Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Just out of curiosity, after the official result I ran the sim ten more times to see if Oregon could get a win.

Bama won them all.

There is no god.

my qb doesn't have the look :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

C. Everett Koop posted:

Just out of curiosity, after the official result I ran the sim ten more times to see if Oregon could get a win.

Bama won them all.

There is no god.

There may not be a God but praise the Almighty One there is a Devil

Hail Saban

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

C. Everett Koop posted:

Bama won them all.

There is no god.

I ran twenty sims of the game yesterday and each team won ten games. What offense settings were you using?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

King Hong Kong posted:

I ran twenty sims of the game yesterday and each team won ten games. What offense settings were you using?

Did you have them set to a neutral field?

Diggie
Apr 6, 2008
This thread is cool and good. Voted 5. Roll Tide.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Pakled posted:

Did you have them set to a neutral field?

Yep, the default neutral field.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

King Hong Kong posted:

Yep, the default neutral field.

Same, otherwise I didn't fiddle with any settings. Now, there's short sample sizes everywhere and if we wanted a true champ we'd run sims with thousands of games but that wasn't the purpose of this exercise. Of course, the point wasn't to crown Alabama champ either so who knows.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

C. Everett Koop posted:

Now, there's short sample sizes everywhere and if we wanted a true champ we'd run sims with thousands of games but that wasn't the purpose of this exercise.

Besides, a large sample size would give us 100% chalk and that's no fun.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

C. Everett Koop posted:

Same, otherwise I didn't fiddle with any settings. Now, there's short sample sizes everywhere and if we wanted a true champ we'd run sims with thousands of games but that wasn't the purpose of this exercise. Of course, the point wasn't to crown Alabama champ either so who knows.

Let's just pretend you confused Alabama with UAB's revitalized football program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

King Hong Kong posted:

Let's just pretend you confused Alabama with UAB's revitalized football program.

UAB would have run up the score instead of taking a knee

• Locked thread