Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Rockopolis posted:

Didn't Sirocco do that?

Yeah,he did. Just kinda hard to think of another means to mindfuck dudes. Infecting them with something like DG Cells,maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Fallout: Jenova :v:

I mean, invading aliens is already canon.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

VolticSurge posted:

Yeah,he did. Just kinda hard to think of another means to mindfuck dudes. Infecting them with something like DG Cells,maybe?

SD Gundam

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I didn't see a mention of Lazyfires new battlefield 4 video. It's worth a look for the usual shenanigans.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

YOTC posted:

I didn't see a mention of Lazyfires new battlefield 4 video. It's worth a look for the usual shenanigans.

I really love making those videos, I'm glad people enjoy them even if they are kind of generic and the same thing each time (shoot helicopter out of the air with a tank, jihad, EOD bot kill, rinse, repeat).

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

SubponticatePoster makes a triumphant return only to have to watch me free slaves for like 15 minutes. The post game in SoM is mostly about orc politics, not any of the sidequests. The way the game treats the side missions suggests they were added at the last minute, the missions are always slaves being punished for doing something wrong, you free five of them or so and the last one gives you a line like "We'll get real weapons next time!" or something. There's really nothing to these missions and after a point there's no reason to do them besides getting fantasy dollars and a higher completion percentage.

Lazyfire fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 15, 2015

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I didn't mind having an excuse to go shank some more orcs, although the sheer number of outcast missions is probably excessive.

On the DLC, unless you're totally sick of the game Bright Lord is pretty good. It switches up the mechanics significantly and has a much better final boss (an extremely low bar, granted) than the base game. I didn't buy the hunt one since reactions to it seemed lukewarm.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 15, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I didn't really mind the final boss, to be honest; mostly because I really figured the whole final sequence from you launching the little counterinvasion counted.
And yeah, Bright Lord is good. They strip the most broken abilities off you - no more pausing with the bow, no more unlimited finishers and you're squishy as hell. It makes fighting a lot more tactical and fun. Plus you get to duel Sauron.
The Hunt DLC is really just abilities that should have been in the original game in the first place. Nothing really interesting there.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 15, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Hey Lazyfire, your titlecard is wrong. This episode is 45.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Not that anyone cares, but with the throwing daggers, they don't kill orcs running away by default, but they gain that ability once you buy the brace of daggers skill.

And this last video has me wondering about which other games have such a satisfying "throw guys off cliffs" mechanic in them. Dark Messiah of Might and Magic is the first one that comes to mind. Bulletstorm has plenty of hazards to kick people into.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Thanks for watching the LP, everyone. It took something like four months to finish this thing and hopefully the quality didn't drop too far over that time, I know I was still having fun with the game until the end even if we ended the series on useless slave freeing missions. If you've been watching the LP through you may recognize my co-commentator on this episode as the guy who I kept avenging through the course of the LP. I was hoping we would get one more vendetta mission to pop up when I recorded this, but the game basically stopped feeding me those a few videos back, which I take as a sign I was supposed to be done by now. At this point I've showed off everything the game has save for the DLC, which I just don't have the heart to do at this point, even if the Bright Lord stuff is supposed to be pretty good.

Generally, I have something planned for my next LP by the time I finish the one I'm running, but it'll probably be a few weeks before I start on the next thing, but I promise that will be a much shorter enterprise.

Edit: Fixed the image...again.

Lazyfire fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 19, 2015

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Thanks Lazyfire, really enjoyed it all the way through!

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
It's been a fun ride, Lazyfire. Thanks!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

A great LP of a very enjoyable game.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Awesome LP, loved it all.

Lazyfire posted:

Generally, I have something planned for my next LP by the time I finish the one I'm running, but it'll probably be a few weeks before I start on the next thing, but I promise that will be a much shorter enterprise.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Thanks, LF.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
And it ends the way we all knew it would: shoulder charging orcs off of cliffs. :allears:

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Awesome LP, loved it all.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood?

Steamworld: Dig

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013
What a wild ride. Apart from the Outcast missions, I loved every part of this LP. I think my favorite was the Jim Jones-ing of all of those branded captains. Just really enjoyable. And the Wolfenstein LP was also great, by the way.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Still playing Catchup, but Lazyfire makes this game look really easy.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

It's been a good watch and saved me a fair bit of money/time on a PS4 and a copy of the game, so thanks!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Lazyfire posted:

Steamworld: Dig

Oooh, that's a good one. Short but sweet.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Speedball posted:

Oooh, that's a good one. Short but sweet.

When I posted it, it was mostly as a joke because of how unlike the other stuff I've done it is. Now I'm starting to think I could do one of those fancy Double Feature Threads so the Old Blood thread isn't over in two weeks.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I've made a huge mistake.

DeusExMachinima posted:

I mean, invading aliens is already canon.

No. It's not. <:mad:>

Edit: oh, that was a bit ago, sorry.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Thanks for putting so much time into the game, Lazyfire. As far as anyone could do this sort of procedurally-generated online-aware game justice, you definitely did it justice and then some. Good luck with your future projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I think it was good to actually SEE what I usually feel when playing these open world games. It's awesome for most of it, but at the end it just becomes this horrible grind fest of WHY. Great job Lazy.

• Locked thread