Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Nathilus posted:

another discordian. sigh~ come back to us man. reality is all right. come on.

Reality is what you can get away with.

Hail Eris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Jabberlock posted:

So what you're saying is that all religions aren't just made up?

no im saying discordianism is a fake religion. Siddhartha existed. Lao Tzu existed. Hubbard existed.They were people that wanted others to take their teachings seriously. Whether or not Jesus existed, the same could be said of those who spread Christianity. Discordianism is not genuine.

yoyodyne
May 7, 2007
imgay

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Just chiming in with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPfMb50dsOk

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
You stupid idiot when you do a 'thing is bad' thread its supposed to be about something people have heard of before like Judaism for example

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Throwdini posted:

You stupid idiot when you do a 'thing is bad' thread its supposed to be about something people have heard of before like Judaism for example

its not bad its just fake and if you act like its not you seem like an idiot. also everyone with an iq over 95 or so has heard of discordianism. dont pawn your ignorance off on other people thanks.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Nathilus posted:

its not bad its just fake and if you act like its not you seem like an idiot. also everyone with an iq over 95 or so has heard of discordianism. dont pawn your ignorance off on other people thanks.

hahaha what? no, not really. not at all.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Nathilus posted:

Hubbard existed.... Discordianism is not genuine.

Wait so, loving xenu and the space planes are legit, but the other religion isn't real because it's not "genuine". Op are you that kale hipster that hosed that dudes wife?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Of course Discordianism is bullshit. No self respecting Eristic would ever claim otherwise. The origin story of the religion is literally two dudes got high and thought it would be funny to start a joke religion.

Every other religion pretends to be real. Oh yeah Joseph Smith totally got messages from God on how to translate some plates. Rael isn't just trying to bone hot ladies. Hubbard's son really did have visions of evil alien space kings, space dc-10s and hydrogen bombs. Some dude died two thousand years ago but magically got better. And before that God pranked a dude info almost killing his son but he loves you.

Discordianism drops the pretense. And in admitting that it's bullshit made up whole in the cloth by a couple pot heads this logically implies that it must be true because we know it is false. Corn dog batter does not constitute hotdog buns.

Hail Gay Eris.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

nobody thinks discordianism is a real religion including and especially discordianists

op is real mad he didn't get the joke

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

he looks like it

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

he looks like it

Nah, that nigga need a fedora with a Pinkie Pie tied to it.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone remember Eris Is Goddess? They were the smuggest

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
I too enjoyed The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"The same can be said of all religion"
-Dracula

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I'm mad as hell about this joke religion from the 1980's.

• Locked thread