Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Attestant posted:

I'd add a few more things under new player tips, maybe. Probably one of the first question everyone asks is "what are the best characters" and the answer is pretty much always "who you have relics for", so might as well make that very clear.

Related to that, I'd also add a suggestion about running 3 DPS + healer + support (or combat 5*) as a good starting composition, since some newbies first hit a wall because they don't use mitigation.
It took me a while to figure this out when I started, so it's probably good advice to have in the OP.

Drawtaliate also helps a lot with new player mitigation in many fights since it doesn't matter what your def actually is and dangerous NAT doesn't show up so consistently until higher difficulties. I found it pretty invaluable the first couple of weeks, and I still find it very useful in a lot of fights now a monthish in. Some version of this is probably worth at least putting in the other terms section just so new players know it's a thing that exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fair enough advice, added to the OP.

And here we are: New Thread :toot:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

NGDBSS posted:

Is there a datamined list of the order of future dungeons and their mastery conditions? I've pretty much got my revamped spreadsheet ready after cleaning up this one linked in the OP, and while Enlir's database has a wealth of information that I plan to put in it's still missing a few things.

This slimmed down fork is what I've come up with this far; any thoughts on tweaking it or adding more data processing?

Was this mostly just to add the checklist sheet? Otherwise it looks the same as the other roadmap/dungeon list one.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Partially for the checklist sheet, but also for the filter to select what orbs to grab. (Check the upper left corner for the All Loot dropdown button.) Additionally, the checklist has filters to sort out which dungeons are early priorities for stamina shards.

Plus beyond that it seems as if the previous author had basically been neglecting to update the roadmap/dungeon list. So I figured that since I'd already done the work on the stamina shard priority filters, I'd start tweaking what work they'd left behind and maybe go for some new features. Have any thoughts on how to improve it going forward?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I said gently caress it, dropped some cash on the game for an 11-pull on OverCloud 1. 2/11

Cloud Guise #2
RAGNAROK HYYYYYYPE! Time to give Cloud his time in the limelight.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Keeper's Choice 2 stuff is neat. Generally understated but good stuff. I probably won't pull unless I get real loving lucky on Guy 2 and draw Maria's BSB and/or Guy's imperil earth SSB, at which point I probably want a Gaia Gear because I have no shared medicas + earth boost is rare.

e: oop, wrong thread.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
Welp, I got 2 Sentinel's Grimoires, don't think I can complain.

Can anyone besides Tyro even use these? Should I just combine it to 6*?

Edly fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 9, 2016

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
I was too impatient to wait for the lucky banner to maybe save mythril but I decided getting a Blazefire Saber would be bad.

I am quite happy I pulled on the banner tonight.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

Partially for the checklist sheet, but also for the filter to select what orbs to grab. (Check the upper left corner for the All Loot dropdown button.) Additionally, the checklist has filters to sort out which dungeons are early priorities for stamina shards.

Plus beyond that it seems as if the previous author had basically been neglecting to update the roadmap/dungeon list. So I figured that since I'd already done the work on the stamina shard priority filters, I'd start tweaking what work they'd left behind and maybe go for some new features. Have any thoughts on how to improve it going forward?

Maybe I'm bad at internetting- I see where it says "All Loot", but there's no dropdown I can access. Ah wait, it works if I make a copy of the document, but not on the original. OK.

Anyway, no real suggestions. I'd noticed the other doc hadn't been getting updated so if you've got the motivation to keep yours updated that'd be cool.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Schwartzcough posted:

Maybe I'm bad at internetting- I see where it says "All Loot", but there's no dropdown I can access. Ah wait, it works if I make a copy of the document, but not on the original. OK.

Anyway, no real suggestions. I'd noticed the other doc hadn't been getting updated so if you've got the motivation to keep yours updated that'd be cool.
That sounds like a permissions issue - perhaps it'll work now that I've removed the protection from that cell.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

NGDBSS posted:

That sounds like a permissions issue - perhaps it'll work now that I've removed the protection from that cell.

Hmm, nope, still no good.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

It looks like the way Enlir did things was to allow edit rights to everyone, but to in turn lock down nearly all cells. Let me try some stuff along those lines.

Edit: I can manage to get the orb filter to work, since that's a button that tells the system what to use. The other filters, filter views on each tab, are still getting blocked by the morass of GDocs permissions. Any idea how to fix that issue? Currently I have a hidden master sheet that the dungeon list and shard checklist are grabbing everything from, but if I turn the former back into its own sheet then I can't do the orb filter at the same time.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 9, 2016

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Seems to be working now. Thanks!

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
What should I pull on?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

superloosegoose posted:

What should I pull on?
What do you have?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Red Armlet(x), Red Hat(IX), Oath Veil(VI), Gaia Gear(V) seem to be the way to go.

Common sense tells me to go Red Hat since my 9 synergy sucks and extra fire. But Im a stupid dumb fanboy and since I know muh favorite gets a Earth based BSSB Im inclined to go Gaia Gear.

E:Then I see Gaia Gear gets to Mag at all, so the Terry Bogard cap it is.

E2: Stardust Rod and Platinum Sword Getto.
Was seriously not expecting that.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Oct 9, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Shoenin posted:

Red Armlet(x), Red Hat(IX), Oath Veil(VI), Gaia Gear(V) seem to be the way to go.

Common sense tells me to go Red Hat since my 9 synergy sucks and extra fire. But Im a stupid dumb fanboy and since I know muh favorite gets a Earth based BSSB Im inclined to go Gaia Gear.

I mean, you have until 2017 to wait and see if you get your Earth OSB. edit: too late

And just a reminder to people:

Dr Pepper posted:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Edly posted:

Welp, I got 2 Sentinel's Grimoires, don't think I can complain.

Can anyone besides Tyro even use these? Should I just combine it to 6*?

Alphinaud and Onion Knight, when we finally get those, can use books but not worth it imo. Combine them.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Ultimate, Ultimate+, and Ultimate++ all mastered, and CM cleared.

Ultimate and Ultimate+ were torn apart by the A-team without significant effort; Draco Zombie actually was a bit threatening and almost took Celes down at one point but there was just too much ridiculous stuff for it to actually be a serious problem.

Ultimate++ CM team:

Yuffie (LV70) | Hardened Assassin | 4-point Shuriken (5* RS)/Edincoat (5* RS)/Flame Cloak | Fire Veil R5/Phantasm R3 (SB: Landscaper)
Vincent (LV67) | Devotion | Striking Staff (5* RS)/Edincoat (5* RS)/Flame Cloak | Thundaja R4/Alexander R3 (SB: none)
Red XIII (LV80) | Blood of Espers | Magic Comb+ (5*+ RS)/Gold Armlet (5* RS)/Cerberus Relief (5* RS) | Firaja R4/Waterja R4 (SSB: Stardust Ray)
Cait Sith (LV65) | Knight's Charge | Fairy Flute+/Precious Watch+ (5*+ RS)/Blaze Armlet | Heathen Frolic Sarabande R2/Multi Break R2 (SB: Shared SB AOE Heal from Precious Watch+)
Aerith (LV72) | Battleforged | Candle Rod (5* RS)/Wizard Bracelet (5* RS)/Tetra Elemental (5* RS) | Curaja R4/Protectga R1 (SB: Healing Wind)

RW: Sheep Song

That was...way too easy. No one died (although a crit stomp almost did get Cait Sith), his damage output was easily managable, and his large suite of elemental weaknesses meant I was able ot just tear him apart in spite of his massive defenses. Afer

I had more trouble with the Draco Zombie using my A-team than I did Diamond Weapon with the CM team, so yeah.

Oh, and word of advice: The Draco Zombie uses Pandora's Box every single time that it dies, not JUST the last time. Which is ironic considering how Draco Zombies could only ever use Pandora's Box once per SAVE FILE in FF7 proper.

Now to figure out who should get the first MC3. Do I give it to PCecil and eliminate any worries about not hitting the ATK softcap with Shout up while using the FF4 Excalibur? Do I give it to Ramza and just solidify his position as main support even further? Do I throw it to Tyro to help compensate for his poor stats (and to maybe justify putting him on the A-team, although whether I'd keep Y'sholta on the team and have Tyro supply Keeper's Tome or drop Y'sholta for Rosa and have Tyro supply Sentinel's Grimoire is something I haven't figured out yet)? Or do I just give it to Luneth, egg him to 99 for the RM4, and then go use that 40% chance for double EXP materia to grind other characters up faster?

the Orb of Zot fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 10, 2016

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Hey Orb, in case you missed it, most of us migrated over to the new thread. -> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793623

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

the Orb of Zot posted:

I had more trouble with the Draco Zombie using my A-team than I did Diamond Weapon with the CM team, so yeah.

Agreed that Dracozombie was more difficult, it is the first U++ so they undertuned it slightly. Should have brought Vaan for the U+, but Mastered in the end, so meh.

U++:

Like said, easier than I thought even with my gimmicky team. Vincent and Red RWed between turns of each other, and then resorted to Thundaja (thanks Dagger of Resolve) and Meltdown/Mori once Burst ran out. I'm glad I had Aerith as double healer, actually. Slower (since Red was hitting about 7-8k with Thundaja and about 12k with Purification), but safer.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
Anyone else immediately burn all their major orbs on the only deserving character, Lightning? 249 base attack on this monster hog. 607 base with my best gear in realm.

I'm really liking all these new record materias. How rare are these lode 3's going to be? Which ones are the best ones to chase after?

---

What is the best SB boosting rm for a drawtaliator?
Knights Charge or Lionheart?

superloosegoose fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 11, 2016

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

superloosegoose posted:

Anyone else immediately burn all their major orbs on the only deserving character, Lightning? 249 base attack on this monster hog. 607 base with my best gear in realm.

I'm really liking all these new record materias. How rare are these lode 3's going to be? Which ones are the best ones to chase after?

We'all have about one a week coming in for quite some time. Prizes from this first batch in terms of RM, are Pecil +30% Holy Tidus +30% Water (if you have his B/OSB), Lightning + Lightning Damage (doesn't really come into its own until Kain BSB event in a few weeks), Cloud + Sword damage, Vaan + Dagger damage, and Zidane +40% (!) thief damage.

(Oh, and also Luneth who has another XP boost, with double the proc rate of all of the others. If you want his, grab it early and egg him to max ASAP; it's a sunk cost that will take months to earn back but is worth it over the marginal gain of having one of the others for an extra week.

quote:

Lion heart over Knights Charge for straight up draw fire. For Drawtaliate, neither. Use Ace Striker or Mako or (ugggghhh) High Scorer.

Knights Charge is bad. It is almost never worthwhile

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

superloosegoose posted:

They don't get hit, so neither of those will matter much. The attacks that target them and are missed will not generate SB charge. I mean I guess technically Knight's Charge would be better since it would actually increase the SB charge generated from the ability uses themselves.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Dr Pepper posted:

FeralWraith posted:

Hey Orb, in case you missed it, most of us migrated over to the new thread. -> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793623

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

down to my last 50 mythril for tonight after scrambling to finish dungeons + the new update, hamelin would own???

PS pull from a few nights ago

Kind of a wet fart, Ramza's got wayyyy the gently caress better things to do with his SB bar than a Yuna BSB tier entry and worthless commands

Wyrmfang and Kaiser Shield are dupes

Maximillian is pretty decent and I use Fang a lot so having an actual SB is alright?

I really wanted some III synergy for attempting the Onion Knight CMs but DeNA decided otherwise :shepface:

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 13, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ramza's BSB commands aren't useless. A 2 hit Banishing Strike is always handy, and fueling another party member's SB gauge has its uses.

Edit: Also theres a new thread.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 13, 2016

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

So my A-team at the moment consists of Tyro for wall/full break/plus what ever is needed for medal goals (i.e sleep/slow) plus the ability to use synergy weapens that might otherwise be left out (like cards or blitzballs)

Then I have either either Relm with chocobo brush or lenna with mace of zeus.

Then a lvl 85 Gilgamesh with his BSB 6 star holy attack and ussualy a break or soul syphon.

The other two slots go to who ever works best against that particular boss.

However I am noticing now that I have Full break honed once and all the break downs honed to six uses that I only have to use Curaraise magic 2-3 times a battle and the regeneration/party wide heal SSB takes care of the rest.
I now have a 6 star green megaphone which full breaks every enemy and casts massive regen on my entire party for cait sith.

Also on the many many turns when hes not healing or using his ssb, he auto attacks for about 30-40% what my dedicated DPS guys do. Unlike Relm or lenna who hit for 5-8% (which I only do to build the soul gauge)

Now there are a few times where I have to use Relms or Lennas SB to bring my party back to full life. But I am thinking of making the 6star party wide heal and giving it Tyro so the last purpose they serve can be replaced by Tyros second ability slot which almost never even gets used unless the battle goes on super long that I need another power/magic break.

So can anyone tell me how effective the 6 star heal is before I clear the nightmare dungeons and dump a ton of crystals making the six star heal so I can get rid rid Relm and Lenna and replace them with Cait Sith who gives me 3-4 more full breaks on every enemeny, about an extra 10% dps per turn at the cost of being able to heal slightly less. He is also lvl 75 instead of 80 so using him doesnt waste exp.

Beasteh posted:

Wyrmfang and Kaiser Shield are dupes

Having 5+ is handy, especially on armor.

The FFT is almost never used synergy wise, where the + or ++ really shines. But it will make a minor upgrade on any dungeon where you are not rocking 5 star armor with synergy on every character.

I have 2 5++ swords for FF4. Which makes me unstoppable on that realm. But every other realm I have 2-3 5 star weapens with synergy which are better then the 8/7 star swords I have, but not by much.

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Nov 6, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Curada is pretty nice, the base heal is Curaja strength but the after 'stored' heal is a good bank. Since the stored heal isn't affected by MND and the potency of the base heal is pretty strong, it'll still work well enough on characters like Beatrix and Kuja who aren't exactly specced for healing duties.

It's still a bit risky bringing it for really extended fights (I think you can only get it to R2 or six uses in JP at the moment without a lot of grinding), but it's a little easier if you have a good healer BSB.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

After trying it for a few days I am having way more success using Cait Siths Green Megaphone SSB regen/Full break with one skill slot for Curaise then I did with a dedicated healer (CS is also only level 65 and relm or lenna were both 80. With haste and the battleforged materia the regeneration is up pretty fast and it tends to keep up with the damage dealt now that I have honed Full Break once. The only thing I feel I have lost is a party wide heal which again doesn't seem needed as long I manage to time my breaks/SG right.

Also the bosses die way quicker with full break/armor break up 75% of the time plus half decent attack stats and some decent offensive magic for a second ability (on battles where the boss is either heavily magic or heavily physical and thus I don't need both shell/protecta) so I need to heal way less over all.

TL/DR Full break is amazing.

TheAbortionator fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 8, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Playing around with my first OSB (Tidus):

-drat OSB weapons have some high stats. It has much higher attack than any 5*, alongside the element boost i's better than many synergy weapons depending on your selection. With Synergy it's just absurd

-It boosts water, the OSB does water, that's really cool. I dunno if other OSB weapons do that but if not it seems like a clear win for this one

-They added a 5* water skill the same time they added this and Tidus can use it. I'm actually honing it up, it's very good for him. It doesn't matter that you're not using a ranged weapon because the sword boosts water anyway. The 4* skill is nice too, it's basically Water Bladeblitz but not something I would drag around to every battle.

- He can do powerchain/full charge but I'm sticking to the sharpshooter skill for now. I might just give Lifesiphon for the other slot, his selection is not great.

- As crazy powerful as the OSB is it's really just a giant blob of damage. I know that's the point but I would still like to get some DPS bursts I think, especially with the utility a lot give.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
:siren: Y'all are in the wrong thread! :siren:

Newer one here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793623

• Locked thread