Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite dump stat
charisma
strength (nobody cool plays a mage)
dexterity (u r dumb)
intelligence (my dump stat irl)
constitution (put all points into strength like a real man)
wind resistance
View Results

• Locked thread
how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
A fat being bullied? Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
All points to Resistance :darksouls:

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

mango sentinel posted:

It is a sequel to 3.5. It is has some good ideas but has real bad encounter design math, and spellcasters are once again godlike while the only way melee dudes interact with the game is hitting things for tiny amounts of damage. If you want to roll dice and move dudes around a grid then play 4e. Otherwise maybe play Dungeon World or Mouse Guard or something.

dungeon world sounds really cool actually, thanks. i have a rotating group of ~9 people total and we play Catan every week, some of them are the kind of ultra faggots that I might be able to recruit into a pnp game twice a month

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Charisma is a poo poo stat unless you have a really good DM. You do not. Charisma is useless.

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010
What if you are a paladin or sorcerer or bard? Clerics also benefit from charisma for turn undead.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

mango sentinel posted:

It is a sequel to 3.5. It is has some good ideas but has real bad encounter design math, and spellcasters are once again godlike while the only way melee dudes interact with the game is hitting things for tiny amounts of damage. If you want to roll dice and move dudes around a grid then play 4e. Otherwise maybe play Dungeon World or Mouse Guard or something.

Funny how they tried to cut down all the conditional modifiers to just advantage/disadvantage but I could never remember to declare it one way or the other when I tried running 5e so combat ended up being flat and uninteresting, but with 3.5e/Pathfinder you bet your rear end everybody remembers every single +1 from altitude

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Cuckoo posted:

Rename her Stamina because she's a tank taking all the aggro

actually loling irl

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

cool tree bro posted:

What if you are a paladin or sorcerer or bard? Clerics also benefit from charisma for turn undead.

http://kxan.com/2015/03/02/teen-girl-charged-with-manslaughter-for-encouraging-friend-to-commit-suicide/

all points in charisma

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

there's a ring which pumps it to 18 just out of the first dungeon hth

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

bitmap posted:

there's a ring which pumps it to 18 just out of the first dungeon hth

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I'd dump into charisma op

DGib
Jan 22, 2010

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I'd dump into charisma op

shes like 8 and her stat allocations are obvs terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Jastiger posted:

Actually Charisma is a dump stat in D&D but not in RL. Its the opposite.

Being maxed out in every other stat can get you far in life, but its always the CHA that takes the cake. There are weak, stupid, rude, uncoordinated people, that have big tits/dicks or can tell a good joke and they make BANK. Whenever someone that is super strong or smart makes a lot of money or is at the top of the economic ladder its because they also have a high CHA score in combination with their other abilities. Arnold wasn't really famous until he started acting, even though he was massively strong. Really good musicians aren't really well off unless they're able to connect to consumers. Neil Degrasse Tyson is really smart, but we know who he is because he's good looking and can talk to people.

Think about it.

no

lol

• Locked thread