Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Serious question. With over 50% of marriages ending in divorce, why do people still get married?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
because they're lonely and loving stupid lol

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Lunixnerd posted:

cruelly cucked for kale

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
Top City Homo, would you ever get married and if so to what kind of person?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tsinava posted:

Top City Homo, would you ever get married and if so to what kind of person?

If I ever get married it will be to a beautiful religious Jewish woman from Israel to have dozens of kids

Until then Asian meat market is open for business

Marriage is to start a family with the people who want it, can afford it and want to put down roots together

Lol if you marry for any other reason Or at all lol if you marry an American

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Keep begging your wife to come back. When that fails, send her flowers with lyrics from one of her favorite bands songs attached; despite the fact that you have actually never listened to their music before. Once she rejects that, threaten to kill yourself so you'll get institutionalized. Spend two weeks rehabilitating, get out, and try winning her back again. When that fails, threaten to kill yourself and your family again. Spend two additional weeks in inpatient care, and two more months in outpatient therapy. Continue to miss her for the next five years, but bottle it up inside. hth

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
#KaleKuckKrew

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004

Ancient Mariner posted:

Call me crazy, but my wife of five years left me the other week for a vegan manlet fueled by starbucks and kale. I'm so emotionally drained lately, I don't know what to do.

Usually when I'm stressed out or feeling down I talk to my wife but that's obviously not possible. She was apparently cheating on me for almost a year and finally left me for him. This is awful. He's some sort of graphic designer but I don't know how he can afford his place because I there's no way he could afford it on that level of pay.

Could I hire a PI to look him up? He's got a lot of tattoos so he's pretty identifiable. This is all just so aggravating.

Kate, if you see this, gently caress you.

A woman only leaves a man when she finds someone better than him. Sorry you're less of a man than a vegan hipster.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Beef Turret posted:

If the most basic nutrition facts are too much for you to calculate then I pity you

you did it wrong lol

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

I am Toni Lippi posted:

A woman only leaves a man when she finds someone better than him. Sorry you're less of a man than a vegan hipster.

:eyepop: for truth

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp

Top City Homo posted:

If I ever get married it will be to a beautiful religious Jewish woman from Israel to have dozens of kids

Until then Asian meat market is open for business

Marriage is to start a family with the people who want it, can afford it and want to put down roots together

Lol if you marry for any other reason Or at all lol if you marry an American

It's good that you know how to marry properly.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tsinava posted:

It's good that you know how to marry properly.

most people should never get married at all

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

veedubfreak posted:

Serious question. With over 50% of marriages ending in divorce, why do people still get married?

like always, money.

disney corp makes films about being a princess inventing from whole cloth insane unreal kinds of 'love' and 'romance' while at the same time totally subverting the useful cautionary purpose of fable -> little girls watch movies and get brainwashed believing that they are entitled to this insane unreal magic while parents pay disney corp for movies and merch -> girls grow up and get married as soon as possible wanting to be 'happily ever after' under hilariously incorrect assumption that getting married and having kids will bring them there rather than be the literally things preventing them from getting there, buying disney corp wedding dresses -> series of financial and medical institutions syphon money out of wives with counselling, medication, gym, diet foods, self help garbage, et all and back into disney corp as they try to diagnose why animals aren't singing to them every morning -> finally conclude it must be their choice of partner -> divorce, lawyers syphon money back into disney corp through investment portfolios. -> mother loops back to stage 3, their children loop back to stage 2

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
you're on a roll with the crazy walls of text, could you give us a few more paragraphs about the animatied television series "archer"

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

veedubfreak posted:

As long as people continue to delude themselves that the feelings they have at the start of a relationship will last forever, there will be marriage.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

marriage is good for legal protections (particularly if you have babby) and taxes

i wouldn't bother getting married for other reasons

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My wife is a really good cook.

Feels good.

DenizenKane
Nov 6, 2013

Please. Go on.
Rape him to prove your dominance, op

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Hobohemian posted:

It would be hilarious if someone got left, and then lost everything in the divorce. Like, how much of a bitch do you gotta be for that to happen?

Well usually the house ends up being foreclosed. So that's a pretty likely scenario. The divorce court can assign the mortgage to whoever they want, but the bank gives 0 fucks and they both still owe the money. Sucks to be the OP.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
If he doesn't eat meat, he doesn't get enough protein. You could prolly beat him in a fight, prove your dominance, and your ex-wife will swoon.

That's when you tell her to go pick up her loser vegan hipster boyfriend and go gently caress herself.

It's really not that hard.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I wonder how it is done in the USA with alimony. Do you owe her now a monthly check? She was dependant on you and you should PAY UP!

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
always pick a farmer of some sort when you marry

they have to understand basic duty and doing things they dont like

since society is infantile a basic thing like marriage is hard to make work

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Ancient Mariner posted:

He's some sort of graphic designer but I don't know how he can afford his place because I there's no way he could afford it on that level of pay.

He doesn't have to pay rent on his big fat cock, OP.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

FunkyFlashman posted:

I wonder how it is done in the USA with alimony. Do you owe her now a monthly check? She was dependant on you and you should PAY UP!

Alimony is one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard of.

"Oh, you're used to sitting on your rear end not working?. Guess Your ex husband that you cheated on needs to keep paying for you to sit on your rear end doing nothing. "

Vasectomies are cheap. Lawyers, kids and alimony are not.

Mahnarch
Jan 7, 2008

Landing?
Do, or Do Not.
There is no 'Try'.
I got away clean.

My ex-wife left me for a guy living in a tent... (I'll let that sink in).

I kept the marriage on paper for the taxes. But, then I found out she got knocked up by the hobo/nature boy and filed.

The divorce cost me $125.
The government decided I now owe an extra $1800 a year for taxes.

Looks like the gov won in that one.

But, more importantly;
If I"m planting kale in my garden. How many seeds per hole and how far apart do I place them?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mahnarch posted:

I got away clean.

My ex-wife left me for a guy living in a tent... (I'll let that sink in).

I kept the marriage on paper for the taxes. But, then I found out she got knocked up by the hobo/nature boy and filed.

The divorce cost me $125.
The government decided I now owe an extra $1800 a year for taxes.

Looks like the gov won in that one.

But, more importantly;
If I"m planting kale in my garden. How many seeds per hole and how far apart do I place them?

ill put a lot of seed in your hole
--

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012
sounds like the vegan manlet can please your wife better than you can op, goondolences

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

OP would your wife have left you if the sex was good?

The answer is No

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax
make a video of you chopping your cock and balls off and post it on the internet

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012
force feed the vegan your cock and balls

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

a ex-wife now getting pumped full of organic free range hipster seed.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

when's the last time you had sex with her?

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I hate women!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
so he makes more money and is better at sex i dont know why she left you

• Locked thread