Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Poonerman posted:

it's all meaningless because chicago's winning the cup hth

what if Kane breaks his collar bone again

*squints suspiciously at Corry Perry*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Loqieu posted:

I've had 3 separate non-hockey fans come up to talk to me about tonight's game at the office today. One said her husband was asking which food is more lucky, so they can order that for dinner.

I don't really like hockey all that much but I'm gonna watch the Caps game tonight because I figure at least one of the Caps or Wizards will win. Plus Game 7s are exciting. I still remember the last Caps Game 7 I watched...it didn't go so well :smith:

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

ThinkTank posted:

I've become the king of the 2 hour evening power nap so I can stay up to watch Canucks games on the west coast while living in Toronto. I can't imagine having to watch a game from Europe.

I usually don't watch that many live but tomorrow's an holiday here so I thought I take the opportunity to stay awake, especially some it's a game 7. But it's going to be hard. Might try to get some hours sleep and then set the alarm for 1 am and make some coffee.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm not saying the fix is in, I'm just saying that the Capitals went down from 3-1 to play a game 7 against the Rangers.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
those records seem awfully arbitrary and not actually indicative of anything

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

xzzy posted:

Chicago had a couple blatant too many men calls that went unnoticed in the first round. One of them led directly to a goal. :v:

In a game the Hawks lost 6-2, so it didn't end up mattering much.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!

Loqieu posted:

I'm sure everyone figured this to be the case, but people are paying out the rear end to watch game 7 at MSG tonight. http://www.cnbc.com/id/102672566

I know this is from pages ago, but one of my ticket buyers had rights to tonights game, we agreed to sell it since he was busy. We got $2000 for the pair, hours after we posted it for sale. Face was about $425 for the pair.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Poonerman posted:

those records seem awfully arbitrary and not actually indicative of anything

single digits are well known for being valid sample sizes.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nate Schmidt spotted. In for Gleason? (Please, God)

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Fehr in for Glencross please god

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Fehr's taking warmups! Fehr's doing line rushes!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

yep

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord
Eric Fehr in the middle on Caps fourth line with Laich and Wilson, replacing Curtis Glencross.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Gleason is playing. Fehr is in for Glencross.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
All I'm hoping for tonight is for a good game, and for the Rangers to win that game.

Let's go Rangers!

hitachi
May 2, 2003

Hail to the King, baby

Vertical Lime posted:

yep

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord
Eric Fehr in the middle on Caps fourth line with Laich and Wilson, replacing Curtis Glencross.

Yes!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

stop making good decisions caps

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Eh he might not be 100% so we'll see

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
lol CBC pretending that Ovi guaranteed a win a la Messier

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Let's go Rangers!

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

GDT whynot

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I was doing stuff today so I didn't get to post my Cup preference list or respond to some of the quotes:

-Caps- Caps/Bolts is a wash, but my younger brother was diagnosed with Lupus Christmas Eve and claims to be a Caps fan, so edge to Caps.
-Bolts- I like 'em
-Hawks- I'm alright with them and would be equally alright with another Cup.
-Ducks- Meh
-Rangers- Extended, probably-irrational-at-this-point gently caress Rick Nash sentiment

LmaoTheKid posted:

Nonono, you're confusing us with the Midwest and the rustbelt.

Especially judging by the hate for the Rangers who are easily the least offensive of the NYC Metro area sportsmans.

I went to school in the Midwest with schools with lots of different instructors from different places.

Guess where the biggest unabashed rear end in a top hat was from? Manhattan.

...but Sam Rosen is cool and my flight instructor is from Lon Gisland, so it's a wash, I guess.

Tailored Sauce posted:

Bring back the Sam and JD combo. Then the Rangers can win a Cup.

Otherwise why even play this dumb sport ugh

You can't have JD. We dealt with too much horrific hockey to get him and can't have our team which he helped sculpt after years of poo poo revert to the old form. :colbert:

e- I mean he fired Scott Howson, which merits him honors in itself, but that was after Howson HIRED him.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 14, 2015

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Of the teams that remain:

Caps
Ducks
Rangers
Lightning
Hawks

e: and whatever is necessary to kill the 'Frog Protection' commercial. NO ONE CALLS THEIR CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO ASK ABOUT FROG PROTECTION IT'S SO STUPID

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Does anybody have a GIF of Glen Sather from about a week ago? He had a cigar in his mouth and was just chucking pucks across the ice during a practice. It looked glorious.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Tailored Sauce posted:

Does anybody have a GIF of Glen Sather from about a week ago? He had a cigar in his mouth and was just chucking pucks across the ice during a practice. It looked glorious.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Haha thank you sir.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
God drat my nerves are shot. HR is jacked. But OT game 7 was bound to happen.

Shout out to Orpik. Hope he's soaking in those boos. And still, gently caress Kreider.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

rotaryfun posted:

God drat my nerves are shot. HR is jacked. But OT game 7 was bound to happen.

Shout out to Orpik. Hope he's soaking in those boos. And still, gently caress Kreider.

They lost because you made this post.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Ah gently caress.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
hockey is a dumb sport for dumb people

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Expected

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I really want to say something mean but I'm not because I was a terrible terrible poster today.

Caps fans, you guys are cool and I'm sorry if I was a miserable prick. That was an awesome series and I know you're sad and stuff right now so there's not a lot I can say.

I posted in the Charity thread that is donate 100$ to a local DC charity so if one of you could point me where to send my money I'd be very greatful. Maybe something education related?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Someone make the new thread

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Everyone loves Holtby but if he had frozen that puck instead of playing it those 2 icings wouldn't have happened. Caps dominated the period other than that.

C'est la vie. Dasvidanya thread

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Good luck to any of the remaining teams that don't employ the human shitstain known as Chris Kreider.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

I posted in the Charity thread that is donate 100$ to a local DC charity so if one of you could point me where to send my money I'd be very greatful. Maybe something education related?

I don't know of any local educational charities but I'm down for helping out sick children.

Children's Inn at NIH

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I guess I'm hoping for Blackhawks-Lightning in the finals then. Don't really mind either team winning. As long as it's not the Rangers or the Ducks, I'll be satisfied.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

mcvey posted:

Expected

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
I was gonna make a post about how someone should make a thread but then I just made the thread. I'll put some effort into it in the morning when I'm not phone posting

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
go team kimmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

HOW COULD YOU posted:

I was gonna make a post about how someone should make a thread but then I just made the thread. I'll put some effort into it in the morning when I'm not phone posting

I was just going to ask what the general rule about closing threads to get other people to make the new one so ty

• Locked thread