Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Manifest posted:

I'd loving love to be a stay at home dad, but I married an educator so unless she gets a swanky ivy league gig or something I'm pretty sure I have to work for a paycheck.

Yeah, it is nothing I ever expected to get into (or even enjoy) but I consider myself very fortunate for having the experience! I managed to snag an Ivy League doctor, which worked out well for this history major since otherwise I'd be one of those people bragging about their big 30k incomes :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

stefania_r posted:

But don't they mess with your you know what

bodily functions

Nope

Raging boners muscles and cheap whores

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Top City Homo posted:

Nope
cheap whores with raging boners

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

also true

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Itt you're 30 and reading the wikipedia page about female fertility vs age and freaking out because you're probably never going to have kids. And there's nothing you can do but resign yourself to it and spend some of that single guy money on all the booby prizes our great society offers. Buy a convertible, drink cocktails

This is good

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Not being married is ok. Not having kids is fantastic. Just get a job that you don't mind, a girlfriend, and spend the rest of your life being awesome. Go on vacations and get swole while having enough free time to pursue things you love with left over income to invest and save for your future. All your friends with kids will look 10 years older than you, 30 lbs heavier, and come to your house to relax, smoke weed, and pretend like they aren't living the american dream FOR ONE loving SECOND! GOD DAMNIT KENDALL! GET DOWN OFF THAT COUNTER SO HELP ME GOD!

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
Seriously, one of my Dad friends is coming over here right now to pretend like his life doesn't revolve around driving his kids everywhere for a couple hours (while his Mother in Law is in town giving him enough free time to visit a friend.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

Ancient Mariner posted:

hell yeah an ITT thread made it past page five, time to drop the facade and tediously serious post about the topic in the OP without self awareness or tact

• Locked thread