much nobody on his side without serious misgivings. And he doesn't even want what he gets at the end of it all.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

Glazius posted:

Man, Mitsunari's whole arc just seems so empty. Going to places largely populated by weirdos and getting pretty much nobody on his side without serious misgivings. And he doesn't even want what he gets at the end of it all.

Yeah Mitsunari acts like he's hot poo poo and doesn't want help even when he knows strategically he needs it.
I mean, his quote for picking up Health and Spirit power ups is "I don't need this".

Like...what the gently caress even is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
Considering how Mitsunari's basically been :emo: incarnate since the beginning of the game I'm not surprised that he fails to find any joy in, well, anything at all. Hell, even if his precious Lord Toyotomi somehow miraculously returned from the dead, I'm sure Mitsunari would still find someway to rage impotently about that.

• Locked thread