Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

You know, I'll just go ahead and put some feelers out: anybody want to get some bbq lunch on Sunday? We got a couple of options in every direction, so I'm up for whatevs. Let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

I might be into that, however I'd like to be at The Lost Well by ~3pm (give or take 30 minutes)

They show the MotoGP races every time there's a race. This one on Sunday will be the German Grand Prix track.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1719795381596153/

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp
Hey I had no idea lost well was showing GP races. I know the guys that work there came from the bar that used to be downtown but didn't know they continued that tradition. I will have to swing by tomorrow then. I am also off all day tomorrow.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

drat. I got roped in to working tomorrow... :'(

Gonna have to take a raincheck on bbq.

We should deffo ride some other time. I'll post another date later. Yeah?

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Bought a new bike yesterday - Triumph T120 Black. Rides like a dream!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Good lookin bike, duder

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

The Bananana posted:

Good lookin bike, duder

Thanks!! I had had my eyes on a T120 Black for a while now. So stoked to finally have one.

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

arbybaconator posted:

That's a nice looking bike! We can be Triumph riding buddies on one of these group rides.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Was there for this weeks race, insane poo poo. Marquez's strategy was genius and paid off and made for a really entertaining race.

Valt posted:

Hey I had no idea lost well was showing GP races. I know the guys that work there came from the bar that used to be downtown but didn't know they continued that tradition. I will have to swing by tomorrow then. I am also off all day tomorrow.

Yep, Lovejoy's (RIP) used to show it every Sunday until they closed.
When I got my Ducati Monster back in '09, I brought it to the Duc shop and the mechanic invited me to check it out and I've been going ever since. Glad they did because it's a great group of riders.

Lovejoys was great though, regulars would occasionally show up and make waffles for everyone using LJ's home-brewed blueberry porter or whatever else was on tap. BBQ places would donate huge trays of brisket/pork.

When LJ's closed it was hosted it at Gypsy Lounge for about a year. Not the best place for it, but it worked.

Oh and here's the FB group for the watch events.
https://www.facebook.com/TheAustinMotoGP/

arbybaconator posted:

Hell yeah dude, welcome to the club :c00l:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

So how many would be down for like a monthly ride and lunch?

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

The Bananana posted:

So how many would be down for like a monthly ride and lunch?

Definitely down!

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014

MetaJew posted:

For helmets, I think your options are limited to Cycle Gear or Woods Fun Center, for the most part.

I liked Motorangutang if you're in south austin. They should be done expanding by now.

Note I'm now in Denver and haven't seen it in like a month.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Oh I totally forgot about that guy. I checked out a 2013 636 he had for sale and a friend bought another 636 with ABS around the same time from him.

At the time he was located in a tiny storage space. I'll have to check out his store as I'm also in need of a new helmet.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

arbybaconator posted:

Definitely down!

Sexcellent.

There are a few of us in here.

I'd like to put together a general Austin BBQ meet on the 27th of August, and think it would be neat if the bike riders amongst us rode out together.

So, what say you?

I put a post up about it in the Austin Goon Meets thread.

Consider it a... Goon Meat.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

The Bananana posted:

Sexcellent.

There are a few of us in here.

I'd like to put together a general Austin BBQ meet on the 27th of August, and think it would be neat if the bike riders amongst us rode out together.

So, what say you?

I put a post up about it in the Austin Goon Meets thread.

Consider it a... Goon Meat.

In! Just put it on my calendar. Never been to Lockhart.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

If I'm not on my way to Moab, UT I'll make it to this.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Arby, anyone else, yall still up for bbq this weekend?

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

The Bananana posted:

Arby, anyone else, yall still up for bbq this weekend?

Yep! Still down

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

arbybaconator posted:

Yep! Still down

Pm'd for more deets

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

OK Austin Goons, if any others are interested, Sunday, we're meeting at 2:30. Shoot me a PM if you're interested. Come on, the more the merrier!

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Busy this weekend, sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Day Man posted:

Busy this weekend, sorry!

Ah, next time, duder

• Locked thread