Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww. :3: But I imagine it got very annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elaieva
Feb 18, 2011
It was simultaneously annoying as hell and ... kinda weirdly endearing, because she was so. so. so. glad to see me riding in to her rescue, and would purr and snuggle and be generally adorable. By the end of the second week of that the 3am shrieks of kitten panic were getting old though, so I'm really glad she's figured it out.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Elaieva posted:

She does other stupid things ... but this. This was notably stupid. Good thing she is really pretty.
Three years after she got here, Kiska still hasn't figured out that if she goes out a window she can then come in the wide open door (or vice versa), so if you close the window she'll sit there all :saddowns: till you open it.

Dumb cats are just great.

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
Or maybe she figured out a way to get you to give her extra special attention?

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Tendai posted:

Three years after she got here, Kiska still hasn't figured out that if she goes out a window she can then come in the wide open door (or vice versa), so if you close the window she'll sit there all :saddowns: till you open it.

Dumb cats are just great.

LOL our cat Fat Newton still cannot figure out that to open the cabinets its pull not push. He watches every other cat in the house do it, but he just cannot seem to grasp that one small fact. He will spend 20 minutes pushing agains the cabinets trying to open the door, while the other cats push him over and open the cabinet, go inside and mrow at him inside. He just looks at us like OMG...its....magic! How did they do that?? And he again will push against the doors.

Its so funny but sad at the same time. We just call him our special snowflake indigo cat lol

Have to love the stupidity....

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Dumbcats bestcats. Hugo is dumber than a sack of hammers but he is sweet and non-threatening and it's great watching it slowly dawn on him that maybe...maybe that wiggling toy ...might be......fun? to chase? and his eyes get all big and his fur fluffs up and about 5 hours later he pounces

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I demand more kitten pictures :colbert:

Tamarillo posted:

Dumbcats bestcats. Hugo is dumber than a sack of hammers but he is sweet and non-threatening and it's great watching it slowly dawn on him that maybe...maybe that wiggling toy ...might be......fun? to chase? and his eyes get all big and his fur fluffs up and about 5 hours later he pounces
Yeah I watched Kiska and a bird yesterday and her effort to hunt it consisted of watching it, chattering excitedly, and then short-circuiting her dumb cat brain and rolling onto her side while the bewildered bird watched from about ten feet away.

Elaieva
Feb 18, 2011
Quick update and I'll post Momcat and kitten pictures later. Periodically I take the cages apart and clean them, one at a time. Today is one of those days. Barbie now cannot figure out how to get into the cage, because she was going in through the long side of the one I am cleaning, and the only side she can get into the other one on is the short side. She is baffled and upset, and is pacing up and down and crying. Mind you, the other kittens are coming and going at will .. apparently she thinks they can teleport or perhaps like Disco Salmon's other cats they are just magic!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wish I was close to you and had a cat that didn't hate every other cat with every fiber of her idiot being. Then I could have two dumb cats :allears:

Elaieva
Feb 18, 2011
Moar kitten pictures!

Oliver being adorable:

Barbie yawning:

Tiny Girl being more adorable than Ollie:

Ash being fierce:

Tiny Girl and Midnight playing:

Tiny Girl again. I can't help it ... she's just That Cute.

Elaieva
Feb 18, 2011

Tendai posted:

I wish I was close to you and had a cat that didn't hate every other cat with every fiber of her idiot being. Then I could have two dumb cats :allears:

LOL can you imagine? The entertainment value would be unreal.

DreamtShadow
Aug 21, 2010

So what are Tiny Cat's issues you mentioned earlier?

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009

Elaieva posted:

LOL can you imagine? The entertainment value would be unreal.

I imagine they would stare at each other for two hours and then flop on their sides in unison.

Elaieva
Feb 18, 2011

DreamtShadow posted:

So what are Tiny Cat's issues you mentioned earlier?
Tiny Girl has no hip sockets -- severe hip dysplasia. She has some trouble walking, can't jump at all. She will probably have to have surgery when she is older to grind down the ball on her femur that should fit into the hip socket, so it doesn't rub what there is of her pelvis. At 8 weeks we'll do another set of x-rays and have an ortho consult to see what she can expect from the future, and then we'll start looking for a home that can provide her love and everything else she needs :)

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
Send Tiny Girl to me, I will carry her around in one of these forever and she won't have to walk anywhere.

p.s. post more bitchy Momcat plz

Elaieva
Feb 18, 2011
Per request: Momcat!
Momcat happy after dinner and some treats:

Momcat angry at another cat encroaching on her food dish:

Momcat bored and chilling under the baby's stroller:

Momcat hoping for a treat:

Momcat's resting bitchface trumps all other contenders for Best Resting Bitchface.

She's doing really well. She still stays under the couch most of the time, but she'll come out and interact with us more and more. We try to each spend some one-on-one time with her every day, just sitting and talking to her/giving her treats/whatever, and it's working. We've also started making her brush up against our hands to get her dinner or treats, and she will do it. She still doesn't want you to actually PET her, but she is at the "recoil a bit from the hand" stage rather than the "OMG the hand is going to kill me runrunrun" stage so, progress. And if she is the one who chooses to brush against the hand, she's fine with it -- a little nervy, but fine. She's really a very timid little momcat and I can't even imagine how she lived so many years as a feral. I'm so glad my husband caved and let her stay here :)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is Momcat as crosseyed as all hell like those pictures make her look? :catstare:

Elaieva
Feb 18, 2011

Tendai posted:

Is Momcat as crosseyed as all hell like those pictures make her look? :catstare:
Oh yeah. She is REALLY crosseyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's like she's trying to see the top of her own skull, it's magical.

• Locked thread