Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomay
Jan 16, 2008
Problem description: Replacing a Radeon HD 6860 with an EVGA GTX750, while uninstalling AMD Catalyst which I believe uninstalls the Radeon drivers, I get this BSOD: . After the computer boots up again, Windows needs to run the repair tool or else it will crash again. CPU Temp peaks at about 90C, but falls to about 80~ right before the BSOD.

Attempted fixes: Ran Antivirus check. Googling told me other people have had this issue, but I didn't see a solution. Attempting to google the BSOD Error message led me to a Windows XP Hard Drive Issue.

Recent changes: None. Planning on removing the Radeon HD 6860 and putting in a GTX750. All drivers should be up to date.

--

Operating system: e.g. Windows 7 Premium 64-bit.

System specs:
Videocard: Radeon HD 6860
processor: i7 - 2700K
motherboard: Gigabyte H61M-S1
memory: 8GB
hard drive: 1TB Seagate

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Sounds like your CPU is critically overheating, if it's sitting at 90C when you're uninstalling drivers. Make sure the CPU heatsink is securely mounted and that the fan is spinning. Also verify that your harddrive doesn't show "Caution" in Crystal Disk Info (Portable Edition ZIP doesn't have anime or ads).

Doomay
Jan 16, 2008
Just ran Crystal Disk Info and everything was green, would posting the results be useful at all? Tried to uninstall once more, CPU temp didn't go above 62C and it still crashed with the same BSOD Error Message.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
I'd suggest verifying the system can complete at least one full pass of Memtest86+ without errors. Were you having any system issues before you tried uninstalling the drivers? It wouldn't hurt to post a screenshot of CDI, but I don't think your drive is the issue.

If Memtest86+ finds no errors and you haven't had issues otherwise, try using Display Driver Uninstaller to do the uninstallation.

• Locked thread