Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
More like, in 3-4 years when you quit because it is clear you won't be making partner.

The only good thing about big law is exit options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Kazak_Hstan posted:

More like, in 3-4 years when you quit because it is clear you won't be making partner.

Best big law exit strategy: get pregnant. Get fired. Get confidential settlement.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Become a functioning alcoholic social studies teacher in a urban school district.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
The field trips for alcoholic social studies class would be awesome.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

joat mon posted:

The field trips for alcoholic social studies class would be awesome.

This needs to be a thing

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ActusRhesus posted:

Best big law exit strategy: get pregnant. Get fired. Get confidential settlement.

I think this policy is becoming adaptable to troons, depending on state.

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Unless you can get into an Ivy League law school, pay for it completely out of pocket (or have rich parents who will cover it), and have connections at a law firm that can get you a job when you graduate, going to law school is not a good idea. Even if all three of those things are in place it's not a good idea.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

retard law student posted:

i cant get a job at a big law firm i passed law school at my third tier college pity me waaaa

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Flunked out as a 1L by 0.01 GPA points. I'm dumb as hell but I feel bad for the folks who stayed in. :slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Become a functioning alcoholic social studies teacher in a urban school district.

That's uninronically my back-up plan.

• Locked thread