Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

gnarlyhotep posted:

just say why he should play it for fucks sake don't be all coy like you're looking to date the fucker

Lol because its good, i dunno just pretend i emptyquoted one of the ten people who posted hotline miami i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

EngineerSean posted:

Lol because its good, i dunno just pretend i emptyquoted one of the ten people who posted hotline miami i guess.

I guess I expected more out of you, being an engineer and all

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

gnarlyhotep posted:

I guess I expected more out of you, being an engineer and all

I'm no longer practicing.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ftl is to indie videogames what the walking dead is to television. a narrative about human failure and bad luck that has been done before and better, but still fun

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

quakster posted:

ftl is to indie videogames what the walking dead is to television. a narrative about human failure and bad luck that has been done before and better, but still fun

Wasn't that the one made by a games poster or something? Or like a kickstarter thing?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Pawn 17 posted:

BioShock Infinite are all awesome if you missed any of them.

Bioshock Infinite is utter trash on every level.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

play roguelikes op and revel in the fact that computers are hilariously bad at them.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

serious norman posted:

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

InterFaced posted:

Sometimes you can get just cause 2 on sale for like 3.99. You should get Just Cause 2.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Just Cause 2 owns.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
jst play a good game from this year or last or Russian Roulette I dont know

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Cicero posted:

Pillars of Eternity comes out on Thursday, projector director on it was our very own rope kid: http://eternity.obsidian.net/

very cool thank you rape kid and co i cant wait for pirate this

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Keep it moving, chicken people! These knockoff purses ain't gonna make themselves!
Bioshock 1 if you like shotguns and seawater
Assassins Creed 2 if you like knives and Italy
Prototype 2 if you like The Tick and the t1000
Arkham Asylum and City if you like batman and wailing on dudes
Saw if you like Saw and/or the crystal maze

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Lisa: The Painful RPG

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Grab FTL. It's endlessly replayable, well supported (they released the expansion for free) and it saves the game every single jump, so you can play for 15 minutes and step out, no problem.

Plus they put in a ton of new ships that play entirely differently. The game is well worth it's full price.

quakster posted:

Where has FTL been done before, or better?

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 26, 2015

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

Helical Nightmares posted:

Holy poo poo this isn't a joke. Hahahaha. Good for them.

It's funny to watch a guy play it a couple times. But the game looks kind of poo poo.
https://youtu.be/g-4w2zsf4_o
https://youtu.be/2NqL-1i9z3E

Gianthogweed fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 27, 2015

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

JebanyPedal posted:

Want diarrheatic slurry spooned into your mouth? Sorry, we're all out. But we do have the next best shitpile to consume. Grand Theft Auto 5. Tedious driving simulator with retarded palsy physics included. Enjoy horrendously boring side activities in between 2 hour load times. If you're lucky the humor won't make you stroke out but unfortunately you'll probably die from the sheer boredom first.

This is correct. GTAV is the first of the 3d GTA games I just couldn't finish.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
i looked up this hotline miami thing everyone keeps mentioning, but it looks like a nintendo game from 30 years ago. how could that possibly be fun?

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene
if you're gay and maybe autistic like me you could give hearthstone a try

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

i looked up this hotline miami thing everyone keeps mentioning, but it looks like a nintendo game from 30 years ago. how could that possibly be fun?
Agreed. Someone kept telling me to watch these films like Star Wars and The Godfather, but wtf, theyre older than me .... Who give a poo poo grandpa lmao

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Agreed. Someone kept telling me to watch these films like Star Wars and The Godfather, but wtf, theyre older than me .... Who give a poo poo grandpa lmao

in the godfather, the people all still look recognizably human, and not a jumbled mess of brightly colored squares so this is a Bad Comparison

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

in the godfather, the people all still look recognizably human, and not a jumbled mess of brightly colored squares so this is a Bad Comparison
Things I prioritise in vidoeo games: the visual composition of the tiny murder men

Things I do not priorotise in video games: game

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
if they look more like murder squares than murder men, that really fucks w/my video game experience

besides, there's hundreds of games are both fun and nice looking, why settle for something that looks like poo poo?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im about to play Dragon Age inquisition because I like RPGs. I'll report back if it was good or bad (i probably won't though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

if they look more like murder squares than murder men, that really fucks w/my video game experience

besides, there's hundreds of games are both fun and nice looking, why settle for something that looks like poo poo?
because it's funner

• Locked thread