Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

texaholic posted:

Is there gonna be a death star in the one of the next three films? How badly will they gently caress it up?

yase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NELx1y8cr1M

We know how hosed up it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol it actually is a different desert planet called Jakku.

I'm having trouble figuring out if this is better or worse. Whatever it is, Rich Evans is better.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Dear Star Wars nerds: are the Thrawn books any good? All I know about them is that he is Alexander the Great in space who can beat other species by studying their art. That sounds rad as hell, but knowing it is a Star Wars book makes me think that everything beyond that premise must be awdul

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Dear Star Wars nerds: are the Thrawn books any good? All I know about them is that he is Alexander the Great in space who can beat other species by studying their art. That sounds rad as hell, but knowing it is a Star Wars book makes me think that everything beyond that premise must be awdul

how high are your standards?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

every star wars book can be good depending on how desperate you are and how low your standards are

theyre basically the fat chicks of books

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
LMAO at reading star wars books unless you are a middle schooler or some poo poo

edit: I was in the boy scouts for a short while and we would listen to Star Wars books on road-trips to camping sites. Actually reading them as an adult lol

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

texaholic posted:

LMAO at reading star wars books unless you are a middle schooler or some poo poo

edit: I was in the boy scouts for a short while and we would listen to Star Wars books on road-trips to camping sites. Actually reading them as an adult lol

he posted, as an adult, in a thread about star wars on the internte

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The books were bad when I was 13.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

"George Lucas began work on the story of Episode VII in 2011 in order to increase the value of Lucasfilm Ltd. before he sold it to The Walt Disney Company, although Disney would later elect not to use Lucas's story."

i can't imagine why

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Giblet Plus! posted:

The coruscant chase scene in the beginning was pretty awesome, however nothing memorable happened after it.

The chase scene was incredibly, incredibly stupid. The premise of the chase was stupid, what happened during the chase was stupid, and the end of the chase was stupid.

Faust IX
Nov 6, 2009
Don't worry, even if this turns out horrible (okay, not horrible, you cant possibly gently caress up as bad as the PT), you can always look back on TIE FIGHTER: the best loving 1-man animated cartoon rendition of that game.

No seriously, watch all the way through. And that was all by one dude on his own, sans the awesome guitar track and some sound editing. It even has the command room!

Alternative: STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE and THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK, as made by people in 15* second clips at a time, e.g., Star Wars Uncut.

They have already started work on Jedi, but please, go ahead and laugh at some of the...interesting...design choices the schizophrenic 100+ multiple persona "directors" made. :v:

Edit: My bad. The Uncut versions are 15 second clips strung from the beginning to the end of each movie. Yes, all of Empire and A New Hope, in very schizo 15 second clips. Just...watch. It'll be wonderful, I promise.

Faust IX fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 20, 2015

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Believe me, no one is more ashamed than me for asking a question about a Star Wars book. However, I'd rather ask here and be trolled than post in a 400+ Star Wars book thread in the "literature" forums and die of deep shame.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

really just read zahns other stuff, it's pretty decent

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Believe me, no one is more ashamed than me for asking a question about a Star Wars book. However, I'd rather ask here and be trolled than post in a 400+ Star Wars book thread in the "literature" forums and die of deep shame.

i liked em when i was like 14, there was a poor mans lando that seemed cool at the time and the thrawn seemed cool as well. when i was 14

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

when i was 12 or whatever i recall reading some star wars book where a dude talked about loving an alien, should be the focus of the new movies imo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm so loving hyped. :neckbeard:

Faust IX posted:

Don't worry, even if this turns out horrible (okay, not horrible, you cant possibly gently caress up as bad as the PT), you can always look back on TIE FIGHTER: the best loving 1-man animated cartoon rendition of that game.

No seriously, watch all the way through. And that was all by one dude on his own, sans the awesome guitar track and some sound editing. It even has the command room!

that TIE who gets shot through the cockpit. :stare:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Thrawn stuff is okay, there's no super weird sex scenes or poo poo like that as far as I remember.

The way they kill him in the end is loving retarded though imo.

Toadvine posted:

Wrong, dumbass! I'm not insecure, I'm awesome. I'm also vindictive because people like Lucas are easy targets and fun to hate.

lol is you serious

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 20, 2015

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Faust IX posted:

Heh, funny how the credits give a special thanks to a board on 4chan. Nice to see that they helped bring a cool example of fake anime into the world for a change.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fetus Tree posted:

movie takes place in mississippi

lol

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Great line delivery Harrison...... Really knocked that one out of the park

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

a starwar betamax posted:

Great line delivery Harrison...... Really knocked that one out of the park

Its like when Keifer says 'Kept you waiting, huh?' in MGSV but it just kind of grumbles out. It was awful but people still went crazy BECAUSE BIG BOSS IS BACK, BABY.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

the goon hivemind hating Harrison ford is a new one to me but i should have guessed.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

opus111 posted:

the goon hivemind hating Harrison ford is a new one to me but i should have guessed.

i hate their hate

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

opus111 posted:

You haven't seen Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls?

Edit: Not that I hate him. If someone were willing to pay me dump truck loads full of money to cos-play as my younger self, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Universe Master fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Apr 20, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
at this point, i am basically just a being of pure hatred

a hate elemental, so to speak

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

opus111 posted:

I want to like him but he does make it difficult

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

opus111 posted:

hes cool but he sounds like has had a stroke

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Universe Master posted:

You haven't seen Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls?

Edit: Not that I hate him. If someone were willing to pay me dump truck loads full of money to cos-play as my younger self, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

i have, he was fine, although the screenplay was dreadful and Shia-Tarzen scene was.....

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

opus111 posted:

i have, he was fine, although the screenplay was dreadful and Shia-Tarzen scene was.....

watch him in empire or something then watch him in these new movies, hes just dead inside somehow, theres no life theres no life.... not even old man vigour hes just maybe 20% there

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
go cry about harrison ford in another thread, faggots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fetus Tree posted:

who honestly gives a poo poo though