Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Columbo is crazy popular in Easern Europe

Bronze statue in eastern europe? Looks like Lt. Columbo may soon have to investigate the dissapearance of his own statue (because eastern europeans are all metal thieves).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
^^^^ Hungary, if I'm not mistaken.
I watch it religiously. In fact I watch an episode every few months just so they last me longer, and by the time I'm back to season one I'll have forgotten most of the plot points.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

LSD CURES JUNKIES posted:

I'm Peter Falk's glass eye.

Legit question: Does Columbo have a glass eye? Peter Falk does, but I'm not sure if the character Columbo is supposed to, or if his glass eye is playing the part of a real eye.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I wrote a columbo episode.

Joseph Gordon Levit is Columbo and the killer is Sophia Vergara.

"Oh, uh just one more thing maam..."

*Grabs forehead

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
JGL is a detective just like columbo but he hates technology. So hes only got a flip phone.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ddraig posted:

Legit question: Does Columbo have a glass eye? Peter Falk does, but I'm not sure if the character Columbo is supposed to, or if his glass eye is playing the part of a real eye.

Columbo does not have a glass eye

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Helical Nightmares posted:

You have to explain this.

Also, I don't remember the basset hound.

Its awesome, isnt that enough? Also the basset hound was in I think one episode where he had to look after the wife's dog for the day.

Wow this was terrible, Columbo is not a bumbling idiot.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Now this is funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzKehvXNBus

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nutsngum posted:

Its awesome, isnt that enough? Also the basset hound was in I think one episode where he had to look after the wife's dog for the day.

He and Mrs. Columbo couldn't decide on a name, so they stuck with calling the dog 'Dog.' But I remember him figuring into a couple of episodes.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Sizone posted:

*taking a break from being columbo to play an italian american city works dude in a woman under the influence

i like the scene where he gives his kids beer and they get drunk

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Best ep was with the nazi magician. Dude got Columbowned.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
has anyone ever done a youtube troll where they play william shatner faking the 911 call from the 90's columbo episode and then play shatner's irl 911 call where he finds his dead wife in the swimming pool

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Oh, that coat! Tch, tch, tch! That coat, that coat, that coat...! Oh, I'm sure that we can find something nicer for you in the other room. Something maybe a bit warmer? What-what size are you? Do you know?

I feel like Columbo's better than at least 65% percent of shows nowadays. Really the only thing it's got going against it is the intro sequences where we see how the murder's carried out are a little long and boring.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Mr Underhill posted:

Oh, that coat! Tch, tch, tch! That coat, that coat, that coat...! Oh, I'm sure that we can find something nicer for you in the other room. Something maybe a bit warmer? What-what size are you? Do you know?

I feel like Columbo's better than at least 65% percent of shows nowadays. Really the only thing it's got going against it is the intro sequences where we see how the murder's carried out are a little long and boring.

JGL would be a good Columbo.

:colbert:

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

psyopmonkey posted:

JGL would be a good Columbo.

:colbert:

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/jul/17/mark-ruffalo-columbo-movie

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001

boom boom boom posted:

Columbo does not have a glass eye

In the episode 'A Trace of Murder', he makes a joke about only having one eye. When someone asks if he wants help, he says ok three eyes are better than one.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

God drat it no.

JGL or GTFO.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Mr Underhill posted:

^^^^ Hungary, if I'm not mistaken.
I watch it religiously. In fact I watch an episode every few months just so they last me longer, and by the time I'm back to season one I'll have forgotten most of the plot points.

I collect the seasons, great show and I will fight anybody who says different.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Nutsngum posted:

Best ep was with the nazi magician. Dude got Columbowned.

I liked the episode with the wine guy. It was so obvious from day one the wine guy killed his brother, Columbo was really just loving around most of the time.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Doug Sisk posted:

In the episode 'A Trace of Murder', he makes a joke about only having one eye. When someone asks if he wants help, he says ok three eyes are better than one.

Welp greatest columbo mystery solved

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

I liked the episode with the wine guy. It was so obvious from day one the wine guy killed his brother, Columbo was really just loving around most of the time.

Thats like every episode though. Dude just loves loving with murderers.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I think my favourite is one of the first series where Columbo totally fucks with the guy with the exploding cigars in the cable car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
I like that he only once ever got really pissed off and shouted a murderer down, and franky I kinda hated that. It was so un-Columbo it made me sick. Also no one seems to want to fight him or try to make a run for it, they're like hypnotized chicken around him. Best cop on TV, ever.

• Locked thread