Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you gonna be watching this?
Seth: YES! I'm buying in....to the WWE Network for just $9.99!
Bryan: NO! NO! NO! Gonna watch an indy show or Duke/Gonzaga instead.
Scotty & Grand Master: Why didn't Rikishi thank us? :cry:
Big Show: :350:
View Results

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Skeezy posted:

Max Landis actually made a tweet about the match. He made it sound like he was at HQ working with creative on that one or something.

Probably a joke.

He did a pretty good Reddit AMA the other day. He had been invited backstage for the go home show and said that he saw enough of what went on behind the scenes to know that he wouldn't want to work for WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's also making bank working on large-budget movies so he has no reason to slum it in WWE.

Speaking of, whatever happened to Freddie Prinze? I assume he doesn't work there anymore but he also seems to have mostly flushed his acting career.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

He's also making bank working on large-budget movies so he has no reason to slum it in WWE.

Speaking of, whatever happened to Freddie Prinze? I assume he doesn't work there anymore but he also seems to have mostly flushed his acting career.

He does a lot of voice work now, and has done at least 2 games with Bioware voicing two companions. He did great in both roles.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

He's Iron Bull nowadays.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Skeezy posted:

He's Iron Bull nowadays.

The Iron Bull

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Saint Freak posted:

The Iron Bull

I think you mean IRON loving BULL.

Also I never would have guessed that was him, that actually is really nice voice work.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bray gave an absolutely epic promo on the last Raw before Wrestlemania that should have sold anyone on him as a would be superstar, unless you had a self confirmation thing going and *wanted* him to be lousy. In which case it ain't his fault.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Mar 31, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
There's honestly not much you can do to build a feud for two months by yourself with a guy who shows up once a year. I don't care how spooky your powers are.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I just thought the HHH/Sting match was more of the clique + friends forming an unbroken circle created by them all sucking each others' dicks for 20 minutes

It's really weird how they built up Sting since November, and then the match itself was pretty much The Kliq + Hogan and Sting I guess

I also have no desire to see any of those guys ever bump again, Hall especially.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

sticklefifer posted:

I also have no desire to see any of those guys ever bump again, Hall especially.

I got a little scared when he took that bump on the outside.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I felt the same when Jake said he wanted to be in the Rumble. Other than a knock off the apron and being caught by someone, I can't see him taking a top rope apron bump ever again.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
The obvious solution is to have Jake the Snake win the Royal Rumble

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The obvious solution is to have Jake the Snake win the Royal Rumble

The Iron Shiek Principle.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think Reigns laughing while being pummeled was just a Samoan thing.
Like when Ray Sefo and Mark Hunt traded smiles and laughs while beating the crap out of each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPjmGNODnP0

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

DeathChicken posted:

Bray gave an absolutely epic promo on the last Raw before Wrestlemania that should have sold anyone on him as a would be superstar, unless you had a self confirmation thing going and *wanted* him to be lousy. In which case it ain't his fault.

yeah, bray showed he can still do poo poo even when he has to go above and beyond with what little he's given

I wonder how long he knew he wasn't actually going over

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

flatluigi posted:

yeah, bray showed he can still do poo poo even when he has to go above and beyond with what little he's given

I wonder how long he knew he wasn't actually going over

He should of known immediately

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Mechafunkzilla posted:

If HHH beating Sting made you upset and mad at HHH then...well, mission accomplished. Good stuff.

Thats the problem. It didn't make me mad at HHH, it doesn't make me want to tune in next week to see HHH get whats coming to him. It was supposed to be a one off match, and Sting lost for no real reason other than WWE ego. All that match did was cement in my mind that Vince is a sore winner who still gets off on burying every last piece of WCW. I came away from that match disappointed, that the WWE couldn't be the bigger men for once and give the fans what they wanted to see. Especially since the match devolved into little more than a tongue in cheek fourth wall breaking nostalgia trip.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Especially since the match devolved into little more than a tongue in cheek fourth wall breaking nostalgia trip.

I wanted Shockmaster to trip up Kevin Nash and Nash selling that he tore his quad because of it.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Extreme0 posted:

I wanted Shockmaster to trip up Kevin Nash and Nash selling that he tore his quad because of it.

Well, he did pretend that he tore his quad while selling, which was probably the highlight of the match

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Well, he did pretend that he tore his quad while selling, which was probably the highlight of Wrestlemania

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Shockmaster coming out to help Sting in that match would've made it an all-time classic.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Shockmaster coming out to help Sting in that match would've made it an all-time classic.

Sting should've been defeated when Shockmaster tried to come help him but failed to arrive in time to offset the HBK run-in because he tripped over himself on the way down the aisle.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Shockmaster's finisher would of been the Shocker in which he just trips and headbutts into someone.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
So, Honma basically.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

sticklefifer posted:

I'm imagining a match featuring run-ins from Robocop and Cheatum.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

I'm imagining a match featuring run-ins from Robocop and Cheatum.

Robocop might have gotten there faster than the NWO did.

might

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Mister Perky posted:

Robocop might have gotten there faster than the NWO did.

might

If he rode Gobbledy Gooker like a Chocobo then he would get there.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I just finished watching this and wanted to say it was real good thanks for reading

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Onmi posted:

Look, the story behind it was dumb, but Trips is gong on to face Rock at Mania 32. If He's having a match and Sting doesn't even know if he's having a match, Trips should win. And this is someone who thinks Sting should have won, until they brought Rocky out. The way the story leading to the match though, Sting should have won. Now GRANTED, I think Sting Rock would draw more than Trips Rock probably.

Woulda loved to see Rock come out and screw Triple H to set up for '32.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Just mentioning again that they had a match between Undertaker and Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania...and they held it in an open Stadium in the middle of the day.

That was hilarious to me. Talk about a mood killer.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The_Master posted:

Just mentioning again that they had a match between Undertaker and Bray Wyatt at Wrestlemania...and they held it in an open Stadium in the middle of the day.

That was hilarious to me. Talk about a mood killer.

The pyrogasm at the end of the show was worth it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Which Wrestlemania is the pyro at the beginning of the Then/Now/Forever signature from? I know it's from after a Taker match.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sticklefifer posted:

Which Wrestlemania is the pyro at the beginning of the Then/Now/Forever signature from? I know it's from after a Taker match.

Almost certain it's 29

E: I'm a doofus, I meant 28

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 3, 2015

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Well, he did pretend that he tore his quad while selling, which was probably the highlight of the match

Only way it could have been better was if he actually tore his quad while selling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ask Me For Warez posted:

Only way it could have been better was if he actually tore his quad while selling it.

it's quads within quads

• Locked thread