Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

yeah but the GOP doesn't have any attractive candidate at all at this point

hillary kind of sucks too though tbh but whatever first woman president at least

we should just start a political party with a platform that doesn't totally suck dick, the time is ripe. goon party.
lol i love how the democratic consensus is that their candidate sucks but hey, she's a woman, so might as well half-assedly support her.

way to inspire the people.

the democrats are gonna get blown out in this election so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Omi-Polari posted:

lol i love how the democratic consensus is that their candidate sucks but hey, she's a woman, so might as well half-assedly support her.

I never said I was a democrat, I'm just giving you political analysis.

It's not really about inspiring the people so much as it is appealing to the swing voters.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

It's not really about inspiring the people so much as it is appealing to the swing voters.

:agreed:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

but that is the democratic consensus.

the only people i can tell who are really juiced about hillary are upper-middle-class californians who like napa wine, social liberalism and an assumed president-to-be who will protect their economic gains.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

napa is a really nice place doe

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Omi-Polari posted:

but that is the democratic consensus.

Yeah and then you look at the GOP stable:
- A crazy latino, Rubio
- Another crazy latino, Cruz
- A crazy white man, Paul
... are there other tea party weirdos I'm forgetting?

- A famously stupid Texan, Perry
- Bush The Third
- A shady fat New Jersey wiseguy

Seriously Hillary kind of looks like the only sane choice idk

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

- Bush The Third
- A shady fat New Jersey wiseguy

it's gonna be one of these two.

prepare yourself for Bush vs. Clinton Part 2: gently caress america

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Let's get to the important issues and find out which clowncar candidate is the designated Pokemon Master.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Omi-Polari posted:

having a right-wing cuban president would be pretty :capitalism:

a right-wing cuban-canadian who, until he decided to take a swing at the primary, still had canadian citizenship.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SHARTING BEAR posted:

it's gonna be one of these two.

Nah. Christie is too openly underhanded about his corruption and is surprisingly too moderate for the Republicans to back full-force even if he is ironically the best shot they have of catching swing voters with his fat bully "straight talk" schtick. If he was around like at the end of the Reagan years and H.W. Bush wasn't a thing he could have had more of a shot, but by this point the only way the Repubs will back him is if they seriously think they can't groom Jeb into something manageable.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Flesh Forge posted:

Seriously Hillary kind of looks like the only sane choice idk
yet she is despised by millions for being an out of touch elitist

hence the whole van-hopping thing in the midwest atm

kinda like when an ivy-league educated republican goes out brush-clearin' at a ranch to show he's with the people

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Omi-Polari posted:

yet she is despised by millions for being an out of touch elitist

hence the whole van-hopping thing in the midwest atm

kinda like when an ivy-league educated republican goes out brush-clearin' at a ranch to show he's with the people

she's the most popular candidate from either party

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
personally i only have two regrets about hillary being the dem candidate: 1. gently caress israel. 2. since mexico's economy is still in shambles, we can't have a clinton destroy it again.

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

at least we will get more Prez Billy Jeff

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
oh yeah and there's no safety net for her to destroy like her husband. you know come to think of it im not sure there's any damage left to do in this country.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The_Franz posted:

a right-wing cuban-canadian who, until he decided to take a swing at the primary, still had canadian citizenship.

Also happens to be from best province, Alberta.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

she's the most popular candidate from either party

yeah but democratic voters are less likely to vote if they don't feel strongly about a candidate

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

It seems that there's no Democratic alternative to Hillary, even for show and that's troubling if her campaign falters in against the GOP nominee. Hillary was supposed to have 2008 "locked up" and then ran out of money to an unknown, 1st term upstart. The fall of 2016 will be a brutal campaign and who know's if Hillary can actually seal the deal.

The only way she'll have better odds is if the GOP nominee isn't Jeb Bush and therefore batshit insane.

Without other alternatives, the Dems are setting themselves up to fail spectacularly.

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Automatic Slim posted:

It seems that there's no Democratic alternative to Hillary, even for show and that's troubling if her campaign falters in against the GOP nominee. Hillary was supposed to have 2008 "locked up" and then ran out of money to an unknown, 1st term upstart. The fall of 2016 will be a brutal campaign and who know's if Hillary can actually seal the deal.

The only way she'll have better odds is if the GOP nominee isn't Jeb Bush and therefore batshit insane.

Without other alternatives, the Dems are setting themselves up to fail spectacularly.

elizabeth warren just needs to loving run

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

SHARTING BEAR posted:

Northeastern liberals don't win presidential elections. Especially if you're from Massachusetts. The last time one did, he had :airquote:
help :airquote: from the Chicago mob and certain precincts of his running mate from Texas.

:clint:

e: the fact that Hillary comes from the Northeast doesn't bode well, either. Not a liberal but that doesn't matter to the rabid right.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

burn all political parties and candidates to the ground and start over

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
less than half of you are voting at all

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SHARTING BEAR posted:

the DNC party apparatus and various corporate interests would never back a progressive candidate.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

I like Rubios, they have good tacos.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Automatic Slim posted:

hillary is basically a Calipari Kentucky team

:sports:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014

Omi-Polari posted:

Nobody is going to make a compelling case for Hillary because there isn't one but the GOP is the worst political party in the developed world so it's not like there's an alternative. It would be nice if you were given the option to subtract a vote from a candidate of your choosing.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hillary hides out at Chipotle:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/04/14/hillary-clinton-chipotle/25752159/

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

That really is the face of Tumblr isnt it...

Dr qq
Apr 9, 2015

by Ralp

drowningidiot posted:

GOP is the worst political party in the developed world

this is not even close to true

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

haljordan posted:

Also it's hilarious how the Republicans STILL can't get their poo poo together and just run one single candidate, for better or for worse, as opposed to a baker's dozen of unelectable nutjob lunatics.

On the Campaign Trail 2: Mind's Eye Theatre is what we deserve.

Does anyone still have the image of the round table debate with TV Reagan in the backdrop because lmao

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch
Aug 8, 2005

Obamunist Troll Bot: Built to bring a One World Government to the People

Moridin920 posted:

lol see this is the GOP denial in action.

it has nothing to do with the loss of the presidential elections and everything to do with totally alienating the moderate swing votes required to actually win.

The Dems have 1/3rd of people on lock, the GOP have a 1/3rd of people on lock, and the ones in the middle are the ones you need to actually campaign for. Texas is about to turn into a blue state in the next decade or so because the GOP can't come up with reasonable immigration reforms or even take the lead foot off the constant racism but yeah, keep being happy about 'winning' the midterm elections by electing a bunch of nutjobs that have totally made the GOP in congress look awful in every way.

The last couple presidential elections are meaningless because as you said Bush was super unpopular and an incumbent rarely loses (3 times in the history of the USA iirc) so they don't really indicate anything either way. The current state of affairs is pretty obvious to anyone with a brain though. Even the moderates in the GOP know it and are mad that the tea party has co-opted the GOP and turned Congress into a circus (more than it was already).

LOL nah, there are more Democrats than Republicans, and "Independents" are just secret partisans who fall along the same partisan spectrum as everyone else.

Anyway It'll be Jeb or Christie, but probably Jeb. It'll be a nasty campaign, but my intuition says Hillary wins.

Either way they're both still just pawns of the lizard people who control all Earth governments.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Dr qq posted:

this is not even close to true

outside of a handful of small crypto-fascist parties around europe nothing outshits the gop

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

My latino friends tell me cubanos are not really latino, there too white. I guess its sorta like how Obama isnt Charlie Murphy level nigga. Personally, I find it racist.

They just say this because Cubans vote Republican.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

pepito sanchez posted:

less than half of you are voting at all

If you vote against your state your vote literally doesn't count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Germstore posted:

Get a Clinton back in the office and get the economy going again. Any Clinton will do. What's Chelsea doing these days?

Making more Presidents.

• Locked thread