Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
http://www.davidsuzuki.org/what-you-can-do/queen-of-green/faqs/toxics/are-there-harmful-chemicals-in-discarded-cigarette-butts/

"" posted:

Flicked out of car windows, stomped out on sidewalks and strewn about our parks and beaches — several trillion cigarette butts are littered worldwide each year.

Cigarette butts can leach chemicals such as cadmium, lead and arsenic into our environment within an hour of contact with water.

About 95 per cent of cigarette filters — added in the 1950s — are made of cellulose acetate. It's a plastic that degrades slowly. And the filter is designed to accumulate toxics. A butt may contain up to 60 known human carcinogens, including formaldehyde and chromium.

Cigarette butts have been discovered in the stomachs of sea turtles, birds and dolphins. As well as exposing the animals to hazardous chemicals, they can also cause digestive blockages. When the butts are lodged in an animal's intestinal tract or collect in the stomach, they can cause death. Nicotine has also been shown to be lethal to certain species of fish and other aquatic organisms. A study by scientists at San Diego State University found that a single cigarette butt containing a small amount of unburned tobacco was enough to contaminate a litre of water and kill half the fish swimming in it.

Some estimates indicate that one in three cigarettes end up as litter. I believe it. Each September I and a host of Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup volunteers pick up more than 400,000 cigarette butts. They're one of the top five litter items, next to plastic bags, food wrappers, caps and lids, and cutlery and dishes.
The good news is that many cities are trying to reduce cigarette butt pollution — and reduce fire hazards and improve the health of people — by banning smoking in parks and at beaches. Thanks to the cities of Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and Peterborough for leading the way!

Please make sure you are disposing of your butts properly. if you switch to an e-cig you will eliminate butts from your life entirely! let's clean up the earth together, friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i wish every day of my life that someone would stomp david suzuki's stupid butt out on a sidewalk

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Never drink butt chemicals

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

don't put chemicals in your butt imo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
gas thread ban OP

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
this is the effect butt chemicals can have on your workout

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
did someone say butt chemicals?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

Nooner posted:

gas thread ban OP

reported, enjoy your ban and your new spot on my ignore list.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
i tend to release butt chemicals pretty much constantly when I come into contact with anything

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Claven666 posted:

i tend to release butt chemicals pretty much constantly when I come into contact with anything

that's because youre a squid

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

HEY VAPER posted:

did someone say butt chemicals?

jenkem? i nearly killed em

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

isn't every chemical a butt chemical, when it goes in your butt?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

satanic splash-back posted:

isn't every chemical a butt chemical, when it goes in your butt?

Unless it's a grammar joke.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gnarlyhotep posted:

this is the effect butt chemicals can have on your workout

that looks fun

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?
I came in hear expecting to read about vanilla flavoring.

Mmm Beaver butt juice

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

feel free to discuss Castoreum ITT

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I save the environment by sucking on a robot dick filled with unknown Chinese chemicals and flavor.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
broccoli and eggs make special butt chemicals

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

gnarlyhotep posted:

that's because youre a squid

way to steal my thunder, hoss. the big reveal was supposed to be next season

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Libelous Slander posted:

Please make sure you are disposing of smokers properly.

I think this would go a long way to solving the problem.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Remember when tcc goons were taking that crazy drug

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Eonwe posted:

Remember when tcc goons were taking that crazy drug

LOL that was hilarious!! like that guy who bought a piano hahahaha

remember when that guy baked himself to death in his car? lmo

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

LOL that was hilarious!! like that guy who bought a piano hahahaha

remember when that guy baked himself to death in his car? lmo

I agree that both of these things are hilarious
also the part where the wife of the second one got on his account and asked for advice on committing insurance fraud over it so she could get more money for drugs

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

proof of concept posted:

I agree that both of these things are hilarious
also the part where the wife of the second one got on his account and asked for advice on committing insurance fraud over it so she could get more money for drugs

yea LOL. also remember that other gay goon's husband who died in a movie theatre of constipaton from being addicted to immodium and other butt plugging chemicals?

that loving owned

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

remember when roboshit was bleeding on camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
^^ missed that one, link?

Xaris posted:

yea LOL. also remember that other gay goon's husband who died in a movie theatre of constipaton from being addicted to immodium and other butt plugging chemicals?

that loving owned

wow butt chemicals sound really dangerous
the real lesson is don't cave in to peer pressure

• Locked thread