Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ThornBrain posted:

I will be doing my own run showing off things Travis missed or what-have-you, at the very least. I'm waiting for the maintenance on the 23rd, which I expect will be the load-fixing patch.

Thanks so much. I'm really digging that game so far.

It looks so drat good, drat them for not making it cross platform :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Travis takes a shot at Father Gascoigne and getting revenge on that pig in the sewers.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Oh. Never knew the pig had poison breath. You should fight it one more time; try sneaking up on it.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

liquidypoo posted:

Oh. Never knew the pig had poison breath. You should fight it one more time; try sneaking up on it.

alternately, going through the sewers lets you bypass the flaming boulder on the bridge. So you face the pig to avoid the mob.

I guess the flaming boulder on the bridge is this game's equivalent to the Souls' series "dragon roasting you on a bridge" thing?

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

No, you misunderstand. They should fight the pig again and sneak up on it. Maybe they can try pulling off a vicious attack?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Speedball posted:

alternately, going through the sewers lets you bypass the flaming boulder on the bridge. So you face the pig to avoid the mob.

I guess the flaming boulder on the bridge is this game's equivalent to the Souls' series "dragon roasting you on a bridge" thing?

Nah, the flaming boulder is the game's equivalent to that dude who's standing at the top of the stairs in the Burg with the flaming barrel, complete with sometimes killing himself with his own trap.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

AnonSpore posted:

Nah, the flaming boulder is the game's equivalent to that dude who's standing at the top of the stairs in the Burg with the flaming barrel, complete with sometimes killing himself with his own trap.

Most of the time really.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

liquidypoo posted:

No, you misunderstand. They should fight the pig again and sneak up on it. Maybe they can try pulling off a vicious attack?

The vicious attack on the pig is even more incredible than the backstab on the armored boars in Dark Souls. If only because you just shove the werewolf hand right up in there instead of using your weapon like you do in Dark Souls.

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

I sold at least one copy of Bloodborne with a minute long video using a flashy weapon and the rear visceral attack on a pig.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

And there goes the reason why I was being vague :doh:

With all the subtlety of the vicious attack in question, too

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Why get a candid reaction when you can just go straight for the "If you do X, Y Will happen!" Makes it better IMO.

Tibby
Mar 24, 2004

happy bamboo cup
So did this thread die completely? Would be a shame if it did, the LP seems to be pretty good.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
We have a good chunk of new videos ready, but I'm going to wait until either we've switched YouTube partner companies or the start of June, whichever comes first.

Tibby
Mar 24, 2004

happy bamboo cup
Sweet! Eagerly awaiting updates then, loved your zelda LPs, so this is bound to get good :D

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Travis learns the ins and outs of fighting Father Gascoigne. Supposedly.

Next update will be threefold: one part of Travis' run, the first part of my side run, and the stream I did with Thud Dishsoap.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
You still don't use a blood vial before looting an enemy you know drops them :v:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
"Me and Thorn are two different people, we've gone much farther in this game than last time. So the experience will be quite different, I hope." *Dies to a basic enemy*

So far the experience appears to be about the same actually :v:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Here's a Bloodborne overdose for y'all. 7-1 is the next part of Travis' Icabod playthrough, 7-2 is my side run showing things he missed or did differently, and 7-3 is a stream I did a while back that ended up being a crack-up thanks to audience interaction.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Oh my god - that Cleric Beast boss fight!

If you're gonna cheese, go the whole hog, I say.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That Cleric Beast fight was savage.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
I'm pretty sure friend blob is one of those legless crawling guys in the sewer area in front of the pig tunnel, except friend blob has cunningly disguised himself with a shawl.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Step into Old Yharnam, what do you see? A running pile of skulls and poison monkey people. And a hazard we never thought we'd see in one of these games.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
The ones wearing bedsheets aren't afraid of the fire because they can't see it! :v:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
The little skull monsters that are pretty much this game's Crystal Lizards are much, much easier to kill than the mentioned Lizards, since they move much slower and don't vanish to quickly.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Whenever I see you pop the cold blood I'm just imagining him squeezing like a water balloon of blood or something :v:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
^^^I always see it as popping a big sticky clot that's still moist in the centre.

I really wish this game had a better system for classifying blood.

Blood(3) always makes it seem like you've just picked up three vials of blood, not a single vial of level three blood. They should have gone with good old Roman Numerals to make it clearer.

Or maybe it's me only who gets all :goonsay: about that.

EDIT: Here we go, this is what I mean:

Why not have it as "Thick Coldblood (IV)"

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jun 16, 2015

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

We wrap up the recording session with a couple Old Yharnam secrets and ruining multiple house parties.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The reason the red-eyed monsters have poison damage is the same reason they have those red eyes: The loud screaming version of the cloth covered guy aggros and powers the regular guys up when they scream like that. It makes this area a pain to go through the path down to ground level instead of using the rafters, because you get mobbed by little hairy Gollums that do more damage and proc poison.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

Gorilla Salad posted:

Or maybe it's me only who gets all :goonsay: about that.

No, that bugs the poo poo out of me too and I always have a pause like "Oh man, I got 3 of th- oh wait."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

slowbeef posted:

No, that bugs the poo poo out of me too and I always have a pause like "Oh man, I got 3 of th- oh wait."

I hope you watched part nine, that first minute of the video is the area I was telling you about in your thread.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Excuse me but the Messenger Urn Festival is extremely cute :colbert:

Neruz fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 25, 2015

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I don't want to make "night and day" metaphors or anything, but the insides of buildings in this game are so drenched in darkness so suddenly they feel almost like gimmick platformer levels.

Tibby
Mar 24, 2004

happy bamboo cup
You two make a good combo, the banter's nice. Liking the ambience of this game too, I feel it pulls off the creepy/scary vibes quite well when compared to the souls games. It has a touch more urgency to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Glazius posted:

I don't want to make "night and day" metaphors or anything, but the insides of buildings in this game are so drenched in darkness so suddenly they feel almost like gimmick platformer levels.

At least you have a reason to use the torch after 3 Souls games of it being worthless.

• Locked thread