Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
This was truly my first time ever as scum, even after 16 or so games. I cannot believe I survived.

I had a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Fat Turkey posted:

ggwp

What powers did town have? With what was against us, I can't work it out.

Most of you played really bad tbh, I actually thought that I had to buff scum before the days played out. I feel like now-a-days (old man mafia rant inc) people rely way too much on night action and just don't go on gut alone. Scum couldn't get their kills off half the time.

Poque could only kill who Dugong visited (or whoever voted Dugong out) so there was a potential that he could only go so far with kills.

SK / mafia killing each other, two confirmed masons, two town protect roles, a hacker that can get information. A majority (uninformed) but a majority nonetheless.

Things fell kind of lovely as most of the roles that would've helped you died early, but you easily could've won the game.

I thought there could be balance tweaks, but for the most part I feel like every faction had a decent shot at winning. Think I might've wanted to add a roleblocker to the town to make things a bit trickier with Jailer and RB, BG etc.

Nobody called out Sam for not claiming until the last minute (and still nobody got him to claim) which was pretty scummy, and nobody really prodded him afterwards. KB claimed cop at the strangest time and didn't die and nobody batted an eye. Everybody thought somb was scummy but didn't vote him. 3 people were actively calling Poque SK for a while and nobody voted him til a day or two later.

Poque caused a lot of chaos, so did Somber's role.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 9, 2015

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh look town loses because some doofus votes in LYLO before letting someone even get to the thread.

Good times!

Thanks DBD I thought that was an awesome game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Fat Turkey posted:

ggwp

What powers did town have? With what was against us, I can't work it out.

Town Jailer, which was one of your kill protectors.
Town Bodyguard with BP.
Town Hacker that could apparently take lines from our scum doc and send it to someone else.
Town Masons that were also bus drivers to each other.
Town whatever Opop was that could place an anon vote, randomly reassign night actions after death or janitor himself.
Town suicider if the 3 vanilla's die.
and 3 vanilla's.

VS

Scum Puppetmaster
Scum Cop
Scum 1 shot unblockable kill

VS

SK with BP and LP
SK buddy who becomes survivor and is lynch pin to SK's abilities

----
So a couple protectors and investigators for town and a powerful SK who was also trying to hunt scum, theoretically. We won, so it makes it harder for me to say with any authority, but seems pretty balanced.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh look town loses because some doofus votes in LYLO before letting someone even get to the thread.

Good times!

Thanks DBD I thought that was an awesome game.

Thanks! Gonna close the thread in an hour or so so we don't clutter the forums but thanks again for playing all.

I may open a murder mystery type thing in a month or two that I did a while ago but way better (it's quasi mafia which may not even have kills just whoever figures out the scenario that played out) which will have red herrings and investigations and sort of CYOR thing with night actions as well. Should be fun.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Thanks! Gonna close the thread in an hour or so so we don't clutter the forums but thanks again for playing all.

I may open a murder mystery type thing in a month or two that I did a while ago but way better (it's quasi mafia which may not even have kills just whoever figures out the scenario that played out) which will have red herrings and investigations and sort of CYOR thing with night actions as well. Should be fun.

Sounds fun!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I better get invited to that because I waited like 2 years for the resolution of the last one.

drat you Fat Turkeyyyyyyyy

Good job though KB, I've won quite a few games with a cop fakeclaim on LYLO so I appreciate it. Ask Byers about it sometime!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

King Burgundy posted:

Town Jailer, which was one of your kill protectors.
Town Bodyguard with BP.
Town Hacker that could apparently take lines from our scum doc and send it to someone else.
Town Masons that were also bus drivers to each other.
Town whatever Opop was that could place an anon vote, randomly reassign night actions after death or janitor himself.
Town suicider if the 3 vanilla's die.
and 3 vanilla's.

VS

Scum Puppetmaster
Scum Cop
Scum 1 shot unblockable kill

VS

SK with BP and LP
SK buddy who becomes survivor and is lynch pin to SK's abilities

----
So a couple protectors and investigators for town and a powerful SK who was also trying to hunt scum, theoretically. We won, so it makes it harder for me to say with any authority, but seems pretty balanced.

Yeah. I wanted to buff Asiina more than the original PM which is why I sent her something different but ah well, other than that - I really wanted to see how Big Nothing's role would've made the game.

Also Kleedrac was immune to SK kills. I also should've changed Opop's random thing for his death rather than a lynch, wanted to see actions get all hosed up :D

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I think it was very well-balanced. The scum cop thing is pretty cool since if he tried to claim results on people other than me, I would have incentive to kill him which would help me and town.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Poque caused a lot of chaos, so did Somber's role.

It's just way more fun to overparticipate than to lurk. Everybody would expect an SK to be quiet and stuff, so I gave it my best. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I were killed in the day I would randomize night actions, if killed at night I would be janitored and put my grudge vote on someone.

• Locked thread