Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

The Mad Archivist posted:

well this is titled the official gbs opinion so what's your point again

nothing, the smily described the thread p. well

ive never watched the show or breaking bad, but wanted to post anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

FTFY

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nice!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I really like it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

psyopmonkey posted:

Review: Magic Table — Bangkok, Thailand
Saturday, April 4th, 2015

Magic Table is a go go bar with more located only steps away from the now famous Dr BJ’s Salon which I first reviewed way back in early 2013. With private rooms in the back where dancers can provide oral services the place is something like Afterskool on Soi Cowboy. The place is easy to find even if it is also easy to miss. It’s not that it’s hidden or anything but the front doesn’t exactly stick out and there’s very little mention of the place online or on the old grapevine.

Magic Table has been around for some time. There have been some changes but none were serious enough to merit mention in my view. I can only review a place as I find it.

The entrance to Magic Table is set back from the road a little. In front there is an outdoor patio where women who work at the bar sometimes hang out and at least one or two guys can usually be seen nursing a beer. Why people chose to drink in locations like this is anyone’s guess but I guess it’s no worse than any “regular” bar that can be found in Bangkok.

Once inside costumers are confronted with a sort of dingy bar that is divided into different areas. There is a traditional bar to the right though I’ve never seen anyway seated there. The dancing area is to the left. It is there that customers find seats situated around the elevated stages that allow them to look up at the dancers and see exactly what is so “magic.” In case you couldn’t guess the dancers don’t don anything besides their skirts.

There are usually a handful of women working at the Magic Table. They aren’t typically the best looking ladies around but they aren’t far off what one would find at most blowjob bars and even some of the go go bars nowadays. There often standouts and sometimes even a real star will emerge.

The women on stage are friendly and because the place is usually quiet and uncrowded customers can actually engage with the dancers while their do thing. If a customer decides to buy a dancer a lady drink she’ll often continue to dance right in front of him bending over once in a while to have a chat or engage in some chit chat.

The drinks are reasonably priced. I don’t remember exactly what they go for at the moment but they’re certainly not as much as one would shell out at a go go in Nana Plaza on Soi 4.

The standout feature of the bar is the aforementioned private rooms in the back. Even though they look something like backrooms in Times Square in the 1970′s they are still a draw. The decor is good enough to get the job done and of course that isn’t the draw for customers in any case.

The dancers who work the bar are free to visit the backrooms with customers who can part with 2000 Baht ($61 USD). That’s a little more than most of the other bars offering oral in Bangkok charge but they don’t have dancing and such either. Places like Afterskool that do have dancing charge around the same rates when all is said and done though Magic Table is more private and offers less expensive drinks. Perhaps most interesting is that the rate for this and other services is printed on menus which is like something right out of a Macau sauna.

As I’ve said here many times service always depends on a number of factors. There’s no way to give a definitive rating to the service provided by each and every woman working to every customer that walks in. Things change from day to day and person to person. What I can say is that the women who work the bar are generally skilled in their line of work while throwing the usual caveats about mileage varying.

Magic Table does follow the typical go go model in some ways. The women working are able to go out of the bar and spend some time with customers during working hours if a bar fine is paid. The rate for that is 650 Baht most times.

As a unique take on the BJ bar phenomenon Magic Table stands out even if it gets little credit or notice. It’s not the best place in the world but it does stand out. I give the place a solid 3 stars which means it is well above average in a general sense even if it is lacking in a few areas.

It was a long hard road but with this review and an earlier one on the new Bit Style shop I believe I have covered every blowjob bar in Bangkok. I hope readers have enjoyed everything they’ve read on the topic and look forward to further coverage on this and other subjects in the very near future.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Arnt you reusing those?

You should find/make new ones to keep the joke going.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

psyopmonkey posted:

Review: BarBar — Bangkok, Thailand
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2014

While I’ve continued to write about people and places from all over the world more than one commenter has noticed that there has been a lot of coverage of a few types of establishments in Thailand. There are a few reasons for this. One is that that the adult entertainment industry in Thailand is huge. Another is that most of the establishments in the country tend to follow one of a handful of models: go go bar, massage parlor, beer bar or blowjob bar. In my mission to share as much information as I can, I’ve worked hard to try to get reports out on multiple places both so readers can compare them but also to free up time to write about more exotic locations.

I’ve taken reader comments to heart in recent months and tried to put some “traditional” Thai venues on the back burner while writing about more varied locations and operations. I will still continue to cover the massive Thai scene but I will intersperse the reports from the Land of Smiles with those from other areas. When I do write about Thai shops I’ll try to report on more on places that are a bit more out of the norm.

That brings me to BarBar a fetish bar located near The Strip, Club Electric Blue and Star of Light on the notorious Patpong 2 street in the Silom section of Bangkok.

I should say up front that I’m not one who gets much enjoyment out of pain. I think I wrote that somewhere else on this site early on but its worth repeating now. Because of that its quite possible that my views are skewed in the way that a Justin Bieber fan may view a heavy metal concert. Keep that in mind as you read on.

BarBar is very easy to find but it could also be easy to miss. I must have walked past it a dozen times or more before I even realize that the place existed, which may sound surprising since a leather clad mistress stands in front touting the place to those who pass by. The truth is that its easy to zone out when trying to get from one place to another in Patpong while avoiding the crowds, scammers and tourists out shopping for a plastic elephant statue to take home to grandma.

I’ve only been inside BarBar once. When I entered the aforementioned tout who is a Thai women probably in her 30′s asked if I’d ever visited the place before. Without thinking I said that I hadn’t but was recommended by a friend. I almost never to admit to being a newbie anywhere even if it is my first visit so this is a sort of habit with me. I can’t say how well it works since I have nothing to compare it to but it has never caused me any problems at least.

The tout told me that admission required the purchase of a drink for 900 Baht ($28 US). Since I already knew that from word of mouth and some online research I said “I know” and headed up the black staircase into the house of horrors that awaited.

Once inside it took my eyes a while to focus. The lighting is dark even for an adult bar in Thailand. In many places this is meant to hide flaws in the establishment and the service providers but at BarBar it seems to be part of a genuine effort to build atmosphere. There is supposedly a requirement that customers wear black clothes too but I saw customers inside in blue jeans and regular shirts.

Upon entry I was greeted by a waitress and a team of three women in fetish gear. The waitress took my drink order and my money. The three women directed me to a black couch in the middle of the floor and without saying anything began a brief show just for me. The show involved a wooden apparatus of some kind that the big-bottomed “slave” with obvious signs of child birth was bent over. The two “mistresses” proceeded to alternate between spanking her with a paddle, dripping hot wax on her round rump and clamping plastic clothespins on her nips. I was even offered the paddle at some point.

Once the five to ten minute show was finished the gals in question approached me and asked if I’d like to buy any of them lady drinks or try other services. Curious as to what exactly went on I agreed to the former and tried to suss out the situation. As I talked to the ladies I looked around the room. It’s about as big as a typical Patpong go go though it’s filled with various small rooms and apparatuses instead of stages. There is a standard bar where a few customers were having drinks. I’m not sure why one would come to a place like this just to throw back a Seven and Seven but maybe they were resting in between activities or something.

BarBar doesn’t seem to get crowded but it doesn’t sit empty either. During a two hour visit on a rainy weekday night I saw a fairly regular flow of customers coming in and out. It does seem to attract a slightly different crowd then some other places and couples seem to be a normal occurrence.

Special activities are available in a number of private rooms like a mock doctors office and a glass covered crawl space filled with pillows or right out in the open. Customers are given their choice though unfortunately the other customers around are not which means that a guy may end up being confronted by an elderly Chinese guy hanging naked from the ceiling while enjoying his beverage. There is a pretty accepting atmosphere about the bar but I imagine more than a few people not used to this kind of thing could easily become uncomfortable.

The activities aren’t straight forward or necessarily of the kind that readers of this site may know and love. Like the Devil’s Den and Eden it seems that customers who cannot assert themselves and explain exactly what they want can easily end up with very basic and mechanical service. Those who can specify may be able to make their fantasies a reality. A whole host of options are available. I only understand a few of them and I didn’t really care to inquire about the others. It does appear that full service is not on the menu. While it may very well be available with take out, obviously fetish play is the main focus.

The rate for taking a lady up for some special services is something like 1900 Baht ($60). Unfortunately I can’t remember the exact amount but for some reason this number sticks out in my mind. Women can be taken in any combination imaginable. Those on staff are divided into “slaves,” “mistresses,” “switch,” “kinky sister” and other categories. A photo gallery of the women of BarBar gives a good idea of what the staff looks like. During my visit there were only six or seven women on the floor and most of them were frankly not that attractive though I imagine that looks aren’t the most important thing for enthusiasts of clubs like this. For me the most intriguing lady on premises was a wide-eyed Korean gal who came in with her Western boyfriend only to quickly scurry back out a few minutes later. Still I should say that the ladies at BarBar are amenable and able to perform without problem and at least a few of them are attractive and well built.

Customers who want a shower before any fun they sign up for will find that the only option is a large open shower area in the middle of the floor that is apparently used for public shower shows. That means they’ll basically be soaping themselves up for whoever happens to wander on by, and they won’t even be tipped for the performance.

The mistresses are exactly that as I found out the hard way when I decided to see what was on offer. Without saying what I was looking for the ladies used to leading assumed that I wanted to be abused. I started to realize this as one got out a piece of rope that was intended for tying up my twig and berries while the other prepared a rubber glove for a prostate check. I quickly indicated that I wasn’t interested in any action of this sort, and then repeated this again just to make sure I would leave the place with my manhood fully intact.

After a bit of talking and confusion I shelled out for a few non-dominants to join us and settled on a longer show that I simple sat back and watched. My participation was welcomed but I didn’t do much but soak everything in. The women performed as could be expected but it seemed pretty clear to me that they were just doing a job. There didn’t seem to be a whole lot of interest in what was going on by any of the parties involved, including me.

After the show wound down I was able to talk to the ladies a little more and it turns out that a few of them have great personalities and are quite friendly. I’m not sure why they choose to work here rather than somewhere else like a beer bar but they could probably do well in almost any venue. Some of the others though seem perfectly fit for the place even if they might not personally have BDSM fetishes.

I never felt any clock watching or pressure at BarBar and that’s a good thing. Once I felt I had experienced as much as I wanted to I settled up my bill and headed back out the door. Back at the entrance I was bid a found farewell by the tout who was still working hard.

As a place where one can go to get tortured (though not necessarily in a titillating way) in exchange for a relatively high price I can’t justify giving BarBar more than one star. If I was going by nothing other than my own tastes I would probably give the place a half star, which is the lowest possible score on this website. Realizing that there are plenty of people out there who may find enjoyment in this sort of thing I have to go at least a little higher to be fair.

It wouldn’t be so bad if I wasn’t the only one into the BDSM fetish scene on display but it honestly appears that most of the women staffed here aren’t into it either. I can’t fault them. since few people in the world enjoy their jobs. But this greatly contrasts with the few workers involved with fetish work in Western countries and Japan who seemed to be genuinely interested in what they do for a living. Maybe I’m wrong but I can only write what I can. As I’ve said an infinite number of times before this site is only meant for entertainment anyway and nothing written here should be taken for anything more than that.

It’s an interesting place and I’m sure it has its place. All of the customers the place has are going there for something.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Send me the link to where you find these please?

It sounds like a gross old white dude writing these.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Dude, gross.

Thats all shades of creepy.

:gonk:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

P good OP but it suffers from being a prequel imo

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
It's good. After that last episode I think Jimmy/Saul and Walt are really similar. Both tried to play it straight, got nowhere, and became criminals.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

The Mad Archivist posted:

gonna wait until it's on netflix

Already on netflix with hola (Dutch Netflix gets the episodes as they air).

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

NihilismNow posted:

Already on netflix with hola (Dutch Netflix gets the episodes as they air).

"hola" is spanish for "hello", why is dutch netfix speaking spanish?

e:also, its a great show that has far exceeded expectations so far

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

brick cow posted:

"hola" is spanish for "hello", why is dutch netfix speaking spanish?

Besides hello in spanish it is also a free VPN service,

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008
My grandma was born somewhere in holland then came to america in her teens and married a guy who father my mother and my aunt then ran off with a lady. And so, my mom never learned any dutch because (and rightfully so) my grandma was ashamed of her heritage. Then I never learned any dutch. But my grandma would occaisonlly visit us and we'd take her to museums and areans, tourists stuff. She'd always find a dutch tour group and wander off with them any'd speak their retarded like german language. And we'd either laugh or just feel left out. Mostly left out. It was just really sad when grandma came to visit.

My other grandma was white but she was born in mexico, so that's how I know what "hola" means.

Also I'm like 98% dutch/scottish but I'm technically 1/4 mexican. But I've have a scottish last name.

And I like to put my finger in dykes.

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009
Better Call Saul thread and no one hasn't posted Mrs. Kettleman yet?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
It's too slow.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

We know how Saul's law practice ends, but we have no idea how the show is going to end.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Breaking Bad was a great show I enjoyed a lot, better call Saul season one is much tighter and more relatable than breaking bad season one so that's an achievement. It's funnier, the drama is better and I touch myself whilst watching it usually. It's really nice to just touch yourself. Sometimes I start giving myself a tug as I'm perusing the forums. It can be a nice feeling, not really trying to cum but just feeling myself out ya know

Swizzbutt
Jul 12, 2014

Dick Fagballzson posted:

It's good. After that last episode I think Jimmy/Saul and Walt are really similar. Both tried to play it straight, got nowhere, and became criminals.

I think Walt is very similar to chuck too, in a way in light of recent episode events. Headstrong, proud, doesn't want to see someone else succeed by "cheaper means" for the kind of work he did. He yelled at jimmy for taking the easy way out to become a lawyer, especially at Hmm, and Walts catalyst for breaking bad was that his partner in grey matter became successful for the hard work he did. Walt also berated Jesse when Jesse made his first really high quality batch of meth, even though Jesse isn't even a chemist. In chucks mind, jimmy is not a lawyer either. But I also agree that jimmy has his own similarities to Walt, except Walt became a bad guy despite good opportunities (accept money from grey matter) and jimmy is becoming a "bad guy" because he is being punished for trying to be the good guy.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I like slipping jimmy. I like Better Caul Saul.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
A heck of a lot better and more serious than I expected. Unironically on par with Breaking Bad. Great stuff.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

echronorian posted:

Breaking Bad was a great show I enjoyed a lot, better call Saul season one is much tighter and more relatable than breaking bad season one so that's an achievement. It's funnier, the drama is better and I touch myself whilst watching it usually. It's really nice to just touch yourself. Sometimes I start giving myself a tug as I'm perusing the forums. It can be a nice feeling, not really trying to cum but just feeling myself out ya know
relaxes the inside muscles, its p. good

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

I wanted to like it but it's just ok. Stopped watching around episode 8, doubt I'll get back into it anytime soon.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

oh and the brother character is the worst character in television atm.

NakedWithCandy
Sep 22, 2014
I thought it was going to be a comedy. It is Breaking Bad v2, though.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Doflamingo posted:

oh and the brother character is the worst character in television atm.

Hes as hateable as the blonde dumbfuck oval office from The Slap.

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I give the show 2 thumbs up, three thumbs sideways, and one thumb in my butt.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

First season of BCS (Better Call Saul) is better than the entirety of BB (Breaking Bad)

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Hey I didn't say that.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

its ok i knew what you meant

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Pookum posted:

one of those goons at the start of the most recent episode was the guy who voiced trevor in gta5

yeah i just watched that episode and was going to look that up thanks for saving me the time

ps. show is good

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

NakedWithCandy posted:

I thought it was going to be a comedy. It is Breaking Bad v2, though.

No...

V.5. Its a prequel.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

CaptainQuirk posted:

Better Call Saul thread and no one hasn't posted Mrs. Kettleman yet?

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Otisburg posted:

the wire was better, op

• Locked thread