Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Which wins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Wins at what? Probably entership in any case imho

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I think the falcon wins

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
gorge lucas made sure the numbers for the millenium falcon were all like a 1000 times bigger than the numbers for the enterprise
he had this discussion before anyone else
lucas is human being

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Millennium Falcon in coolness. :smugdog:

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
both gay as gently caress, op

nonazis
Oct 13, 2014

The ants. They're everywhere, man. Big fuckers.
enterprise is the for rizzle winner. Millenium falcon can eat me.

Sidecrab
Jul 16, 2012

who would you rather be: Captain John Luke Picard or Chewbarka the Wookie?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I have no irl friends aside from my dogs, I think falcon would be less weird and cavernous than the enterprise consequently. On the other hand a holo deck would be really handy for my sexing and socializing needs

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Your mom's rear end in a top hat.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Feds didn't need to use TIE fighters when they could just deploy some drones. Pretty uneven match until the Empire gets a fuckin force field.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Enterprise, it's not even close, and I'm not saying that because I've grown to loathe Star Wars.

The Falcon has more of a cool factor and can outmaneuver the Enterprise in an out-and-out dogfight, but the Enterprise doesn't give a gently caress because it's got a crew of hundreds, massive gently caress-off shields, and torpedos/lasers on any side the Falcon could come at it from and that's before you get into poo poo like using their teleporter technology to beam away crucial parts of the Falcon. Plus in the clutch the Enterprise could call in reinforcements from the Federation or even the Klingons, marking the Falcon as wanted. Hell in a worst-case scenario they could probably use their scanners to create a profile of the Falcon and then beam that all the way out to Borg space with a big neon message that flashes "Assimilate this."

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
speed: Falcon by a long shot unless the galaxy far far away is loving tiny compared to the milky way.

sturdiness: Millennium Falcon, doesn't blow up or need to crash land ever

poshosity: Enterprise. It's got a bar and carpet and poo poo. Also it doesn't look like it was dragged through WWs III through VIII.

technology/technical wowzahs: Enterprise. Its got a warp core and structural something or the other fields, a holodeck and all sorts of other badass poo poo. The Falcon is a flying piece of junk that apparently runs on Han and Chewie swear words and desperation.

actually seeming to have the character of a ship: Falcon.

winner by right of how many faggots you can cram into it: Enterprise.

guess it all depends what u lookin for in a ship~

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Star Wars were always bad movies for children you might as well watch Frozen. On the other Star Trek was always for disenfranchised manbabies with zero understanding for science or drama. Given this, the Millenium Falcon wins as its context is slightly less pathetic.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The Star Treks would just teleport-beam a bomb into Han Solos colon

game over man

game over

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Star Trek has phasters so I think it would win.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Enterprise always wins at everything all it has to is separate the saucer from the ship and it turns into the best spaceship man haven't you even watched the show

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
why dont the star trekkers solve all their problems by beaming poo poo into other poo poo

it seems really overpowered

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Also replicators. It's more of a sin in Voyager and DS9 but still.

edit: because the technology was more developed. Point to point transporting solves a lot more problems than the kind where you have to be near the machine.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
replicator, make me a bomb capable of blowing up all their poo poo

teleporterguy, now beam the bomb into their brains

brb i'm gonna go gently caress one million people in the magical holodeck

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
one million people, at the same time

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
computer, I'm gonna need one million dicks for this

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ln87J4XecU

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

jackyl posted:

Which wins?

janeway wins.

janeway always wins.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
The Falcon is a cooler design than the Enterprise

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Kirk with Sulu Spock Scotty and Data in the Defiant win.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
History has shown the Falcon is easily caught in tractor beams. The Enterprse has a tractor beam. Diana Troy will then bang Han Solo because she likes scruffy scoudrels.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Why not just transport quantum torpedoes? Seems like shields wouldn't matter much...

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Worf would kick Chewbacca's rear end in a fight.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
what if the falcon be piloted by Han from fast and furious???

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Whoever wins... this thread loses

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

Worf would kick Chewbacca's rear end in a fight.

DS9 Worf maybe, TNG Worf would get chumped ASAP to show that this scruffy shitbucket that can go megafast is a real threat.

The Sphinxster posted:

Why not just transport quantum torpedoes? Seems like shields wouldn't matter much...

Yes transporters, replicators, and the holodecks make like 99% of Star Trek really pointless if you actually use them the way real humans would. It's the conceit you have to work around the same way you work around the fact that Star Wars is literally space magic while Star Trek is at least based off of theoretical possibilities.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Trap thread to catch both kinds of pedophile.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Yes transporters, replicators, and the holodecks make like 99% of Star Trek really pointless if you actually use them the way real humans would. It's the conceit you have to work around the same way you work around the fact that Star Wars is literally space magic while Star Trek is at least based off of theoretical possibilities.

Exactly. Suspend disbelief.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I lol when Han is like "I know some sweet moves" and then the Falcon kinda just slightly pivots to the left.

Sick moves, Han.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

redshirt posted:

I lol when Han is like "I know some sweet moves" and then the Falcon kinda just slightly pivots to the left.

Sick moves, Han.

There are a bunch of great Falcon moments. "JUMP TO LIGHTSPEED!" WHEEWWHEEWWHEEWWHEEW WHHEEEEEEEEEEEW! "It's not my fault! It's not MY FAULT!" *bangs on things*.

• Locked thread