Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Broenheim posted:

the land of the gay as i always call it

BECAUSE of the homos

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

I'm getting sponsored for a work visa in a high paying tech job and even if you're getting sponsored there's still a lottery because there's a visa cap. there's no guarantee you'll actually get the work permit. gj america :thumbsup:

this year you've got a 30% chance of winning even after your company has shelled out for all the lawyers and poo poo. This is of course once you've successfully completed all of your interviews lmao seriously america just set up a new visa category for the EU for fucks sake (which the EU should also do for US citizens imo)

why do I like california so much ugh

edit: oh and if you do get the work visa, the earliest you can start working is in October. Submissions open on april 1st and last for 5 days so there's a good 6 months of pure anticipation and 0 ability to plan anything before you find out if you can actually move

edit2: gently caress it, might as well rant here, my SO also got into Harvard and lmao guess what, you have to convince the US embassy that you're actually going there to study and not planning on being an illegal. You also get sent back once you finish your studies (unless you apply for a job and get sponsored, refer to rant above) because who in their right mind would want to keep an Ivy league graduate around rite?

edit3: there's also a lack of good fish n chips in San Francisco holy poo poo how do you guys survive

:911:

awesome-express fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Apr 22, 2015

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Shes gonna be huge later in your marriage OP, your country is lookng out for your puto rear end

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Izumi Konata posted:

she deserves better

Yeah, like Canada

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Kthulhu5000 posted:

you hosed up op.
shoulda looked up north, you'd have your tongue deep in Canadian butthole by now, happies all around.

i've had my tongue up canada's bountiful crack

its great

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

awesome-express posted:

I'm getting sponsored for a work visa in a high paying tech job and even if you're getting sponsored there's still a lottery because there's a visa cap. there's no guarantee you'll actually get the work permit. gj america :thumbsup:

this year you've got a 30% chance of winning even after your company has shelled out for all the lawyers and poo poo. This is of course once you've successfully completed all of your interviews lmao seriously america just set up a new visa category for the EU for fucks sake (which the EU should also do for US citizens imo)

edit: oh and if you do get the work visa, the earliest you can start working is in October. Submissions open on april 1st and last for 5 days so there's a good 6 months of pure anticipation and 0 ability to plan anything before you find out if you can actually move

edit2: gently caress it, might as well rant here, my SO also got into Harvard and lmao guess what, you have to convince the US embassy that you're actually going there to study and not planning on being an illegal. You also get sent back once you finish your studies (unless you apply for a job and get sponsored, refer to rant above) because who in their right mind would want to keep an Ivy league graduate around rite?

edit3: there's also a lack of good fish n chips in San Francisco holy poo poo how do you guys survive

is SF we survive on cum

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

awesome-express posted:

Suck my hairy US citizen balls.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

op posted:

i cant marry my mail order wife that doesnt even speak english and is just marrying me for my green card im a loving retard babay

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

awesome-express posted:

You're why unemployment in the US is so high. You are a terrorist.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Why the gently caress would anybody want to immigrate to this shithole? The US is a lovely country and thousands of poor people are created every day. You might as well be bitching about how hard it is to immigrate to ISIS controlled Kurdistan.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

PerpetualSelf posted:

Why am I not allowed to marry the woman of my own choosing?

Because the Bible says so.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does she have any skills other than sucking your dick? Probably not. Find someone that the US actually values.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Mexican chicks immediately gain 50 pounds on marriage, this is scientific fact. It is also not good.

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
I'm an Incel and your post is very inconsiderate of my feelings.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yaos posted:

Why the gently caress would anybody want to immigrate to this shithole? The US is a lovely country and thousands of poor people are created every day. You might as well be bitching about how hard it is to immigrate to ISIS controlled Kurdistan.

clearly you've never traveled much

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yaos posted:

So lovely people still flocking by the thousands

Grass is always greener I guess. Lemme guess you wanna live in the EU :allears:

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

awesome-express posted:

I'm getting sponsored for a work visa in a high paying tech job and even if you're getting sponsored there's still a lottery because there's a visa cap. there's no guarantee you'll actually get the work permit. gj america :thumbsup: - Stop taking are jebs!

this year you've got a 30% chance of winning even after your company has shelled out for all the lawyers and poo poo. This is of course once you've successfully completed all of your interviews lmao seriously america just set up a new visa category for the EU for fucks sake (which the EU should also do for US citizens imo) - See above

why do I like california so much ugh - because you're gay

edit: oh and if you do get the work visa, the earliest you can start working is in October. Submissions open on april 1st and last for 5 days so there's a good 6 months of pure anticipation and 0 ability to plan anything before you find out if you can actually move - Because we don't want you

edit2: gently caress it, might as well rant here, my SO also got into Harvard and lmao guess what, you have to convince the US embassy that you're actually going there to study and not planning on being an illegal. You also get sent back once you finish your studies (unless you apply for a job and get sponsored, refer to rant above) because who in their right mind would want to keep an Ivy league graduate around rite? - We don't want to educate terrorists

edit3: there's also a lack of good fish n chips in San Francisco holy poo poo how do you guys survive - We don't eat disgusting limey food

I hope my answers shed some light on your predicament Something Awful poster awesome-express. If there's anything the free land of the braves can provide for you please direct questions to your mom.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

awesome-express posted:

I hope both you and your SO are shot to death in the coming month. Namaste

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

awesome-express posted:

go back where you belong then

e: and stop taking jobs and educational opportunities away from the people who deserve them, i.e., our citizens

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
more population is usually a good thing (more consumers to drive your economy!) but when your government is incapable of sane immigration and integration policy then you get what we've got

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

go back where you belong then

the trash?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the agent helping my friend with his Canadian wife screwed up her papers and now she can't even enter the country lol

they'll prolly divorce soon

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

immigration officials are basically cynical carny folk

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

A country with real healthcare would be nice. But not as nice as a country which had burned Texas to the ground.

Then we can invite Ozzy to come back and piss on the ashes. :black101:

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mr. Horrible posted:

A country with real healthcare would be nice. But not as nice as a country which had burned Texas to the ground.

Then we can invite Ozzy to come back and piss on the ashes. :black101:

If ur white just walk past the border and the guards will let y through with a tip of their hat

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what is this thread about :confused:

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Funkysauce posted:

I hope my answers shed some light on your predicament Something Awful poster awesome-express. If there's anything the free land of the braves can provide for you please direct questions to your mom.

Stop taking your jobs? You mean picking up strawberries under the hot sun or working for less than minimum wage selling oranges? gently caress you. As for taking spots that Americans deserve in the ivy league universities you needn't worry that they took your spot you loving retard.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tony Homo posted:

Stop taking your jobs? You mean picking up strawberries under the hot sun or working for less than minimum wage selling oranges? gently caress you. As for taking spots that Americans deserve in the ivy league universities you needn't worry that they took your spot you loving retard.

drat. sounds crazy. what are you talking about again, human being?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

dad gay. so what posted:

what is this thread about :confused:

Burrito vs poutine vs fish N chips

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Top City Homo posted:

Burrito vs poutine vs fish N chips

your making me hungy :(

lot of different types of homos itt

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

Tony Homo posted:

Hahaha, look at this 2014 'er. Make sure you get that sarcasm meter checked out.

Welcome to Something Is Awful dot com.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

dad gay. so what posted:

your making me hungy :(

lot of different types of homos itt

We have a club it's called gbs lol

Gonna go get burrito brb

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Top City Homo posted:

We have a club it's called gbs lol

Gonna go get burrito brb

k, bye

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'm actually on the tail end of this OP. 7 months later (expected processing time was 6 months) and just hoping any day now to get a drat update on our next move.

Good luck homie

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Nah that's not even screwed up. For you just a year of dumb interviews where you have to talk about your sex life and everything. It's designed to catch fake people who do it for money.

The best part however (through several people I know) is that couples who were actually in love and married for real still got denied and the bride/husband were sent back to the original country. That is, they got flagged as fake for some reason. It's like a DMV, you misspelled one thing and bye bye. Also like any gov't bureaucracy, you get one lovely interviewer with an attitude and you're done. In one case (friend of a friend) the girl was not only married to the guy but also pregnant. Got denied on one of the interviews and sent back. Immigration denial also = never ever getting a visa to the U.S. in your lifetime again. It's a wonderful system.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Rad Russian posted:

Nah that's not even screwed up. For you just a year of dumb interviews where you have to talk about your sex life and everything. It's designed to catch fake people who do it for money.

The best part however (through several people I know) is that couples who were actually in love and married for real still got denied and the bride/husband were sent back to the original country. That is, they got flagged as fake for some reason. It's like a DMV, you misspelled one thing and bye bye. Also like any gov't bureaucracy, you get one lovely interviewer with an attitude and you're done. In one case (friend of a friend) the girl was not only married to the guy but also pregnant. Got denied on one of the interviews and sent back. Immigration denial also = never ever getting a visa to the U.S. in your lifetime again. It's a wonderful system.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_663i6ffpzk

Look at this wacky relevant video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
wow a yearly cap of 85,000 for a work visa is loving ridiculously low lol

its called a brain drain america, you need to get on top of that poo poo

• Locked thread