Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I am really very glad that McMillan is in instead of the faster, more intelligent, more skilled Kennins because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.

JawKnee posted:

I am really very glad that McMillan is in instead of the faster, more intelligent, more skilled Kennins because

What kind of a name is Ronalds anyways?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

Desjardins is just Torts with wins at this point. His personnel decisions have been beyond baffling at times.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

ThinkTank posted:

Desjardins is just Torts with wins at this point. His personnel decisions have been beyond baffling at times.

How does he react to the opponent's personnel decisions?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Zodijackylite posted:

How does he react to the opponent's personnel decisions?

With team building exercises.

Actually he's nothing like Torts.

God dammit why are we getting Allstar quick tonight?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Every time I see Kennins take a run at someone I'm like 'man, that is the kind of poo poo that a 4th liner would do if he couldn't do anything else' but the kid also has hands, and moves, and eyes. It's so cool to watch him play and apparently no one on the management sees it.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

Every time I see Kennins take a run at someone I'm like 'man, that is the kind of poo poo that a 4th liner would do if he couldn't do anything else' but the kid also has hands, and moves, and eyes. It's so cool to watch him play and apparently no one on the management sees it.

Yeah he and Horvat have Sedin level chemistry and they've even admitted it themselves. You have to figure that Kenins doesn't work in practice or something because from an on ice performance perspective he's been a world class fourth liner this year.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

GAME KILLING PP COMING UP

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
This has been a very effective powerplay. Keep it up boys.

:siren: I'm sorry for mocking you! :siren:

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

:siren: EDLER :siren:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I like how Willie doesn't even bother with a second unit anymore. All Sedins all the time.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Wippersnapper posted:

What kind of a name is Ronalds anyways?

the best name.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Please don't gently caress this up Vancouver.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

:siren: hank!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

:siren: Hank! :siren:

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Mmm, yes, :getin:

:getin:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

phew. you are going to have to see my rear end in a top hat with a microscope if smith is going to post a .940 for the rest of the season

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
I guess I can see the logic in bringing McMillan in tonight. It's his birthday and a game against his old team so certainty one he'd want to play in. He's too lovely to replace anyone but a 4th liner though so if the coach wants to get him in for the sake of being a nice guy who the players all like then kenins is the only choice to sit.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

woop woop 2 more points!

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Hey so Markstrom is perfectly adequate, who'd have thunk it.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Franks Happy Place posted:

Hey so Markstrom is perfectly adequate, who'd have thunk it.

shots were 44 to 25

that was all Nucks offense tonight (strange to watch, after the rest of the season)

Markstrom managed, which doesn't say much against the Yotes.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Yeah good for Markstrom he played well, but the Yotes were basically Mike Smith and a bunch of people trying to lose. It's hard to put a great deal of stock in the winning goaltender's play after such an anemic offensive display against him.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

ThinkTank posted:

Yeah good for Markstrom he played well, but the Yotes were basically Mike Smith and a bunch of people trying to lose. It's hard to put a great deal of stock in the winning goaltender's play after such an anemic offensive display against him.
Counterpoint: Sbieksa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Markstrom honestly kinda looked like crap, but whatever. Win is a win.

• Locked thread