Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Eastern Conference Basketball?? I would rather
This poll is closed.
watch hockey playoffs 23 13.53%
watch baseball 18 10.59%
watch wrestling 19 11.18%
ughghghghgh fine 110 64.71%
Total: 170 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Imagine if the Mavs came back from 3-0 on the back of JJ Barea and Al-Farouq Aminu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If there was a team with the right combination of luck and coaching to come back from 0-3 it's the Mavs.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Imagine if the Mavs came back from 3-0 on the back of JJ Barea and Al-Farouq Aminu

Insha'Allah

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Now we all gotta keep watching because you know Shaq's going to say something about Reggie Miller.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Crazy Ted posted:

Now we all gotta keep watching because you know Shaq's going to say something about Reggie Miller.

I was gonna do it anyway. :colbert:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't usually like blaming refs for things but in this series the refs have not been very kind to the mavs.

....wow that actually is significant if you say that :stare:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't usually like blaming refs for things but in this series the refs have not been very kind to the mavs.

If the refs hadn't been terrible this could be 3-1 in the Mavs favor.

JJ Barea has never lost a playoff game when starting.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Would be worth the hatefucking theyd receive by Spurs/LA

J
Jun 10, 2001

They're going to come back because Josh Smith hit a couple threes and now he's going to shoot the rockets out of the rest of the series

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Youd think that and anecdotal but I swear Smith always has played really well against Dallas

danucleus
Nov 22, 2007
hmm
EJ laughed at Barkley for thinking the Clippers has 3 great games so far against the Spurs.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Spacebump posted:

JJ Barea has never lost a playoff game when starting.

This has gotta be up there with the weirdest stats such as Norris Cole, 2 time NBA Champ and Playoff Veteran Presence

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Ramadu posted:

This has gotta be up there with the weirdest stats such as Norris Cole, 2 time NBA Champ and Playoff Veteran Presence

norris cole objectively better than karl malone

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ramadu posted:

Steve Kerr: five-time NBA Champion

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Crazy Ted posted:

Steve Kerr: five-time NBA Champion

for now :smugdog:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Robert Horry is laughing at your Steve Kerrs and Norris Coles

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Intruder posted:

Robert Horry is laughing at your Steve Kerrs and Norris Coles

I knew the name but I did not know the record. "the most championships for anyone who did not play on the 1960s Celtics." Whoa.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's almost impossible to find a specific Horry video by searching for "Horry game winning 3"

The funniest thing was the Pistons being up 2 on the Spurs in game 5 of the 2005 finals and Horry inbounds to Ginobili, they double team Manu and leave Horry all alone at the wing

You guys have heard of Robert Horry right?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 27, 2015

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Intruder posted:

It's almost impossible to find a specific Horry video by searching for "Horry game winning 3"

The funniest thing was the Pistons being up 2 on the Spurs in game 5 of the 2005 finals and Horry inbounds to Ginobili, they double team Manu and leave Horry all alone at the wing

Yes, he is the 12-3 cohost on KNBR sports talk.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

Yes, he is the 12-3 cohost on KNBR sports talk.

I didn't mean the thread, I meant the Pistons. As in, why are you leaving Horry wide open with the chance to make a game winning three, he's obviously going to make it

I'm being kind of dumb tonight

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Robert Horry, he who makes threes and has impeccable hip-check timing.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
robert horry gave houston our champs too so i love him and now we're jinxed forever because of some dude in houston building the arena on an indian burial ground and were gonna lose the series becuase cuban and carlisle paid off the refs like last time 4-3 loss to mavs gently caress the mavs go rockets its our Championship year the stars have aligned

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

And Horry was hurt at the time, hadn't done poo poo in the first half, then ripped like 20 points in the last 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

PantsFreeZone posted:

Where's Kibner? He loves Austin Rivers. I imagine he's looking for his Austin Rivers Pelicans jersey so he can make sweet love to his woman in it.

Catching up on this thread now. I was at Rockville this weekend and haven't had a chance to watch any games or highlights, yet. I'll have to look this one up when I get home.

Currently stuck fighting with Hertz to get a rental car for cheaper than $150 for a single day just to get back home after our vehicle broke down this morning.

• Locked thread