Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
wish I was drikin a beer right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
You know what kind of beer doesn't get made often enough? Super-hoppy porters like Cigar City's Jose Marti. It's good stuff and I wish more breweries would make hoppy porters.

Also I've been enjoying Sierra Nevada's Hop Hunter IPA recently, apparently they make it with fresh hop oil distilled right in the fields of glorious, delicious hops. It's like the Celebration Ale they make around Christmas but maybe more aggressive with the hops. And it's only like $12 for a 12 pack so that's pretty rad too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Weyerbacher's Insanity is a Barelywine and it reminds me of a much more palatable sake.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Monkey Fracas posted:

wish I was drikin a beer right now
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/party?iso=20150408T17&p0=1091&msg=BEER+PARTY+TONIGHT

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
yknow what was good but I haven't seen in forever

like this beer that was a beligian strong ale aged in sake casks, think it was Hitanchino Nest XH or something like that

was good

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
I liked the American Wheat that Cigar City put out. It was hoppy, but not too aggressive. They don't seem to do too well in our store though. I think it's the lovely looking cans. At least Neshaminy Creek and 21st Amendment put out some cool designs on their stuff, like the Tenacious D themed Tribute Tripel or Fireside Chat respectively.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Xanei.exe posted:

If you mean a barley wine, in my experience they're unusually thick and extra malty for what one might be expecting. It's a strange taste, but some people like it. Worth trying at least once if you're adventurous

thanks for the tip!

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
Ain't no thang. :cheers:
I'm still a fairly novice beer coin-a-sewer but trying out new brews and suggesting them is fun as poo poo. Plus, it's a process made easier with that "create your own six pack" concept. Working in the department makes it easier to get first pick too, so sometimes I end up getting to try either half a dozen or a dozen new beers new beers every week.
Also, Ommegang Gnomegang. It's as fun to say as it is to drink!

Starman Super DX fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 8, 2015

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I had one of these the other day

Apparently everyone hates it but I thought it was pretty good :shrug: I'll drink pretty much anything though, beer is good

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sir_Charles posted:

I had one of these the other day

Apparently everyone hates it but I thought it was pretty good :shrug: I'll drink pretty much anything though, beer is good

I can't lie that beer looks pretty hosed up man

like what style is it closest to

what is it similar to

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
I could go for more places making hippy lagers or whatever that they market as IPLs. I'm getting sick of IPAs and they are a nice change. I'm also sitting at a pizza place during my break at school drinking a pitcher by myself because it costs at much as two pints, so why not.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Monkey Fracas posted:

what is it similar to

It is close to making you think it is different enough to take a second drink then just to confirm how awful it is before you pour it down the drain.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

4 hours 4 minutes until beer time

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Monkey Fracas posted:

what is it similar to

It's uh... kinda lemony with a little bit of vanilla. Lighter than you'd think for a beer that's 6.9%. Not something I'd drink every day but not bad for a change of pace.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

yes, I'm a goddamn beer hipster

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I'm drinking some south african wine that a sommelier gave to my parents.

I mean, it's alright.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

ActionJacksonATL posted:

Pliney the Elder and Laginatas sucks. You're welcome.

i used to work next to the lagunitas building in petaluma. went there after work a lot, and yeah, honestly it does kind of suck. actually most of the beers around here in the bay area kinda suck and really should be better than they are. like anchor steam or bear republic.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like beer

cool tree bro
Jul 27, 2010

Enfield posted:

i like beer

i like beer more

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Enfield posted:

i like beer

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Enfield posted:

i like beer

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Xanei.exe posted:

I liked the American Wheat that Cigar City put out. It was hoppy, but not too aggressive. They don't seem to do too well in our store though. I think it's the lovely looking cans. At least Neshaminy Creek and 21st Amendment put out some cool designs on their stuff, like the Tenacious D themed Tribute Tripel or Fireside Chat respectively.

florida cracker is good and the people who go to your store are dumb as gently caress

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I always get some cigar city beer when I go to Florida for work

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You know what goes great with beer? Burgers.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699735

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
i spent twenty English pounds on a single beer last week. It was glorious.

• Locked thread