Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Rhix posted:

I'm in the only union at our company, watching every other department get slashed by layoffs despite consistently good profits and corporate execs coming and going with multi-million dollar retirements.

but Right To Work isn't supposed to be anti-union.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I have to be careful when I peel an Union because it makes me cry.

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

on a union break rn :smuggo:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Demonachizer posted:

Unions are great. So are pensions.

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
Well, I used to be a pretty fair organized feller,
Till I turned a scab and then I turned off yeller,
Fought ev'ry union with teeth and toenail,
And I sprouted a six-inch stinger right in the middle of the tail,
And I growed horns...
And then I cut 'em off, I wanted to fool you.
I hated union ever'where,
'Cause God likes unions
And I hate God!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Speaking of scabs I beat one yup b 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Speaking of scabs I beat one yup b 4

surprise, surprise...a low-class, brutish union thug.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
U wot m8? (USA#1 FOREVER)

casual beep
Mar 28, 2015

What am I gonna run around like some teeny bopper somewhere for someone elses money? I make the money man, I roll the nickels. The game is mine. I deal the cards
Yeah unions suck

gently caress weekends

gently caress worker's comp lazy sons of bitches

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
what the hell are you guys talking about? This thread is about onions

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah I changed my mind about unions I'd rather take a 85% pay cut and keep the dues ($17).

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
onions, like if you crie everytime

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Enfield posted:

onions, like if you crie everytime

they have layers

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I cut them but I never cried

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Oh poo poo, I changed my mind. gently caress onions.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

poll: red onion vs yellow onion

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

yhis is my jam right here

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sojenus posted:

poll: red onion vs yellow onion

red. of course

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

red if raw, white/yellow if cooked

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i zoom in real close and pretend im a bacteria just hanging on some fresh cut onions

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

scallions make food better

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's fun to cut onions cause they really DO make you cry! Try it out sometime, it's awesome.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SHISHKABOB posted:

It's fun to cut onions cause they really DO make you cry! Try it out sometime, it's awesome.

i used to cry at onioms when i was a kid but i think ive really grown up and matured and now i barely cry at onions at all

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

Enfield posted:

yhis is my jam right here

gently caress NWS that poo poo

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Xae posted:

In the private sector, (1) "management" (Board of Directors) are elected officials and (2) there is a third party - the Stock Holders. Ostensibly they are represented by the Board of Directors. The problem is a SEVERE conflict of interest. Paying workers decent wages and not treating them like poo poo slows down how quickly the Management can loot the company.

Stock holders, and ONLY stock holders, elect the BOD. And the more financial stake/shares a stockholder has, the more votes they have.

Taxpayers alone do not elect public officials. Net recipients of transfer payments vote as well. In addition, votes are not proportional with financial exposure (amount of tax paid). All voters get a single vote of equal weight.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chris Christie posted:

Stock holders, and ONLY stock holders, elect the BOD. And the more financial stake/shares a stockholder has, the more votes they have.

Taxpayers alone do not elect public officials. Net recipients of transfer payments vote as well. In addition, votes are not proportional with financial exposure (amount of tax paid). All voters get a single vote of equal weight.

stop being so stupid.

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
im generally really pro labor and even wrote my masters thesis on business mobilizing to weaken labor in the seventies but I do administrative investigations for a living generally with state employees and God drat if some of these Union reps aren't shady.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
they are loving awful OP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Haywood posted:

im generally really pro labor and even wrote my masters thesis on business mobilizing to weaken labor in the seventies but I do administrative investigations for a living generally with state employees and God drat if some of these Union reps aren't shady.

kill yourself

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Ban all onions.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

both unions and onions are good for the working man. unions satisfy his appetite for good working conditions and onions satisfy his appetite for a mans meal

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
No guys you don't get it

Things that can provide a setting for corruption to occur are bad and should be done away with

Because of the corruption

For instance, everything in the entire loving world that ever has been or ever will be

Because there is corruption all over it

I heard / saw corruption occurring in every possible setting known to mankind

So they are bad

You loving retards

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
its better for there to be corrupt unions that give good benefits to employees and let workers be lazy than for the masses to be impoverished and overworked. the world could use a force pushing for laziness imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

• Locked thread