Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo Kronwall actually got suspended for a dangerous charge. Since that's a repeat offender, does that mean he'll get suspended the 15 times a year he dangerously charges people with no call?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Goatman Sacks posted:

Holy poo poo Kronwall actually got suspended for a dangerous charge. Since that's a repeat offender, does that mean he'll get suspended the 15 times a year he dangerously charges people with no call?

I want to post "no because it's the playoffs", but that won't work because they forget half the rules in the playoffs. So instead I'll just laugh when the don't call any penalties in game 7. (Or they overdo it to make up for the Caps/Isles game)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My Facebook is ablaze with terrible opinions and THAT WAS A GOOD HIT WHEN I PLAYED AAA LITTLE CAESARS HOCKEY THEY NEVER CARED ABOUT FEET LEAVING THE ICE THIS IS BULLSHIT

a whole lot of pruning this week between that and Baltimore

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Dan Cleary owns I don't give a gently caress he can sign $1M contracts forever and sit in the press box it does not bother me in the slightest.

Dan Cleary is.... making $2.5m this year? Wow. I assumed it was more like a Craig Adams kinda deal where he made a little bit over minimum.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Zodijackylite posted:

Dan Cleary is.... making $2.5m this year? Wow. I assumed it was more like a Craig Adams kinda deal where he made a little bit over minimum.

I think it was a 1.5m with a 1m bonus if he made 10 games. The bonus might've been deflected to next year?

loving bro hug
Mar 7, 2006

I Love The Colorado Avalanche More Than I Love Landeskog's Balls In My Mouth
AND I LOVE LANDESKOG'S BALLS IN MY MOUTH A WHOLE LOT
PS Sakic > Yzerman

VJeff posted:

Nick Cotsonika ‏@cotsonika 3m3 minutes ago
Kronwall gets one game -- Game 7.

MARCHENKO TIME :toot:

I'd be surprised (but happy) if Marchenko gets the call instead of Kindl.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

VJeff posted:

I think it was a 1.5m with a 1m bonus if he made 10 games. The bonus might've been deflected to next year?

A one million dollar bonus for playing TEN NHL GAMES. :stare:. Holy moly.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Trevor Bird posted:

Probably still a decent bet with Dan Cleary.

Also bonuses can be pushed off a year for counting against the salary cap. Ask a Bruins' fan how well that works.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's only for 35+ I believe.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Trevor Bird posted:

:staredog: That's like an admission that he isn't an NHL player anymore.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Aphrodite posted:

That's only for 35+ I believe.

bonuses can only be on one-year 35+ contracts (and elcs, which are a special case). on a 35+ contract, they can be whatever the player and team decide they want to be(example from last year: brodeur getting $10k per standings point earned on st louis). on an elc, there's a preselected list of possible bonuses (like points earned, trophies/cups won, games played) that can be picked and chosen to be included.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Players who missed lots of time the previous year with injury are eligible for bonuses on a one year contract, unless they changed that in the new CBA.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Remember when the Flyers signed Cleary to a 3 year deal worth $2.75M per but didn't report to training camp and signed with the Red Wings instead. Philly are pretty bad at the whole sensible hockey decisions thing.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Holmgren was a bad GM

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

shyduck posted:

Holmgren was a bad GM

This can't be quoted often enough

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Lehner's "been told to shut it down" :(

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

VJeff posted:

Also, it's weird and kinda annoying how people keep pretending Stephen Weiss wasn't really good, if coming off an injury, when he signed that contract.

"really good" is a bit of an exaggeration, but it looked like a solid signing to play the third line center and i expected him to be in the 15-20 goal 40-45 point range, which he actually wouldn't have been that far off of this season if he'd played 82 games in the nhl

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings

On Defense:
Ericsson-Marchenko
DeKeyser-Quincey
Smith-Kindl

congratulations tampa

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Mrazek might pull some crazy czech poo poo and steal it tho

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Marchenko in and no Zidlicky is a win whatever go out in a blaze of glory 5-0 tampa

e: if Kronwall weren't suspended and in for Ericsson/Quincey, and then Ouellet were in for Smith, that would be the best defense the Wings have iced in the post-Lidstrom era :negative:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 29, 2015

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is going to be like loving Rocky IV if the Wings win :lol:

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
this is seriously set up as a narrative for an epic win for detroit and perfect summary for my obituary

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Jakub Kindl's getting a hat trick tonight, Mrazek gets a shutout, Wings win 3-0.

That being said, the ending of the Wings' season means something is about to be removed from the Joe Louis Arena, from what people told me during Game 6.

_____Mice!_____

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
wings are gonna get outshot 30-15 and either lose 1-0 or win 2-1 and either way it'll be an embarrassment for all parties involved

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
DeKeyser is going to play 35+ minutes. What a shitshow on defense.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wonderllama posted:

this is seriously set up as a narrative for an epic win for detroit and perfect summary for my obituary

I literally laughed out loud at this hahaha

Tampa is going to get owned by a bunch of rookies and it's going to be :3:

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Hopefully they will manage more than 11 shots on goal like the last game 7 team I rooted for.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Poonerman posted:

Smith-Kindl

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Wonderllama posted:

If Detroit wins this game I will give you a huge apology and mean it

• Locked thread