Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
This kickstarter poo poo is a goddamn goldmine! You just put up any old bullshit and people just throw money at you! loving amazing! Now I can finally bring to life my lifelong dream of creating a Smart iCockRing device!!! WONDERFUL!! Wait I have to promote it on social media and put in effort into my pitch? Oh nevermind I dont like to do any work. Im not really a work kind of guy, Im more of an idea guy,... IndieGoGO hmmm Whats this IndieGogo poo poo??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

This kickstarter poo poo is a goddamn goldmine! You just put up any old bullshit and people just throw money at you! loving amazing! Now I can finally bring to life my lifelong dream of creating a Smart iCockRing device!!! WONDERFUL!! Wait I have to promote it on social media and put in effort into my pitch? Oh nevermind I dont like to do any work. Im not really a work kind of guy, Im more of an idea guy,... IndieGoGO hmmm Whats this IndieGogo poo poo??!

I like you

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
if my campaign reaches $2,500 i will make another dumb joke in this thread

for $10,000 i will post a racial slur

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

if my campaign reaches $2,500 i will make another dumb joke in this thread

for $10,000 i will post a racial slur

This is the loving problem. A real person would just make a racial slur. Why would I pay for that?

Swizzbutt
Jul 12, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

This is the loving problem. A real person would just make a racial slur. Why would I pay for that?

He will let you direct his post or potentially send you a thank you letter, hand signed

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SwizzBuzz posted:

He will let you direct his post or potentially send you a thank you letter, hand signed

why would I want to do that? or have that?

Swizzbutt
Jul 12, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

why would I want to do that? or have that?

You got me there, but if you give me $5 now I'll have an answer by May 2016, maybe 2017 if I get enough money and have to port it to the Nintendo 3ds as well

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

You wouldn't, but a whale would. Most people on the forums actually never pay a cent to read my posts.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1696283364/hiit-bottletm?ref=home_popular

from the frontpage of ks. another startup tries to reinvent the wheel with another protein shaker cup. since when has a plastic shaker cup been damageable? lmao.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

SwizzBuzz posted:

You got me there, but if you give me $5 now I'll have an answer by May 2016, maybe 2017 if I get enough money and have to port it to the Nintendo 3ds as well

you are the worst salesman! I don't even have a Nintendo

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

the team behind it doesn't even lift

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

You wouldn't, but a whale would. Most people on the forums actually never pay a cent to read my posts.

they all paid :10bux: to.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
Shovel Knight, Banner Saga, Kentucky Route Zero, Divinity, FTL, Chivalry, Don't Starve, Darkest Dungeon, Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Republique, The Fall, Broken Age

I've had more stress-free fun with indie games the last few years than I have with triple-A titles.

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Mar 27, 2015

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ninotoreS posted:

Shovel Knight, Banner Saga, Kentucky Route Zero, Divinity, FTL, Chivalry, Don't Starve, Darkest Dungeon, Shadowrun Returns, Wasteland 2, Republique, The Fall, Broken Age

I've had more stress-free fun with indie games the last few years than I have with triple-A titles.

great. good job having fun paying for game before they were finished. Sorry that the rest of the world wants a finished product before we pay for it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
usually beta testers get paid. they don't have to pay to test the games

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

great. good job having fun paying for game before they were finished. Sorry that the rest of the world wants a finished product before we pay for it.

I never said I donated so much as a dime, chief. Bottom-line is that kickstarter has made a lot of good indie games exist that otherwise would not have. /shrug

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

usually beta testers get paid

posting from a bizarro-world reality confirmed

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 27, 2015

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Kickstarter is a donation. It's like giving your buddy $10 to buy a cheeseburger, sure you might get your money back next week, but you might also never see that dude again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009
you can get my big stinky butt to kiss for free

• Locked thread