Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

ColoradoCleric posted:

simpsons has become the garfield of TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

Tom Gorman posted:

deep space homer is objectively the best episode

there are probably 7-8 others that come close but that one is top notch

homer at the bat

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

A Kpro posted:

Sideshow Bob should have his own tv show

its called frasier

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Every once in a while I'm reminded that The Simpsons wasn't cancelled a decade ago and is still on the air. When I'm reminded of this I let out a little 'heh'.

Thanks for reminding me.

Heh.

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED

Junior Jr. posted:

Old simpsons episodes were about original funny stories, new simpsons episodes are about what's trending right now and make a parody of it ASAP.

like south park but not funny or creative in any way

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

ButteCysts posted:

like south park but not funny or creative in any way

so its like new south park episodes?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Ardemia posted:

homer at the bat

Tom Gorman posted:

deep space homer is objectively the best episode

there are probably 7-8 others that come close but that one is top notch

my fav is Cape Feare, but I love those episodes too

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I was going to say "that's not true at all, I saw a really good Simpsons episode lately" but then I remembered that was the night my cable went out and I watched some season 3 DVDs

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
family guy

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

I think the only reason the simpsons is still running is because they're still a following of people who tune in every week, buy all the blurays, and memorabilia. I can't name a single person I know that watches the new episodes.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I specifically said, no geeks!

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Chamale posted:

my fav is Cape Feare, but I love those episodes too
All of those are good, but my favorite is the stone cutters

And, OP, thanks for voicing such a controversial opinion.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Homer and Marge have a lunch date at an up-market sushi restaurant. Marge is excited at the opportunity to have 'grown up people' conversations as the kids are not with them, but Homer is only interested in eating. Enraged, Marge storms out of the restaurant. A worried Homer tries to fix his problems with Marge by finishing a to-do list from within his wallet that Marge had given him. Marge is disappointed because the list is from 6 years earlier. Homer returns to the Japanese restaurant and is given relationship advice by the head chef. Homer takes some food from the restaurant back home and offers it to Marge. She is almost impressed but becomes unhappy when Homer eat the food himself. Unsure of what to do, Homer goes to Moe's Tavern and talks to Moe about his marriage problems. Moe suggests winning her back by exciting her with sex, specifically sadomasochistic sex, as used in Fifty Shades of Grey. Homer goes to the local sex shop where he purchases an array of different sex devices. When he shows Marge all that he has bought she is confused and unimpressed. Homer sits down on one of the machines by mistake and is injured by it. He is taken to the hospital and while he is being treated they reconcile. Afterwards they return home and set all the sex items on fire; Marge admits that she was too hard on him as she says that no matter what he will try to make things right.

Meanwhile, Milhouse is sitting with Bart in the Springfield Elementary School cafeteria. He looks at Lisa and hopes that she will come up to him. She begins to approach him and he becomes excited, but she has only come to the table to tell Bart that Marge had mixed up their lunches. She asks Milhouse if she can eat his cupcake. Having just seen A Streetcar Named Desire for a class assignment, Milhouse takes on the personality of Marlon Brando, and is rude and dismissive towards her, refusing her request to eat his cupcake. This causes him to win Lisa's respect. Confused as to why his new tactic works, he continues this to keep Lisa interested in him. Seeking answers as to if it is okay to pretend to be someone he is not, he approaches the school counselor (Wanda Sykes). Before she can give him an answer she receives a call notifying her she has been fired. Shocked, she tells Milhouse that he should continue pretending to be who he is not, because his regular personality is boring. Feeling as though he is betraying his character he throws cupcakes (the same from earlier on in the episode) at Lisa's window. He apologizes for pretending to be someone he is not and they feel happier.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
They did an episode where Marge gets breast implants that ends with the Baha Men singing "Who Let Her Jugs Out" over the credits.

This was over a decade ago.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
the simpsons is gbs 1.0 as gently caress way to out yourself

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I agree but have a different idea than you of which older episodes were the best and which ones count as new

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Junior Jr. posted:

That's why she's dead. Also, can we post nude simpsons photos now?

i dont see why not Fox already posted Bart's penis

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Ardemia posted:

homer at the bat

lemon tree

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
You Only Move Twice is the scientific confirmed best episode btw

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Homer and Marge have a lunch date at an up-market sushi restaurant. Marge is excited at the opportunity to have 'grown up people' conversations as the kids are not with them, but Homer is only interested in eating. Enraged, Marge storms out of the restaurant. A worried Homer tries to fix his problems with Marge by finishing a to-do list from within his wallet that Marge had given him. Marge is disappointed because the list is from 6 years earlier. Homer returns to the Japanese restaurant and is given relationship advice by the head chef. Homer takes some food from the restaurant back home and offers it to Marge. She is almost impressed but becomes unhappy when Homer eat the food himself. Unsure of what to do, Homer goes to Moe's Tavern and talks to Moe about his marriage problems. Moe suggests winning her back by exciting her with sex, specifically sadomasochistic sex, as used in Fifty Shades of Grey. Homer goes to the local sex shop where he purchases an array of different sex devices. When he shows Marge all that he has bought she is confused and unimpressed. Homer sits down on one of the machines by mistake and is injured by it. He is taken to the hospital and while he is being treated they reconcile. Afterwards they return home and set all the sex items on fire; Marge admits that she was too hard on him as she says that no matter what he will try to make things right.

Meanwhile, Milhouse is sitting with Bart in the Springfield Elementary School cafeteria. He looks at Lisa and hopes that she will come up to him. She begins to approach him and he becomes excited, but she has only come to the table to tell Bart that Marge had mixed up their lunches. She asks Milhouse if she can eat his cupcake. Having just seen A Streetcar Named Desire for a class assignment, Milhouse takes on the personality of Marlon Brando, and is rude and dismissive towards her, refusing her request to eat his cupcake. This causes him to win Lisa's respect. Confused as to why his new tactic works, he continues this to keep Lisa interested in him. Seeking answers as to if it is okay to pretend to be someone he is not, he approaches the school counselor (Wanda Sykes). Before she can give him an answer she receives a call notifying her she has been fired. Shocked, she tells Milhouse that he should continue pretending to be who he is not, because his regular personality is boring. Feeling as though he is betraying his character he throws cupcakes (the same from earlier on in the episode) at Lisa's window. He apologizes for pretending to be someone he is not and they feel happier.

is this real

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

YeahTubaMike posted:

is this real

it is from 2013

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

they don't do good songs anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3w4pjE90ZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n8BPv43vhE

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Dubious posted:

You Only Move Twice is the scientific confirmed best episode btw

there are internet weirdos who claim this episode isn't that good and that it was the beginning of the end

I now understand why the simpsons writers had such disdain for the jerkoffs who used to post about the show on usenet

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Dubious posted:

it is from 2013

:geno:

i think the last simpsons episode i saw was the one with sarah silverman guest-voicing, and that episode was literally jus the jessica lovejoy episode but with a different character

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

SHARTING BEAR posted:

so its like new south park episodes?

The answer is somewhere in the middle

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

pretty soft girl posted:

there are internet weirdos who claim this episode isn't that good and that it was the beginning of the end

I now understand why the simpsons writers had such disdain for the jerkoffs who used to post about the show on usenet
it's funny and a good episode but it's clearly a big break from the stuff they were doing before

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
I stopped watching after Season 9. I haven't kept track, but I think that means at this point I've seen like 35% of all episodes.

I rewatched Seasons 1 through 5 a couple years ago and they are so loving good. I don't know how you can pick a favorite episode out of there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZBPoRwog00

I'm Crap posted:

it's funny and a good episode but it's clearly a big break from the stuff they were doing before

Yeah, Season 8 is good as a whole but it's definitely starting to veer into that heartless wacky references humor that the show turned into.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Please, not in Newcastle.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtJ28qOEG1g

Conan talking about the Monorail episode and where Jub Jub came from, the end of it is kind of weird because they talk about how the show will end while not addressing that it probably should of ended 10 years ago.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtJ28qOEG1g

Conan talking about the Monorail episode and where Jub Jub came from, the end of it is kind of weird because they talk about how the show will end while not addressing that it probably should of ended 10 years ago.

From the wikipedia entry for Marge vs the Monorail:

quote:

In 1995, during the production of Season 7, Yeardley Smith said of the episode as "truly one of our worst – we [the entire cast] all agree".[23]

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hadaka Apron posted:

From the wikipedia entry for Marge vs the Monorail:

When they talk about how the ending of The Substitute episode with Dustin Hoffman one of them is like "that's such a good episode, it's one of *other guys* favorites" and no one will admit it's more than a really ok episode

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hadaka Apron posted:

They did an episode where Marge gets breast implants that ends with the Baha Men singing "Who Let Her Jugs Out" over the credits.

This was over a decade ago.

And yet, the fanart continues to be drawn.

Bowlcutbarricade
Dec 27, 2014

Seasons 3-6 were the best seasons, Season 8 was when it started to go downhill and everything past season 12 is trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

When they talk about how the ending of The Substitute episode with Dustin Hoffman one of them is like "that's such a good episode, it's one of *other guys* favorites" and no one will admit it's more than a really ok episode

In that Conan video above, they talk about it being Mike Reiss' favorite episode.

• Locked thread